Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Realistic Game Day Expectations?

Default Re: Casual fans realistic expectations?

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Why do you spend money on football? Mine is the product on the field. I would say admin is doing pretty good.
    You get that. I get that. Sidewalk fans sometimes don’t get that.

Just some personal observations, With may be a question or two thrown in

Aside from my season tickets, I really make a minimal investment to the RCAF and M able to park at Cajun Field. Last week my wife was working and our daughter wanted to come with our granddaughter so I rode in with her. We parked across Congress as my wife had the parking pass.

We parked, loaded up a wagon with tailgating supplies made the walk to Cajun dome Boulevard, Crossed Congress (almost got hit by a truck driven by a Leo when we were told by the little bird it was saved across) And made our way to tailgating

Honestly… I wasn’t looking forward to it but it was nothing. Only drag was that third generation monkee demanded wagon ride around the parking lot.

I do have friends that were _____ing about not being able to park at Cajun field; but they would be more than happy to pay $20 to park on a per game basis. Only problem is they only want to tailgate… They have no intention of going into the game. And the most insulting thing is that in many instances they plan on watching the LSU game at our tailgating hosts RV.

correct me if I’m wrong, but I think a few years ago, we did promote parking and tailgating for free at Black him.

And I could be wrong again, but I think originally we were told that we had to start paying for parking at Cajun Field because the state mandated the university charge us as they were giving us something of value for free, I.e, parking. Which doesn’t reconcile with free parking across Congress. But I could very well be wrong on this remembery.

So maybe we could offer outter limits parking and tailgating at Blackham. For free or reduced cost.

And my question to those folks who say they’re staying home to watch the game on TV… Are you watching the Cajuns are you watching the purple and yellow team from the other side of the basin?

By the way, just posted this pto Facebook. (Yes, I Facebook)

“Just Curious.

If Festival International were to rope off the immediate vicinity of the stage and in order to get into that area and have CajunVic to the bands you’d have to pay, say, $100 or you would have to watch from a distance…

Would you still go?”

Those idiots who want to sponge our tailgating then not enter game...just head over to Beaver or Giraurd Park...knock yourself out with the ducks, and stay away from CF

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    Blows my mind that SOME people in laff will go to BR with a walmart lsu tshirt on, park 4 miles down Nicholson Dr, WALK with a Playmate ice chest with 6 beers in it, and sit in the nose bleeds of Tiger stadium….but will not park across the street from CF, sit ALMOST anywhere they want and watch a game
    Truth. The fact is Lafayette is a ‘gotta be part of the crowd’ kind of place, and despite all our success many still don’t view us as the ‘in’ thing to do. Hud had lots of issues, but he sure was able to turn that around and show us what is possible. Hopefully a local guy like Dez will be able to do the same.

I probably would I think 10 percent wouldn’t pay 100 to be close to the stage, and 90 percent probably wouldn’t pay. If we had a committee they could do a poll to figure these type of things out .

This is what needs to happen.

Festival atmosphere inside Cajun Field. Open tailgate st Blackham. And Cajun Done. 20 dollar parking inside Cajun Field.

Cajun Field needs to be packed with food trucks, RVs,tents, vendors, cars, and regular tailgators.

It should looked packed not empty and dull.

I am going to come for Homecoming I want to see what they actually change I bet not a whole lot, we can at least get it together when it comes to concessions

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post

Cajun Field needs to be packed with food trucks, RVs,tents, vendors, cars, and regular tailgators.
    Makes a lot of sense. Several food “trucks” inside the stadium too. Charge them a flat fee to setup and let them do work. Could something like that work on the north end zone area?

UL Football Rice concessions

Rice concessions: And y’all thought concessions were bad at Cajun Field?

Default Re: Realistic Game Day Expectations?

Concessions at Rice were all outsourced, but I was able to get my Papa John’s Pizza in 2 minutes no problem. I also liked the clean renovated bathrooms there.

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    Concessions at Rice were all outsourced, but I was able to get my Papa John’s Pizza in 2 minutes no problem. I also liked the clean renovated bathrooms there.
    Yeah…you could get food fairly quickly. Then again, I’d be surprised if there were more than 8k in that stadium, and red outnumbered navy. I’d NEVER want Cajun Field to have fast concession lines due to that.

Visitor’s side ran out of beer too within the first half, from what I understood. Guess they didn’t plan for the number of coonasses that showed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Yeah…you could get food fairly quickly. Then again, I’d be surprised if there were more than 8k in that stadium, and red outnumbered navy. I’d NEVER want Cajun Field to have fast concession lines due to that.

Visitor’s side ran out of beer too within the first half, from what I understood. Guess they didn’t plan for the number of coonasses that showed up.
    Yeah, beer ran out pretty quick, and it's something I've come to expect when we travel. Maybe it's by design? LOL. I expect to empty the ULM beer buckets next Saturday, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Yeah, beer ran out pretty quick, and it's something I've come to expect when we travel. Maybe it's by design? LOL. I expect to empty the ULM beer buckets next Saturday, too.
    Last time at ULM we accomplished that prior to game time.

14. Default Re: Realistic Game Day Expectations?

Food Trucks are the most economic and practical way to add good concessions.

Even the Rougarou did that this summer in Baton Rouge.

UL does have a unique tradition started by the softball fans. It has been duplicated at volleyball games and pregame tailgating Under the Oaks. They play the song, Haterz by Kieth Frank while the fans do the line dance to the song. Want to make game day fun? Play this song during the games!

You could teach it to the students and fans before the game during tailgating. Then make it a fun experience during the game with views on the Jumbotron. It could be played between quarters or a media time out.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information