Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Podcast: We're Talkin' Ragin Cajuns Football With Chris Lanaux 09-20-22

Default Re: Podcast: We're Talkin' Ragin Cajuns Football With Chris Lanaux 09-20-22

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    You keep going to that mantra but ignore the fact the the ball fell off his fingertips with no effort.

A little effort and it is a catch.
    if you pay attention long enough the agenda of posters is pretty easy to decipher

Default Re: Podcast: We're Talkin' Ragin Cajuns Football With Chris Lanaux 09-20-22

You keep going to that mantra but ignore the fact the the ball fell off his fingertips with no effort.

I agree with GT he could have dove for optics but he did not have a snowball chance in hell at catching that ball as high and how far out in front. 2 ft lower then maybe a chance for a dive. He would have had to spring up and forward all at the same time all while accelerating speed. Very difficult if not impossible. The kid was a state champion in the triple jump and finalist in the long jump in high school. Trust me if he thought he had a shot at it he would have taken it.

Quote Originally Posted by ExecutiveCajun View Post
    if you pay attention long enough the agenda of posters is pretty easy to decipher
    I just read through this thread it looks like he is defending a kid in what was an impossible situation. Is that his agenda?

4. Default Re: Podcast: We're Talkin' Ragin Cajuns Football With Chris Lanaux 09-20-22

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I agree with GT he could have dove for optics but he did not have a snowball chance in hell at catching that ball as high and how far out in front. 2 ft lower then maybe a chance for a dive. He would have had to spring up and forward all at the same time all while accelerating speed. Very difficult if not impossible. The kid was a state champion in the triple jump and finalist in the long jump in high school. Trust me if he thought he had a shot at it he would have taken it.
    Even the neutral announcer said "through the hands."

A little (just a little) effort on this drop and he is better prepared not to drop the ball two plays later, when it really did matter .

I just read through this thread it looks like he is defending a kid in what was an impossible situation. Is that his agenda?
    see

Even the neutral announcer said "through the hands."

A little (just a little) effort on this drop and he is better prepared not to drop the ball two plays later, when it really did matter .
    I have seen that paly live and during the week several times. I don't need some announcer telling me in the moment what I have seen ump teen times.

Post number 6 2nd paragraph might be the best point GT made on this entire thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ExecutiveCajun View Post
    Be careful what you say and who you say it to on RP. Comments that don't fall in line with the agenda will get you muted. You will have instant read-only access. THE agenda IS the agenda. I saw it happen this week after someone commented about repeated "witch hunt" replies from Vic. That guy got toasted instantly.

8. Default Re: Podcast: We're Talkin' Ragin Cajuns Football With Chris Lanaux 09-20-22

Quote Originally Posted by Airden View Post
    Be careful what you say and who you say it to on RP. Comments that don't fall in line with the agenda will get you muted. You will have instant read-only access. THE agenda IS the agenda. I saw it happen this week after someone commented about repeated "which hunt" replies from Vic. That guy got toasted instantly.
    What you talking about Willis . . .

9. Default Re: Podcast: We're Talkin' Ragin Cajuns Football With Chris Lanaux 09-20-22

I have seen that play live and during the week several times. I don't need some announcer telling me in the moment what I have seen ump teen times.

Post number 6 2nd paragraph might be the best point GT made on this entire thread.
    Deflecting to Steven's drops is off topic concerning getting the game off to a good start.

Watch another umpteen times, it did go through his hands because he was not doing much more than going through the motions at the start of the game.

Two of the first three passes went to LeBlanc and he dropped both.

Focus!

10. Default Re: Podcast: We're Talkin' Ragin Cajuns Football With Chris Lanaux 09-20-22

Deflecting to Steven's drops is off topic concerning getting the game off to a good start.

Watch another umpteen times, it did go through his hands because he was not doing much more than going through the motions at the start of the game.

Focus!
    For the umpteenth time . . . he is not buying that

Focus!
    Just watched the play 2 more times to make sure I am seeing it correct and I am. Kid was on a dead sprint with arms fully extended and the ball grazed his finger tips. Dead sprint was the best chance of getting to that ball. Had he changed his stride to jump up and forward it would have slowed him down and he wouldn’t have gotten a finger on it. Unless he has some kind of super powers that allows him to accelerate in the air. He gave himself the best chance to get to it by staying on his feet. It’s just a shame a 10 yard pass wasn’t thrown well enough to hit him in stride.

There is a reason a baseball player running to first don’t jump when he’s close to a bag trying to beat out a throw. I SLOWS YOU DOWN.

I am absolutely right in this conversation and out. Have a blessed weekend Turbine. Thanks for all you do for RP.

12. Default Re: Podcast: We're Talkin' Ragin Cajuns Football With Chris Lanaux 09-20-22

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston Thibodeaux View Post
    Just watched the play 2 more times to make sure I am seeing it correct and I am. Kid was on a dead sprint with arms fully extended and the ball grazed his finger tips. Dead sprint was the best chance of getting to that ball. Had he changed his stride to jump up and forward it would have slowed him down and he wouldn’t have gotten a finger on it. Unless he has some kind of super powers that allows him to accelerate in the air. He gave himself the best chance to get to it by staying on his feet. It’s just a shame a 10 yard pass wasn’t thrown well enough to hit him in stride.

There is a reason a baseball player running to first don’t jump when he’s close to a bag trying to beat out a throw. I SLOWS YOU DOWN.

I am absolutely right in this conversation and out. Have a blessed weekend Turbine. Thanks for all you do for RP.
    Thanks for keeping it civil, I enjoyed talking it over with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Airden View Post
    Be careful what you say and who you say it to on RP. Comments that don't fall in line with the agenda will get you muted. You will have instant read-only access. THE agenda IS the agenda. I saw it happen this week after someone commented about repeated "witch hunt" replies from Vic. That guy got toasted instantly.
    I say what I want and don't have any issues.

The catch you 2 are talking about was uncatchable and irrelevant. The one that hurt was the pass right in his hands over the middle that would have extended that drive.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I say what I want and don't have any issues.
    I've been hit with sanctions several times, and it's why I with there was a viable alternative to this god awful website.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information