Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: MBB Schedule 22-23

1. Default Re: MBB Schedule 22-23

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    With his automatic renewal kick in clause it won't matter and it won't change his overall body of work. This program needs an injection of youth and energy.
    Then we could be sued for age discrimination.

Default Re: MBB Schedule 22-23

ticket deadline of 9/1 then they drop this load of crap in the laps of season ticket holders. money for a vacation trip to puerto rico but no money to reward fans in the cd.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    the 2022-23 men's basketball non-con slate

11/7 v Centenary
    11/11 Harvard*
    11/13 Elon/ETSU*
    11/17 v LA Tech
    11/22 at SMU
    11/26 at Drake
    11/29 vs Loyola (NOLA)
    12/3 at UNO
    12/10 v Samford
    12/12 v LA Christian
    12/21 at Texas
    3 non-D1's? Is this a joke?

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    3 non D-1s, Tech and Samford for an OOC home slate. Excitement abounds. Get my nitro Elizabeth, it's the bid one! Well, at least no McLeast.

There is absolutely nothing in the OOC schedule that moves the needle nationally. Nothing.

Y’all seriously don’t get it. We won 27 games 5 years ago. Our coach has a 75% winning percentage and is the winningest coach in Sun Belt history. Teams are NOT gonna agree to road games with a program of that caliber. This is the price of success. I’m happy to pay.

Gotta call it when we see it. That's a really bad home non-conference schedule. Two NAIA teams, D3 team, CUSA team, & SOCON team.

Quote Originally Posted by ExecutiveCajun View Post
    ticket deadline of 9/1 then they drop this load of crap in the laps of season ticket holders. money for a vacation trip to puerto rico but no money to reward fans in the cd.
    After seeing the constant barrage of excuses over the last 5 years to justify underachievement as well as seeing this home schedule (THREEEEEE NON-D1'S), I'll go in the direction of the shark tank looking at a bad offer.....

I'm out. Done. Not going to enable this bastion of Mediocrity.

Let me know when we start caring again, and maybe I'll start to care.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Gotta call it when we see it. That's a really bad home non-conference schedule. Two NAIA teams, D3 team, CUSA team, & SOCON team.
    Gosh, outside of volleyball, this fall has has various degrees of disappointment. We look like little sisters of the poor when it comes to scheduling in multiple sports.

This MBB home OOC is not acceptable. No wonder nobody had an inkling of what was coming.

It will take new young blood coaching with a level of national recognition to jump start the program.

After seeing the constant barrage of excuses over the last 5 years to justify underachievement as well as seeing this home schedule (THREEEEEE NON-D1'S), I'll go in the direction of the shark tank looking at a bad offer.....

I'm out. Done. Not going to enable this bastion of Mediocrity.

Let me know when we start caring again, and maybe I'll start to care.
    Me and you have discussed this plenty of times. Marlin has limited contacts. He can't get good teams to come to Lafayette.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Me and you have discussed this plenty of times. Marlin has limited contacts. He can't get good teams to come to Lafayette.
    It’s not a lack of contacts. They are scared to play him and for good reason. All time conference win leaders don’t grow on trees.

the 2022-23 men's basketball non-con slate

11/7 v Centenary
    11/11 Harvard*
    11/13 Elon/ETSU*
    11/17 v LA Tech
    11/22 at SMU
    11/26 at Drake
    11/29 vs Loyola (NOLA)
    12/3 at UNO
    12/10 v Samford
    12/12 v LA Christian
    12/21 at Texas
    I know their is a ton of disappointment in the home schedule, but a few things. I think the schedule itself is not that bad, if you take the road, home and neutral games in consideration. The Harvard/Elon/ETSU is not terrible tournament, would we like to have a better one, yes, but it is not that bad. Drake, SMU, La Tech, UNO and Texas is a nice mix of peer conference teams and a really good P5 team in Texas. SMU and Tech are solid, I am hoping that we worked with SMU and Drake for return trips, not sure, but would be nice if we did.

I know that we lost I believe 2 home games that would have been decent, not great, but decent home games. #1 was USM's return trip, because they joined the conference we lost them as a home game. I also believe we lost SLU because they had to redo their schedule with the new rebuilt Southland conference schedule and were unable to come to us for that game because of the SLC schedule. That hurt, if you take either Centenary, LCU and/or Loyola out and add back SLU and USM at home the schedule while not great looks a ton better.

I think most High schools in the state could beat Centenary lol

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I know their is a ton of disappointment in the home schedule, but a few things. I think the schedule itself is not that bad, if you take the road, home and neutral games in consideration. The Harvard/Elon/ETSU is not terrible tournament, would we like to have a better one, yes, but it is not that bad. Drake, SMU, La Tech, UNO and Texas is a nice mix of peer conference teams and a really good P5 team in Texas. SMU and Tech are solid, I am hoping that we worked with SMU and Drake for return trips, not sure, but would be nice if we did.

I know that we lost I believe 2 home games that would have been decent, not great, but decent home games. #1 was USM's return trip, because they joined the conference we lost them as a home game. I also believe we lost SLU because they had to redo their schedule with the new rebuilt Southland conference schedule and were unable to come to us for that game because of the SLC schedule. That hurt, if you take either Centenary, LCU and/or Loyola out and add back SLU and USM at home the schedule while not great looks a ton better.
    I appreciate your optimism, but respectfully this is trying to polish a turd. Excuses can be made for home games lost this year, but what about the 3 non-D1 teams we brought in last year? Multiple non-D1s now for 3 straight years. It’s already been stated by Mike somewhere that SMU and Drake are not return trips. We’ve throw in the towel on this program.

I'm extremely disappointed we could not get Belhaven on the schedule.

I'm extremely disappointed we could not get Belhaven on the schedule.
    Especially since the Cajuns schedule a lot of lower tier D2 and D3 schools. Marlin must not have that connection.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information