Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2022-09-19 CMD Presser - courtesy of ESPN Lafayette

Default Re: 2022-09-19 CMD Presser - courtesy of ESPN Lafayette

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    You can do things with the play calling to minimize a bad OL. Quick slants, bubble screens & jet sweep. Trying to slam the rock up the middle and throwing deep go routes is not the answer. Saying we will double down on what has not worked 9 of the last 12 quarters is bold
    I think he was referring to how they prepare vs game philosophy. They did try some of your suggestions on Saturday. Not very effective with them due to either drops, poor throws, or blocks not being effective. Granted they should try more of them. I also think you take 3 points when you can get them when OL is struggling.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Agreed. I also found it odd Ben got to close the game out against Rice (with 3 consecutive series). I understand coach's logic that he wants Ben to get reps in the event of injury, but what we're seeing on the field isn't matching what he's selling us. You get your QB depth experience at practice, it's not a position you can afford to give gametime reps to backups especially when you're trying to find your offensive identity.
    Simple. He mentioned that Chandler was struggling at that particular moment in the game and he went with Ben who was playing better. That scenario could be totally flipped in the next game. Go with the hot hand.

Just a reminder Billy was 7-7 in his first year. Des needs time to carve out his plan. I think this team should have at least 9 wins based on talent but right now I don’t know if we win 6.

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    Just a reminder Billy was 7-7 in his first year. Des needs time to carve out his plan. I think this team should have at least 9 wins based on talent but right now I don’t know if we win 6.
    We watching the same team? This team is lacking talent in a few areas, namely the offensive line. 6-6 is a likely scenario

This team has more defensive talent in than when Billy got here…. It has less Oline talent because of depth…a smidge better QB talent…. Better receiver talent… less RB talent…. So there are pros and cons… simply we need to trust the process…. If Dez can’t win consistent after 3 years he will most likely be replaced…Give him his chance and let’s see what happens.

Expectations is conference championship every year.

If we get out of the soft zone on defense and try to stretch the field early and establish the run we will win plenty. I don’t think either of our lines got dominated against rice. Not saying we won’t struggle there later, but it wasn’t the biggest problem.

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    Expectations is conference championship every year.
    And beating ULM every season in football.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    And beating ULM every season in football.
    True at a minimum

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    If we get out of the soft zone on defense and try to stretch the field early and establish the run we will win plenty. I don’t think either of our lines got dominated against rice. Not saying we won’t struggle there later, but it wasn’t the biggest problem.
    Our O line got handled by Rice’s D line. The rice defensive front lived a yard in the offensive back field all night.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Our O line got handled by Rice’s D line. The rice defensive front lived a yard in the offensive back field all night.
    Yeah. We needed to throw the ball to back rice off. Never happened. Line can’t block 8 in the box.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information