Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: MBB Roll Call

Default Re: MBB Roll Call

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    My mistake on Drake. I got them confused with Drexel. BTW, it's Hooten, not Wooten (sorry, I had to after the Drake correction hehe!).

So, I had a feeling "geography" would be the response, and it honestly it's a very valid one. So I get that. But we are also within seven hours from schools like SFA, Houston, Rice, TCU, Baylor, UTSA, and Memphis. FGCU is a farther drive to Ga Southern, and Jacksonville is a longer drive to Monroe as well as Rhode Island to Georgia State. As for quality, I'd have to respectfully disagree that Tech is more attractive than just Alabama and Georgia Tech. I would take FGCU, Mercer, George Mason, and College of Charleston tomorrow. They've all been the tournament more recently than Louisiana Tech.

There is no reason after all of these years that we can't attract better schools to play here. I'm not saying to get Duke or North Carolina to come to the Cajundome, but if South Alabama can attract Auburn and Alabama even if they are close; we should be able to bring in an SFA or Rice. Also, if Sam Houston doesn't want to play us, it would be interesting to know why.
    We played Houston last year. They aren't coming here.
    We played Baylor the year they won the National Championship. They aren't coming here.
    We played TCU a few years ago. They aren't coming here.
    Memphis isn't coming here (though I wouldn't mind playing them)

We should be playing Rice. And, I think UTSA would be a great choice. Stephen F. is kinda "meh" because of their location in a home and home, but I'd play em.

But in order to play, both schools have to agree. If you wonder why they won't agree, write and ask them.

And, I"ll stand by what I said about Tech, especially because of geography. Lets play Mercer? You think our fan base even knows who they are or where they're located? I don't

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    We played Baylor the year they won the National Championship. They aren't coming here.

We should be playing Rice. And, I think UTSA would be a great choice. Stephen F. is kinda "meh" because of their location in a home and home, but I'd play em.

But in order to play, both schools have to agree. If you wonder why they won't agree, write and ask them.

And, I"ll stand by what I said about Tech, especially because of geography. Lets play Mercer? You think our fan base even knows who they are or where they're located? I don't
    mercer beat DUKE in the tournament not that long ago. we would be so honored.

youre not answering the questions. not coming here is not an answer. WHYYYYYY are they not on the home schedule? tcu some basketball power? houston is too good for lafayette? they were a peer institution for decades. sfa is a recent round of 32 team. too good for lafayette though i guess. coach hooten has no reason not to play bob other than a personal issue but that is what the ad is for. who i assume bob would have a relationship with. but he doesnt. common trend

But why wouldn't Houston or TCU come here? Houston came here in 2013. We agree on Rice, UTSA, and SFA. So why aren't they on the schedule?

Those are the points I'm making. We both see teams that would be solid for home-and-home series, yet it seems like it has been forever since they have been on the schedule.

I would still take Mercer and FGCU. Mercer beat Duke a few years back in the NCAA Tournament.

4. Default Re: MBB Roll Call

"They aren't coming here" is an indictment not an excuse.

If Louisiana had a strong enough schedule (historically) they would all be coming here.

I encourage everyone to go back and listen to Jay's podcast (Ragin Cajuns Connection) from Nov 2021 titled Ragin Cajuns AD Bryan Maggard--fast forward to the 11 minute mark--Bryan indicates he is involved in basketball scheduling while he wasn't involved at Missouri--He basically outlines his philosophy which shows he is ok with scheduling these easy games.

https://forumeus.com/showthread.php/...tball+schedule

Marlin has zero connections!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Basketball scheduling thread from June 2019--article states Maggard will get more involved in basketball scheduling.

https://forumeus.com/showthread.php/...hoops-schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfever View Post
    I encourage everyone to go back and listen to Jay's podcast (Ragin Cajuns Connection) from Nov 2021 titled Ragin Cajuns AD Bryan Maggard--fast forward to the 11 minute mark--Bryan indicates he is involved in basketball scheduling while he wasn't involved at Missouri--He basically outlines his philosophy which shows he is ok with scheduling these easy games.

https://forumeus.com/showthread.php/...tball+schedule
    Teams too scared to play us LOL. What a joke. I lose more and more faith in this guy everytime I hear him speak.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Teams too scared to play us LOL. What a joke. I lose more and more faith in this guy everytime I hear him speak.
    im not down on maggard. but you cant come here and bs our people and think they will just forget about it. there is no sweeping it under the rug with cajun people. think im wrong, just ask a cajun woman about somebody that wronged them in high school. we dont forget. this is not the midwest. its not the coasts. people take things personally here. i sure hope that bryan understands this

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    But why wouldn't Houston or TCU come here? Houston came here in 2013. We agree on Rice, UTSA, and SFA. So why aren't they on the schedule?

Those are the points I'm making. We both see teams that would be solid for home-and-home series, yet it seems like it has been forever since they have been on the schedule.

I would still take Mercer and FGCU. Mercer beat Duke a few years back in the NCAA Tournament.
    Houston was floundering in 2013. They're a Final Four team now. I don't know of any P5's that would do a 1-1 and TCU isn't one I'd do a 2-1 with. (I would with Houston).
    As far as the ones I agree with, see my last statement. In order to play them they have to agree to play. Why they won't, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by ExecutiveCajun View Post
    im not down on maggard. but you cant come here and bs our people and think they will just forget about it. there is no sweeping it under the rug with cajun people. think im wrong, just ask a cajun woman about somebody that wronged them in high school. we dont forget. this is not the midwest. its not the coasts. people take things personally here. i sure hope that bryan understands this
    Did he ever publicly correct himself about Marlin’s 75% winning percentage or address what he was trying to say? Not to my knowledge. I’m down on Maggard. I get the argument of him doing a dozen peoples’ jobs at this point, and I try to be understanding given that of how putrid our game day experience, ticketing, concessions, etc have become. I’m still buying my tickets. This mess is not something I’m willing to look the other way on though.

Houston was floundering in 2013. They're a Final Four team now. I don't know of any P5's that would do a 1-1 and TCU isn't one I'd do a 2-1 with. (I would with Houston).
    As far as the ones I agree with, see my last statement. In order to play them they have to agree to play. Why they won't, I don't know.
    Houston wasnt floundering. Thats not why they agreed to come to the cajundome. Now they wont come because Marlin fields a team with rpi in the millions which hurts Houston in seeding. The schedules are made the way they are made on purpose. To pad the Marlin stats to keep him employed. 12 years of evidence, but you just keep dodging questions. Get Marlin back on the phone so he can answer our questions. we know those bs answers come straight from him and the rebounder club he brainwashed

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Did he ever publicly correct himself about Marlin’s 75% winning percentage or address what he was trying to say? Not to my knowledge. I’m down on Maggard. I get the argument of him doing a dozen peoples’ jobs at this point, and I try to be understanding given that of how putrid our game day experience, ticketing, concessions, etc have become. I’m still buying my tickets. This mess is not something I’m willing to look the other way on though.

and he never will. it was a foot in mouth moment

I don't know why they won't either. Perhaps it is because everyone wants a series to start at their place due to having a minimal home game no. requirement. As I stated in a different thread, perhaps if we got a waiver to play 13 for a couple of years, some series with similar D1 programs could begin on the road. Also, like I posted in another thread, we were down to one non D1 school on the schedule the year before the pandemic hit. The financial hit athletics took from that pandemic makes buying D1 home games unfeasible at this point. Buying D1 games is beneficial for perception and team conference preparation (2 very important aspects in my view), it is not necessarily financially prudent. Paying $60000 to Southern to come here vs $15000 to Loyola of New Orleans will have no impact on attendance. The perception deal is big to me. You can tell your season ticket holders that you are working to reduce the non D1 games and that may carry some weight. We just can't afford it right now. I know that some will say different leadership will result in increased season tickets which may allow us more financial flexibility. When that day occurs, it will be interesting to see if that come theory comes true.

Actually this may have been a great time to schedule Houston. We really struggled with our nonconference this year and with us no longer playing Tulane I imagine Sampson wants to keep a presence in Louisiana as he has recruited the area heavily over his career.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information