Page 48 of 53 FirstFirst ... 38 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast

Thread: G3 Final: Louisiana 21, Rice 33

Default Re: Team Discipline and Fundamentals

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    I’ve seen every game twice once live and once on replay. One thing that jumps out is this team is not close to being as discipline or as fundamentally sound as teams in the past. In years past Napier he had a strict rule we don’t talk to our opponents. In the last 3 games there has been more chirping with the opponent than Napier’s years combined. Not to mention that we had a player Saturday who was on the sideline, not in a game, take kick at a player on the ground and get ejected, and another get a personal foul for taking a swing at the opponent and he was very lucky he wasn’t ejected also. This would have never happened in Napier’s years because of the discipline he instilled into his players.

As far as fundamentals we have played maybe 3 good quarters out of the 3 games. Guys are constantly out of position or making bone head mistakes. O line has been atrocious. Rices front lived a yard deep in the Cajuns back field all night. It will be hard to beat anyone with O line play like that.

Not sure how much of either will get fixed this year. Both are issues you start building on in the off-season program, from January through training camp. Definitely that is where the discipline of your football team is instilled. We heard from players coming out of spring that CMD was much easier on them than CBN and that things were more laid back. Coincidence? Maybe. IMO it’s hard to be easygoing and laidback and have the discipline and intensity that Billy brought at the same time.
    Agree 100%. Some people on here suggested the changes made to fall camp was about where one sleeps. No. The reason fall camp was the way Billy and Hud had it is because it creates a regime of discipline, a mind set that develops toughness. I have seen exactly what you are seeing and don’t think for a second it is not directly related to camp changes and other off season leniencies.

2. Default Re: Team Discipline and Fundamentals

This thread is nothing but an old fashion witch hunt.

3. Default Re: The Streak is Gone… So is Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by ExecutiveCajun View Post
    the team loses one game and people already threatening to pull season tickets. between the geniuses here and on that facebook page maybe were better off without fans. some pretty stupid stuff out there
    One loss, but three consecutive poorly played games. Not a reason to quit for a fan for sure. Still the Cajuns aren’t providing very much fun for money spent. Yeah, money is important to some, and enjoyment to virtually everyone.

This thread is “spot on” as Napier would say. Our team’s discipline and accountability is lacking. The team’s “identity” should have been formed in the spring, but they look lost on the field (out of position) and sidelines (not engaged). This is on the coaches for being too easy on the guys in the spring, fall, and now. Our team last year would’ve never taped out in the forth quarter. Even in the loss to Texas, the 2021 team showed fight. We need consistency!

The Rice game should’ve been won in preparation before you step on the field. Once it’s game time, you have fun and execute a well coached game plan with adjustments as necessary.

Watching the replay is almost worse then being there. 3rd quarter they didn’t call rice for intentional grounding on their first drive which was obvious and would have cost them 12 yards and a loss of down. They probably don’t score a TD. Then the 4th down play they call holding on lumpkin. That’s was BS. He had great position and pancaked the DE. Those 2 plays could have been the difference.
    And if no one noticed. The rice player kicked one of the Cajuns on the sideline before 15 kicked him back.

And of course everyone saw the fingers in the stink hole. Anybody know if that kids getting suspended for that?

6. Default Re: Team Discipline and Fundamentals

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Watching the replay is almost worse then being there. 3rd quarter they didn’t call rice for intentional grounding on their first drive which was obvious and would have cost them 12 yards and a loss of down. They probably don’t score a TD. Then the 4th down play they call holding on lumpkin. That’s was BS. He had great position and pancaked the DE. Those 2 plays could have been the difference.
    And if no one noticed. The rice player kicked one of the Cajuns on the sideline before 15 kicked him back.

And of course everyone saw the fingers in the stink hole. Anybody know if that kids getting suspended for that?
    After reading this post, it is even more obvious this thread is nothing but a witch hunt on Des. Really ashame.

Wth are you ever talking about. This post has nothing to do with Des

8. Default Re: Team Discipline and Fundamentals

Wth are you ever talking about. This post has nothing to do with Des
    I support your post. I said the thread is nothing but a witch hunt on Des.

You said “after reading this post” replying to my post.

Should I have posted my comment in a different thread??

10. Default Re: Team Discipline and Fundamentals

No, it shows the real reason we lost. These other guys just want to start crap about Des.

So now coaches can't be criticized or questioned? I don't see any witch hunt.

Actually, that player has now come out and signed an NIL deal with the makers if "Fist It"

13. Default Re: Team Discipline and Fundamentals

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    So now coaches can't be criticized or questioned? I don't see any witch hunt.
    Yes they most certainly can, but this group was just laying in wait to complain again about not making all players camp under the same roof at night for spring camp.

This has been played over, over, over, over and over again. It is unnecessary now other than to start a witch hunt?

Default Re: G3 Final: Louisiana 21, Rice 33

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Like I said it’s a feeling. You don’t know what the future holds. We are going into game 4.

Were you at the rice game? Did you see the sideline interaction? Did you realize that Ben was chosen to run the team at the end of the game and not take every 3rd series?

You’re so quick to want to tell everyone they are wrong and that you are the one to know everything. Through 3 games now the offense has flowed better with Ben at QB. Like I said I think by the end of the year he will be getting the majority of the snaps.

Until that does or doesn’t happen you can go somewhere else with the BS. You can’t say my feeling wasn’t correct when I said “eventually he would start to get the majority of the snaps” but then again you probably know the future since you already know most people before they were born Mr. All knowing omnipotent one!
    You said he would be the starter going forward. Don't twist what you said. Post #651 will remind you of your words.

Witch hunt is a bit hyperbolic nowadays, considering the origin of the phrase.

All I see are fans trying to apply reasons (more lax administrative approach) to perceived outcomes (lack of discipline during games).

That’s not an observation I have made, but I’d hardly classify it as a witch hunt.

The only poster I have seen actually use Coach Dez and fire in the same sentence on this site has been JMV.

Page 48 of 53 FirstFirst ... 38 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast

Thread Information