Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 142

Thread: MBB Schedule 22-23

  1. Default Re: MBB Schedule 22-23

    Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Me and you have discussed this plenty of times. Marlin has limited contacts. He can't get good teams to come to Lafayette.
    I don't think it's contacts as much as it is NO ONE will come to your place unless it boosts their Strength of SchedULe to play you.

    SchedULe STRONG across the board and opponents will line up at the door waiting to get in.

  2. #62

    Default Re: MBB Schedule 22-23

    Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    That Is no longer in the contract
    Is this confirmed? How was it for all these years and is no longer?

  3. #63

    Default Re: MBB Schedule 22-23

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I don't think it's contacts as much as it is NO ONE will come to your place unless it boosts their Strength of SchedULe to play you.

    SchedULe STRONG across the board and opponents will line up at the door waiting to get in.
    Oh it's contacts. WBB schedule is always weak and the word around the camp fire is LSU WBB team will be playing in the CD sooner rather than later.

  4. Default Re: MBB Schedule 22-23

    Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Oh it's contacts. WBB schedule is always weak and the word around the camp fire is LSU WBB team will be playing in the CD sooner rather than later.
    You could be right. I've got nothing that actually says you are wrong.

  5. #65

    Default Re: MBB Schedule 22-23

    Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Oh it's contacts. WBB schedule is always weak and the word around the camp fire is LSU WBB team will be playing in the CD sooner rather than later.
    That guarantees one game in the CD with more than 500 bodies.

  6. #66

    Default Re: MBB Schedule 22-23

    Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    I appreciate your optimism, but respectfully this is trying to polish a turd. Excuses can be made for home games lost this year, but what about the 3 non-D1 teams we brought in last year? Multiple non-D1s now for 3 straight years. It’s already been stated by Mike somewhere that SMU and Drake are not return trips. We’ve throw in the towel on this program.
    Then that is disappointing that they do not have return trips with SMU and Drake.

  7. Default Re: MBB Schedule 22-23

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Then that is disappointing that they do not have return trips with SMU and Drake.
    I am of the opinion that you can't ask for money and a return trip. One or the other.

    Even in 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 scenarios, one of the away games has to be a no money deal.

  8. #68

    Default Re: MBB Schedule 22-23

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I am of the opinion that you can't ask for money and a return trip. One or the other.

    Even in 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 scenarios, one of the away games has to be a no money deal.
    I understand that, but I was hoping the Drake deal would have been similar to the Pepperdine deal we had a few years ago, where we played a 1 for 1. We need to find similar peer conferences (at a minimum) to come to Lafayette. If I remember correctly we played them in Malibu in 2015 and they returned the trip to Lafayette in 2016. I know that Drake and Pepperdine won't move the needle, but it is much better than Centenary and Loyola for sure. Marlin and staff should have forced the issue, SMU could have been a money game and Drake could have been a return trip.

  9. #69

    Default Re: MBB Schedule 22-23

    Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I understand that, but I was hoping the Drake deal would have been similar to the Pepperdine deal we had a few years ago, where we played a 1 for 1. We need to find similar peer conferences (at a minimum) to come to Lafayette. If I remember correctly we played them in Malibu in 2015 and they returned the trip to Lafayette in 2016. I know that Drake and Pepperdine won't move the needle, but it is much better than Centenary and Loyola for sure. Marlin and staff should have forced the issue, SMU could have been a money game and Drake could have been a return trip.
    Maggard has been involved in creating the basketball schedule for the past several years. It has not improved with his involvement. The football schedule has not improved. Everyone is blaming Marlin but this is on Maggard.

  10. #70

    Default Re: MBB Schedule 22-23

    Would rather have hosted LSUE


  11. #71

    Default Re: MBB Schedule 22-23

    Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Would rather have hosted LSUE
    Standards too high.

  12. #72

    Default Re: MBB Schedule 22-23

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfever View Post
    Maggard has been involved in creating the basketball schedule for the past several years. It has not improved with his involvement. The football schedule has not improved. Everyone is blaming Marlin but this is on Maggard.
    C'mon man

  13. #73

    Default Re: MBB Schedule 22-23

    Big Fish and Maggard both have different motivation to schedule this garbage OOC games.

    For Big Fish it’s easy wins to pad his bank account. For Maggard it’s a renege on the standard he claims for UL.

    Bad coach, bad schedule equals three games in March. It’s now a much tougher get.


  14. #74

    Default Re: MBB Schedule 22-23

    Got to get that winning percentage up to 77%!


  15. #75

    Default Re: MBB Schedule 22-23

    Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfever View Post
    Maggard has been involved in creating the basketball schedule for the past several years. It has not improved with his involvement. The football schedule has not improved. Everyone is blaming Marlin but this is on Maggard.
    here come the marlin minions

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. TV schedule
    By IHateLaState in forum Ragin Roadies & Game Prep
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 23rd, 2015, 04:17 pm
  2. Looking at AU schedule
    By fpc4life99 in forum Ragin Roadies & Game Prep
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: May 23rd, 2014, 09:44 am
  3. Schedule the Big 10
    By MetryCajun in forum Ragin Roadies & Game Prep
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: January 5th, 2012, 05:43 pm
  4. How about this schedule?
    By CajunNation in forum Ragin Roadies & Game Prep
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: July 20th, 2008, 10:36 am
  5. LSU A&M Schedule
    By lxa656 in forum Ragin Roadies & Game Prep
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: March 24th, 2005, 10:03 am

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •