Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: MBB Schedule 22-23

Default Re: MBB Schedule 22-23

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfever View Post
    Maggard has been involved in creating the basketball schedule for the past several years. It has not improved with his involvement. The football schedule has not improved. Everyone is blaming Marlin but this is on Maggard.
    100% with this. For all the good Maggard has done, Football and Basketball scheduling are not his strong suite. Maybe he should ask Gerry how he does it....

Quote Originally Posted by ExecutiveCajun View Post
    here come the marlin minions
    It's fair to say it could be on both on them equally. Maggard has been stubborn on 2 for 1 deals to get good football and basketball teams here. He certainly hasn't improved the scheduling for basketball as you see this ____ show they just released so.....

Quote Originally Posted by RaginReview View Post
    C'mon man
    Does Maggard have a part in making the schedule? Who decided to keep Marlin?

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    are yall really about to blame maggard for this? marlin been here 3 times longer than bryan

5. Default Re: MBB Schedule 22-23

Two loaded questions . . .

6. Default Re: MBB Schedule 22-23

are yall really about to blame maggard for this? marlin been here 3 times longer than bryan
    It's Marlin's model, Maggard just hasn't done anything to change the model.

You employ someone to do a job. They continually perform below expectations. You continue to employ them. Who’s the failure?

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Is this confirmed? How was it for all these years and is no longer?
    I was told that his last year did not include the auto extension

You employ someone to do a job. They continually perform below expectations. You continue to employ them. Who’s the failure?
    oh no im with you there. but to say the schedule is maggards doing is not correct. only marlin minions from the booster club will come here and blame the ad. they always blame everyone else. its never marlin

oh no im with you there. but to say the schedule is maggards doing is not correct. only marlin minions from the booster club will come here and blame the ad. they always blame everyone else. its never marlin
    The bottom line is this doesn’t continue if Maggard isn’t okay with it.

Marlin’s been bad for years. Our basketball scheduling has been bad for years. This year’s schedule isn’t an anomaly. We keep allowing this to happen.

we cant get drake to make a return trip to the cajundome???
    The Drake game basically paid for the Puerto Rico trip. The only thing that surprised me in the final schedule was Samford at home vs McNeese on road. The game in Lake Charles is postponed a year. That deal along with Samford here allows us to meet the Learfield 14 home game requirement. We also go to Samford next year as that is a home and home deal. I understand the disappointment in having to use 3 non D1 games to get to 14. I share in that frustration. The road games are challenging enough however to prepare the team for conference play in my view.

Maggard has said himself he is in charge of basketball scheduling

ExecutiveCajun--you need to think like an executive. I am an executive in real life, if one of my Vice Presidents weren't doing a good job and I allow it to continue, whose fault is that? Ultimately, I am accountable for the performance of my team. Maggard is responsible for the entire athletic department, if something continues to happen it is because he is allowing it.

Also, he publicly stated several years ago he was going to be more involved in basketball scheduling.

14. Default Re: MBB Schedule 22-23

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Maggard has said himself he is in charge of basketball scheduling
    It appears then that Dr M looked at it and felt it was acceptable. Why is everyone still complaining?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I know their is a ton of disappointment in the home schedule, but a few things. I think the schedule itself is not that bad, if you take the road, home and neutral games in consideration. The Harvard/Elon/ETSU is not terrible tournament, would we like to have a better one, yes, but it is not that bad. Drake, SMU, La Tech, UNO and Texas is a nice mix of peer conference teams and a really good P5 team in Texas. SMU and Tech are solid, I am hoping that we worked with SMU and Drake for return trips, not sure, but would be nice if we did.

I know that we lost I believe 2 home games that would have been decent, not great, but decent home games. #1 was USM's return trip, because they joined the conference we lost them as a home game. I also believe we lost SLU because they had to redo their schedule with the new rebuilt Southland conference schedule and were unable to come to us for that game because of the SLC schedule. That hurt, if you take either Centenary, LCU and/or Loyola out and add back SLU and USM at home the schedule while not great looks a ton better.
    You are correct about The USM and SLU situations. We play USM twice as conference games. SLU ended up having to play more conference games than anticipated due to schools coming back from the WAC. I would not be surprised if SLU comes here in 23-24.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread Information