Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10

Thread: MBB Schedule 22-23

Default Re: MBB Schedule 22-23

Don't know where to put this useless bit of info, so I'm choosing this.

Today, Houston Baptist of the Southland Conference announced they have changed their name to Houston Christian University, effective immediately.

HCU travels to Texas State this Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I am interested to see the growth of guys like Kentrell Garnett, Isaiah Richards, Jalen Dalcourt, Michael Thomas and Joe Charles, coupled with the newcoming talent of Chancellor White, Kyran Ratliff and Themus Fulks. I think with the already strong play of Jordan Brown, Greg Williams and Kobe Julien (if healthy and clearly that is always a question mark), this team can be really good this year.
    Another player I am interested in seeing is Jackson State grad transfer Terrance Lewis. He did not go to Puerto Rico because he was wrapping up undergrad studies. He put up some good numbers towards the end of last season. He may play a lot at power forward early if the injury Joe Charles suffered in Puerto Rico causes him to miss some time at the beginning. I don’t know the health status of either Charles or Julien at this stage. I have seen video of both doing conditioning drills recently but not basketball activity.

Just like Louisiana College is now Louisiana Christian. Must be a reason such schools are making a change. Maybe we could play basketball at Houston Christian as part of a trip to get a payday at Houston. Of course we would want a return trip to the CajunDome from Houston Christian.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Just like Louisiana College is now Louisiana Christian. Must be a reason such schools are making a change. Maybe we could play basketball at Houston Christian as part of a trip to get a payday at Houston. Of course we would want a return trip to the CajunDome from Houston Christian.
    The marketing of Protestant churches in the new century. Christian is a “catch all”. Same applies to faith based non major programs.

5. Default Re: MBB Schedule 22-23

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    The marketing of Protestant churches in the new century. Christian is a “catch all”. Same applies to faith based non major programs.
    When you do that, do you go from D3 to D1 or is that in the prayer component of the move?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    When you do that, do you go from D3 to D1 or is that in the prayer component of the move?
    Religious side totally. Look right here in Lafayette, Crossroads, Our Savior’s, Family Life, The Bayou, True Vine, Landmark, and others. No denomination included in name, reduces preconceived opinions and stereotypes.

Quote Originally Posted by ExecutiveCajun View Post
    like the alabama secret scrimmage helped us to finish in 8th place last year? i dont want to kill the messenger on this but sooner or later you have to see these coaches are full of it
    It does not matter at this stage as to what I think of the coach's viewpoints, if, or when I change my thinking of what they believe. Reason for that is the results have to improve significantly this year or a change will be made. Coaches themselves strongly suspect that is the case. Of course they and the players firmly believe they will turn it around. Coaches and players think about things completely different than how fans do. If they thought about the season any other way than with confidence of success, they would already be doomed. One way or another things around here will be more optimistic regarding basketball when mid March rolls around.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10

Thread Information