Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2021 Player Departures

Default Re: Departures

Quote Originally Posted by KjunFan View Post
    What is it with the obsession of reading FaceBook? I guess Ragin Pagin is the only place fans can voice their opinions without getting bashed by other social networks? Get over yourself.
    Hilarious...

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    There are bad games and then there are BAD games. Bad games are when you make mistakes here and there that cost you a close game against an inferior opponent (like RR pod said: against the 10th picked team in CUSA). BAD games are when you get man-handled for four quarters against the 10th picked team in CUSA with no response.

Sorry, maybe by Wednesday I'll start to be positive again. Hard to watch that game as a Cajuns fan and not get worried the good times are over and the bad times are back. As a fan it's ok to feel this way. I look forward to the coaches and players bouncing back in a major way.
    "Bad games are when you make mistakes here and there that cost you a close game against an inferior opponent (like RR pod said: against the 10th picked team in CUSA)". If there were mistakes made, it wasn't the players, but the coaches, with play calling and defensive alignments. Rice receivers, especially McCaffrey, had a field day against our defense with no apparent adjustments made. Despite our poor play, the game was winnable going into the 4th quarter. The last quarter was horrendous. Seems like every time we got them in 3rd & long, they found a receiver wide open, usually over the middle to continue their drive. Defensive backs looked lost and were shrugging their shoulders like what are we doing. A lot to learn and correct from this experience.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I am starting to feel pretty good about the assumption that all the players who transferred between last year and this year would have transferred whether Des, Napier or Sabin was the coach for the Cajuns.

That assumption being correct, I believe we would still be 2 and 1 today with Napier at the helm or Des at the helm.

Change always provides difficulties. Let’s see what happens from here on out. Have faith in the cULture. We will be ok.
    Thank you! Nice post!

I just hope we beat the brakes off hoax.

Default Re: 2021 Player Departures

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I am starting to feel pretty good about the assumption that all the players who transferred between last year and this year would have transferred whether Des, Napier or Sabin was the coach for the Cajuns.

That assumption being correct, I believe we would still be 2 and 1 today with Napier at the helm or Des at the helm.

Change always provides difficulties. Let’s see what happens from here on out. Have faith in the cULture. We will be ok.
    If Napier is here and his RB coach Jabari is still here Montrell is still here also.

I think if Napier was coaching that same team from January until today we would have beaten rice by a TD or 2. Just my opinion.

6. Default Re: 2021 Player Departures

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    If Napier is here and his RB coach Jabari is still here Montrell is still here also.

I think if Napier was coaching that same team from January until today we would have beaten rice by a TD or 2. Just my opinion.
    Everybody is entitled to an opinion but not to certainty.

For all the bashing on the other thread about this game of we terrible, fire the coach, the good days are over….i think those people need to pump the breaks. Its 1 loss. The real defining characteristics of how good your team or program is how do you bounce back. Do you let that bad game beat you twice or do you turn the page and move on. As bad as some people think we are after the loss…it could get ugly and just beat the heck out of Monroe and get back on the right track

As far as Facebook, pay attention who runs the page. Most are controlled by an athletic department employee. Doesn’t take a Mensa card to figure sunshine pumping abounds, no negativity allowed. That’s a common thing amongst all university controlled booster pages, regardless of university.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    There are bad games and then there are BAD games. Bad games are when you make mistakes here and there that cost you a close game against an inferior opponent (like RR pod said: against the 10th picked team in CUSA). BAD games are when you get man-handled for four quarters against the 10th picked team in CUSA with no response.

Sorry, maybe by Wednesday I'll start to be positive again. Hard to watch that game as a Cajuns fan and not get worried the good times are over and the bad times are back. As a fan it's ok to feel this way. I look forward to the coaches and players bouncing back in a major way.
    you are too good of a poster to have this view. im surprised by this.
    should we be happy about what we saw saturday? not at all
    does mike and his staff deserve the same opportunity to succeed that we gave the previous staff? he deserves that at minimum and probably even more
    how quickly we forget

Is it at all possible the 10th pick in cusa this year is much better than expected? There qb started his second game for Rice and had his second really good game. I am dissapointed in the loss but expect us to rebound this weekend. We need to win against ulm, a blowout is just silly at this stage. Let this team, and coaches, grow together; well the fans could also!

Some of you have really good attitudes on here; the sky is not falling. There were a few other teams that lost this past weekend. Let's back off the ledge and watch our team rebound.

GEAUX CAJUNS!

Quote Originally Posted by ExecutiveCajun View Post
    you are too good of a poster to have this view. im surprised by this.
    should we be happy about what we saw saturday? not at all
    does mike and his staff deserve the same opportunity to succeed that we gave the previous staff? he deserves that at minimum and probably even more
    how quickly we forget
    It's not Wednesday yet. I'm just a fan of historically mediocre teams (Saints/Cajuns). Both are dealing with precarious transitions, part of which makes sports fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Not to many things I would trade a 15 game winning streak for.

ps I may never see another.
    The four stars aligned for a good while for us…talent, depth, health and luck.

How’s Marshall feeling?? Beat Notre dame then lose to BGSU. I thought BG was one of he worst D1 teams in the country.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information