Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Advertisements on Ragin Pagin

1. Default Advertisements on Ragin Pagin

Hello... new to the page (kinda). What is up with all of the popup ads, banner ads, etc in between every post? Is there a way to go ad free?

2. Default Re: Advertisements on Ragin Pagin

Quote Originally Posted by KjunFan View Post
    Hello... new to the page (kinda). What is up with all of the popup ads, banner ads, etc in between every post? Is there a way to go ad free?
    They only appear for those whose hemorrhoids are flaring.

3. Default Re: Advertisements on Ragin Pagin

Hilarious.....

Default Re: Advertisements on Ragin Pagin

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    They only appear for those whose hemorrhoids are flaring.
    And in between the ads you have to read Vic's posts which are nothing but flaring hemorrhoids.

5. Default Re: Advertisements on Ragin Pagin

I'm not touching that one. I got in trouble for a quick joke already... lol

Quote Originally Posted by KjunFan View Post
    I use Firefox on desktop and Brave on mobile, and I rarely (if ever) see any adds.

Duck duck go

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Duck duck go

Duck duck no. Have two step sons, both deep in the IT business world. Both say stay away from DDG.

9. Default Re: Advertisements on Ragin Pagin

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Duck duck no. Have two step sons, both deep in the IT business world. Both say stay away from DDG.
    That and BWK and you should be in great shape. Quack Quack

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Advertisements on Ragin Pagin

Duck Duck Go works fine for me on computer and phone.

Never said it works bad.

12. Default Re: Advertisements on Ragin Pagin

I.T. guys don't like DDG because they promised not to track your movements but there was a catch.

They had a secret agreement with Microsoft that when the hand off to Microsoft they shared your last info to Microsoft.

Something along those lines.

In May 2022, a report from Bleeping Computer by security researcher Zach Edwards found that DuckDuckGo's web browser allows Microsoft's trackers to continue running while visiting non-DuckDuckGo websites, contrary to Google and Facebook trackers, which are blocked. In response, Weinberg said that "this issue is occurring on browsers and only pertains to non-DuckDuckGo websites.", adding that "When you load our search results, you are completely anonymous, including ads", and that "Unfortunately our Microsoft search syndication agreement prevent us from doing more to Microsoft-owned properties. However, we have been continually pushing and expect to be doing more soon.", adding that "What we're talking about here is an above-and-beyond protection that most browsers don't even attempt to do — that is, blocking third-party tracking scripts before they load on 3rd party websites. Because we're doing this where we can, users are still getting significantly more privacy protection with DuckDuckGo than they would using Safari, Firefox and other browsers."

Being able to read Ragin Pagin ad-free requires being a Premium Member.

Since Turbine is a busy man, he’s outsourced those contracts to me. Shoot me over all your bank account information, and I’ll get you set up. Once the payment is confirmed, you’ll be able to log into RP and enjoy free of ads within 24 to 48 hours.

Additional added benefits will be a special insider UL athletics newsletter subscription where you will be THE first to know the best kept secrets regarding Ragin Cajun athletics.

Black and yellow spinner or a white jig?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information