Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ULM hate week

Default Re: ULM hate week

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    I agree with Kevin Footes article that said this offense lacks identity. I don’t see a huge offensive out put any time soon until they figure out who they are. Hopefully defense can create some short fields like against EMU. I don’t see long sustained drives at this point.
    That offense doesn’t lack identity at all. It’s obvious the identity is keep everyone happy and don’t hurt any ones feelings. For that reason they play so many skilled guys your first team guys come out after the first series. After a couple of defensive possessions and the next groups they come back in. Heck it takes almost a quarter for them to break a sweat and get into the flow of the game and in sync with the QB. O and speaking of QB by the time that group gets back in its the 3rd series, insert another QB, because we don’t want to hurt the guy who didn’t win the jobs feelings, so you starting all over again getting in sync with the QB. They look like a bunch of individuals that are not on the same page and that’s why. No one can get lathered up settled into the rhythm of the game. So it looks like the ID of the offense is the every one gets a trophy kinda mentality, the mindset that we don’t want to upset anyone.

So here is the obligatory - Suck it Hoax!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston Thibodeaux View Post
    That offense doesn’t lack identity at all. It’s obvious the identity is keep everyone happy and don’t hurt any ones feelings. For that reason they play so many skilled guys your first team guys come out after the first series. After a couple of defensive possessions and the next groups they come back in. Heck it takes almost a quarter for them to break a sweat and get into the flow of the game and in sync with the QB. O and speaking of QB by the time that group gets back in its the 3rd series, insert another QB, because we don’t want to hurt the guy who didn’t win the jobs feelings, so you starting all over again getting in sync with the QB. They look like a bunch of individuals that are not on the same page and that’s why. No one can get lathered up settled into the rhythm of the game. So it looks like the ID of the offense is the every one gets a trophy kinda mentality, the mindset that we don’t want to upset anyone.
    I noticed that as well seems to be a negative in a players coach.

Seems about right.

5. Default Re: ULM hate week

I could not agree more. Great take

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    I watched the ULM Nicholls game. Didn’t bother watching the beat downs. The majority of ULM points came off turnovers are nicholls mistakes. The qb is kinda mobile and throws a lot of quick short routes. Didn’t see any deep threats on the team. Let’s cross our fingers we don’t play zone all night!!! Press man and blitz on 3rd and long every once in a while would be great.
    Why was the ULM / Nicholls game on ESPN3 and not ESPN+. Thought all sunbelt home games were +. For some reason streaming Amazon fire stick through At&T Uverse I can no longer get 3. Has to be sling or hulu or one of those type services.

Anyone get 3 with firestick?

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    We haven't lost to ULM in Monroe since 2004.
    I was at that game. Went up there in my buds lifted '04 Ford F-150 which was installed day before. Stopped at that hardware store that used to be open in between Lafayette Performance and Farrel Calhoun paint shop. Threaded two 3/4" pipes added a 45, nipple and base plate which used the bed's bolts to the frame and flew a black UL (interlocking logo) flag with the lafayette black spray painted out on one pole, and the old school USL Ragin' Cajuns flag (Red flag, white USL w' white Ragin' Cajuns written in angle on top of USL) on the other. I thought we won, maybe that was '05.

Swamp

8. Default Re: ULM hate week

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    I was at that game. Went up there in my buds lifted '04 Ford F-150 which was installed day before. Stopped at that hardware store that used to be open in between Lafayette Performance and Farrel Calhoun paint shop. Threaded two 3/4" pipes added a 45, nipple and base plate which used the bed's bolts to the frame and flew a black UL (interlocking logo) flag with the lafayette black spray painted out on one pole, and the old school USL Ragin' Cajuns flag (Red flag, white USL w' white Ragin' Cajuns written in angle on top of USL) on the other. I thought we won, maybe that was '05.

Swamp
    You won as a representer

Swamp
    02 We got smoked
    04 Was just a miserable performance on offense
    05 Was when Fenroy ran for about 752 yards and 8 touchdowns. Approximately.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    02 We got smoked
    04 Was just a miserable performance on offense
    05 Was when Fenroy ran for about 752 yards and 8 touchdowns. Approximately.
    Yea I remember that 05 game, because Fenroy got a helmet sticker on College Gameday Final I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronCajun View Post
    Yea I remember that 05 game, because Fenroy got a helmet sticker on College Gameday Final I believe.
    I think I remember that too

I think I remember that too
    I think that was 08 when he rushed for 300 yards

Louisiana Re: ULM hate week

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    I think that was 08 when he rushed for 300 yards
    Whenever it was, ol' Fenroy was somethin' else
    Attached Images Attached Images  

He has to hold the school record for breaking tackles.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information