Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2022-09-19 CMD Presser - courtesy of ESPN Lafayette

Tickets 2022-09-19 CMD Presser - courtesy of ESPN Lafayette

https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1nAJErvNXZbxL

Scott posted the presser (linked above). Some worthwhile tidbits I heard:

CMD and staff will double down and keep doing what they're doing instead of hitting panic button

Kibodi out for a few weeks with a lower leg injury

On Chandler/QB1 status: you don't win a job or lose a job on one game. Chandler won QB1 over a long period of time

2. Default Re: 2022-09-19 CMD Presser - courtesy of ESPN Lafayette

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post

On Chandler/QB1 status: you don't win a job or lose a job on one game. Chandler won QB1 over a long period of time
    I totally agree with that, but I thought the decision came down to game week, week one, which normally means it could have gone either way.

Default Re: 2022-09-19 CMD Presser - courtesy of ESPN Lafayette

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I totally agree with that, but I thought the decision came down to game week, week one, which normally means it could have gone either way.
    Agreed. I also found it odd Ben got to close the game out against Rice (with 3 consecutive series). I understand coach's logic that he wants Ben to get reps in the event of injury, but what we're seeing on the field isn't matching what he's selling us. You get your QB depth experience at practice, it's not a position you can afford to give gametime reps to backups especially when you're trying to find your offensive identity.

Coach Des was much better with the "you know" s. He certainly improved that quickly.

5. Default Re: 2022-09-19 CMD Presser - courtesy of ESPN Lafayette

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Coach Des was much better with the "you know" s. He certainly improved that quickly.
    That’s really not important. What’s important is how he’s communicating with his players and recruiting. That’s never been an issue in his past.

Can’t recall a recruit saying I was going to UL, but you know!!!!!

6. Default Re: 2022-09-19 CMD Presser - courtesy of ESPN Lafayette

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    They are certainly in there but his "you know" delivery is much quicker and less noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    That’s really not important. What’s important is how he’s communicating with his players and recruiting. That’s never been an issue in his past.

Not everything mentioned has high importance and applies the way YOU think it does.

8. Default Re: 2022-09-19 CMD Presser - courtesy of ESPN Lafayette

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post

I have a friend who starts his conversations with "you know what I mean?"

Not really.

9. Default Re: 2022-09-19 CMD Presser - courtesy of ESPN Lafayette

It is pretty comical the lengths some posters will go through to validate or invalidate the decision of CMD that CF is the starter and will continue to be the starter for now.

CMD is the HC and he along with his assistants will determine QB play based upon their extensive observations as to what, when and who will play in real time to give us the best chances to win. Best chances to win . . . I truly believe that has always been the standard and will always be the standard going forward.

Best chances to win was the standard for Napier the last three years in his decision to play Levi and it will be the standard for CMD as to who will get what playing time now and forward.

Remember, many of you were here week in and week out demanding that Levi be benched for Fields and now you are not satisfied with Fields . . . Go figure.

10. Default Re: 2022-09-19 CMD Presser - courtesy of ESPN Lafayette

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    It is pretty comical the lengths some posters will go through to validate or invalidate the decision of CMD that CF is the starter and will continue to be the starter for now.

CMD is the HC and he along with his assistants will determine QB play based upon their extensive observations as to what, when and who will play in real time to give us the best chances to win. Best chances to win . . . I truly believe that has always been the standard and will always be the standard going forward.

Best chances to win was the standard for Napier the last three years in his decision to play Levi and it will be the standard for CMD as to who will get what playing time now and forward.

Remember, many of you were here week in and week out demanding that Levi be benched for Fields and now you are not satisfied with Fields . . . Go figure.
    Can't argue with Napier's results and Desormeaux deserves time.

But and however true sports fans bring a philosophy to the table that deserves to be heard and discussed. That does not mean it should ever swerve the head coaches thinking whose philosophy rules the season.

If anyone thinks sports is a movie with a pre-written script that shouldn't be scrutinized, perhaps they might want to go watch marbles roll down a Hot Wheels track.

11. Default Re: 2022-09-19 CMD Presser - courtesy of ESPN Lafayette

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Can't argue with Napier's results and Desormeaux deserves time.

But and however true sports fans bring a philosophy to the table that deserves to be heard and discussed. That does not mean it should ever swerve the head coaches thinking whose philosophy rules the season.

If anyone thinks sports is a movie with a pre-written script that shouldn't be scrutinized, perhaps they might want to go watch marbles roll down a Hot Wheels track.
    Are you trying to bring orange back into the picture?

I am not pro-Chandler or pro-Ben. I'm just of the mind that whoever won the QB job stays in at QB until they are unable to physically or they lose their job. I also agree with CMD that you don't lose your job because of one game. If Chandler or Ben went into Rice and played the entire game and stunk it up, I would not be coming here demanding a change be made. Not saying others wouldn't.

13. Default Re: 2022-09-19 CMD Presser - courtesy of ESPN Lafayette

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Are you trying to bring orange back into the picture?
    There's a oRANGE of philosophies out there.

Makes sports fun

I am not pro-Chandler or pro-Ben. I'm just of the mind that whoever won the QB job stays in at QB until they are unable to physically or they lose their job. I also agree with CMD that you don't lose your job because of one game. If Chandler or Ben went into Rice and played the entire game and stunk it up, I would not be coming here demanding a change be made. Not saying others wouldn't.
    You can do things with the play calling to minimize a bad OL. Quick slants, bubble screens & jet sweep. Trying to slam the rock up the middle and throwing deep go routes is not the answer. Saying we will double down on what has not worked 9 of the last 12 quarters is bold

Kibodi out for a few weeks with a lower leg injury
    This concerns me more than anything. Kibodi is much more a toting carrier back than Smith.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information