Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: MBB Schedule 22-23

1. Default Re: MBB Schedule 22-23

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfever View Post
    ExecutiveCajun--you need to think like an executive. I am an executive in real life, if one of my Vice Presidents weren't doing a good job and I allow it to continue, whose fault is that? Ultimately, I am accountable for the performance of my team. Maggard is responsible for the entire athletic department, if something continues to happen it is because he is allowing it.

Also, he publicly stated several years ago he was going to be more involved in basketball scheduling.
    It’s because he is probably more of a custodian in real life than an executive? This is play life.

Default Re: MBB Schedule 22-23

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    The Drake game basically paid for the Puerto Rico trip. The only thing that surprised me in the final schedule was Samford at home vs McNeese on road. The game in Lake Charles is postponed a year. That deal along with Samford here allows us to meet the Learfield 14 home game requirement. We also go to Samford next year as that is a home and home deal. I understand the disappointment in having to use 3 non D1 games to get to 14. I share in that frustration. The road games are challenging enough however to prepare the team for conference play in my view.
    H/H with Samford, McNeese, SLU and can't get deals done with the likes of Drake. Embarrassing.

ExecutiveCajun--you need to think like an executive. I am an executive in real life, if one of my Vice Presidents weren't doing a good job and I allow it to continue, whose fault is that? Ultimately, I am accountable for the performance of my team. Maggard is responsible for the entire athletic department, if something continues to happen it is because he is allowing it.

Also, he publicly stated several years ago he was going to be more involved in basketball scheduling.
    i have been in the room on more than one occasion when doc explained his level of involvement with the mbb schedule. he is more involved than farmer. not hard to do cuz farmer did nothing. marlin has the lion share of responsibility for schedule. well him and murphy. if you want to say its on bryan because he kept in as the coach then thats a talk we can have

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    100% with this. For all the good Maggard has done, Football and Basketball scheduling are not his strong suite. Maybe he should ask Gerry how he does it....
    Gerry has connections.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    You employ someone to do a job. They continually perform below expectations. You continue to employ them. Who’s the failure?
    Whenever the AD wife and Marlins wife are BFF, things tend to change.

Quote Originally Posted by ExecutiveCajun View Post
    i have been in the room on more than one occasion when doc explained his level of involvement with the mbb schedule. he is more involved than farmer. not hard to do cuz farmer did nothing. marlin has the lion share of responsibility for schedule. well him and murphy. if you want to say its on bryan because he kept in as the coach then thats a talk we can have
    Maggard is accountable for this--he is allowing it to happen. Marlin reports directly to him. If he wants Marlin's schedule to be tougher, he can tell Marlin to do this. He has stated he will be more involved and the schedule continues to suck. The accountability is on Maggard because he is allowing it which means he approves this. Football schedule is no different, who is the common denominator--Maggard

Quote Originally Posted by ExecutiveCajun View Post
    Cleaning the locker room and being noisy doesn't count.

8. Default Re: MBB Schedule 22-23

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    It appears then that Dr M looked at it and felt it was acceptable. Why is everyone still complaining?
    I know it's your job to protect the decisions of the admin, but it might accomplish more if you remained silent on this than to endorse 3 games of such low calibre.

9. Default Re: MBB Schedule 22-23

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    You are correct about The USM and SLU situations. We play USM twice as conference games. SLU ended up having to play more conference games than anticipated due to schools coming back from the WAC. I would not be surprised if SLU comes here in 23-24.
    I'm just happy Louisiana finally figured out a way to get a Home-n-home with USM.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I'm just happy Louisiana finally figured out a way to get a Home-n-home with USM.
    LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

11. Default Re: MBB Schedule 22-23

I know it's your job to protect the decisions of the admin, but it might accomplish more if you remained silent on this than to endorse 3 games of such low calibre.
    I’m not endorsing any specific game. In fact I provided that Louisiana College was D3 before the changes to Louisiana Christian last year.

All I’m saying is that if Dr M did what he said he would do and this is the schedule, maybe that is just the best we can do in this total climate.

Maggard is accountable for this--he is allowing it to happen. Marlin reports directly to him. If he wants Marlin's schedule to be tougher, he can tell Marlin to do this. He has stated he will be more involved and the schedule continues to suck. The accountability is on Maggard because he is allowing it which means he approves this. Football schedule is no different, who is the common denominator--Maggard
    another thing marlin minions do is compare basketball to football at every turn. you think this mbb schedule is anything close to fb schedule? i dont see football playing exhibition games in the middle of the season

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    Just expand the league to 20. We would have 1 payday game and the conference schedule.

We had a home and home scheduled with the Golden Eagles before the conference expansion. We went to USM last year. We lost a non- conference home game when the league expanded. Of course that was a minimal price to pay considering the benefit to the league with the expansion. When that deal was agreed to, it was unknown they would be joining the league.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Just expand the league to 20. We would have 1 payday game and the conference schedule.
    We should move to 20 conference games with 14 teams in the league. As it is now, we have one team we won't play. Play everyone in the West once, and 6 of the 7 teams in the East once. Why not play one team in the East twice and rotate that school annually.
    Other schools in the league need more home games as well.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information