Page 45 of 53 FirstFirst . 35 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 . LastLast

Thread: G3 Final: Louisiana 21, Rice 33

Default Re: The Streak is Gone… So is Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by KjunFan View Post
    So now we wait for an October 1st Homecoming game against South Alabama. After this evening’s performance, I don’t see 12,000 at Cajun Field.
    Why don't you go hang out on the Ragin Cajun Facebook page with the rest of the idiots who post there

Default Re: G3 Final: Louisiana 21, Rice 33

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    We made 1 more in the portal and that was a back up OL . They clearly liked what they saw in spring or failed to evaluate properly.
    Or they didn’t like the available options in the portal. I’d not know. You don’t either.

3. Default Re: G3 Final: Louisiana 21, Rice 33

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    Or they didn’t like the available options in the portal. I’d not know. You don’t either.
    You are jousting with the poster who lacks objectivity more than any other poster in the history of sports message boards.

Default Re: The Streak is Gone… So is Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    I really don't understand please help me. I watched the game I didn't get excited (nothing to be excited about). I am very disappointed and really don't know what my expectations were coming into the year. I didn't care for the coaching hire not because of CMD but because I felt we were shortchanging the program to save a few dollars. I didn't like the choice of starting QB. I say all that to say this I am a fan my emotions are like being on a roller coaster. I am a Cajun fan with all my dislikes I buy extra season tickets to bring new people, I support multiple sports, I travel to some away games and will never give up on the team. My verbal communications will never equal my actions. I just hope most of you are the same way. Say what you want but never stop supporting our Cajuns.

Well said.

1,200 guys in the portal odds seem low that would be the case.

He also inherited an o-line with 2 future nfl players and 2 running backs that went on to NFL. Also had arguably the 3rd best QB in UL history waiting in the wings. Credit to Napier, he recruited some talent that made an impact pretty quickly.
    I'm talking about what he would have coming back at UL if he stayed. I think the same line Des has plus the lineman he took to Florida. I thought this was not supposed to be a rebuilding year with linemen, that we had depth and were reloading.

From a money standpoint, we were going to pay Napier $2M and saved on that paying Des $750K, we got $3M from Florida for Napier and should make at least $1.25M for the Florida State game.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Double hearsay. That is not even admissible in a kangaroo court.

Woolridge should be the starter. Not because Fields is bad but because we have no run game or o-line. Our best chance is to get the ball out quick. From what I've seen Fields has issues with that because he needs a clear line of vision to deliver passes. Rolling out an undersized qb worked with Lewis because we had good o-line and running backs and he could make plays with his legs. Now neither Fields or Woolridge are as talented as Lewis running the ball but if we're not going to go with the dual-threat, which we've had the most success with, our best bet is to go with quick passes.

9. Default Re: G3 Final: Louisiana 21, Rice 33

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    I'm talking about what he would have coming back at UL if he stayed. I think the same line Des has plus the lineman he took to Florida. I thought this was not supposed to be a rebuilding year with linemen, that we had depth and were reloading.

From a money standpoint, we were going to pay Napier $2M and saved on that paying Des $750K, we got $3M from Florida for Napier and should make at least $1.25M for the Florida State game.
    As a betting man, I would bet that Napier would have lost the lion’s share of what we lost even if he stayed at Louisiana. Those guys left for things we can’t offer here and it wasn’t Napier. If you believe otherwise, you are letting naivety set in.

10. Default Re: G3 Final: Louisiana 21, Rice 33

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    Every athletic department experienced COVID, how is UL athletics so under funded and needing to make significant cuts? It’s negatively affecting our soccer, basketball, and now football programs. We also have subpar service from game management, RCAF, and marketing. Our academics seems to secure funding to succeed. What can athletics, the front porch of the university, do to win at a national level too?
    Academics is getting grants; I wonder if Athletics can tap into government grants and call it research.

11. Default Re: G3 Final: Louisiana 21, Rice 33

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Academics is getting grants; I wonder if Athletics can tap into government grants and call it research.
    The issue is time. Once you have fulfilled the time requirements in class for full time students (attend class, home work, study hall, tests, etc), then requirements for athletes in their respective sports (weight room, practices, team meetings, film sessions, games, travel for out of town games), personal time (family, partying, girl friends/boy friends) there realistically is no more time left over to fulfill government grants and research requirements . . .

Default Re: Player ejection

It is one loss. We will find out quickly if Coach Des is the man for the job this weekend vs ULM. Cannot lose that one.

14. Default Re: G3 Final: Louisiana 21, Rice 33

Not sure we really need to find out anything quickly other than that the man in charge is making adjustments with what he has to work with.

All are still learning what he has to work with as we are only three games in . . .

Football is a marathon, not a sprint.

I promise you Lannister knows.

Page 45 of 53 FirstFirst . 35 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 . LastLast

Thread Information