Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Realistic Game Day Expectations?

1. Default Re: Casual fans realistic expectations?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Some people want the coach to shake there hand and thank them for coming when they walk in. He DA coach. You DA fan. Go to fan day for dat.

Y’all ever wonder how good we could have been under Hud if he would have coached more than rah rah the fans.
    Might have been worse.

Default Re: Casual fans realistic expectations?

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Just an idea. After pages upon pages on RP how to “fix” attendance, thought a cooler surface to tailgate on was an idea. Parking, I’ve done both, parked at CF and walk. Makes me no difference.
    I don't understand what you are talking about, but it sounds complicated. The problem is not what the RCAF charges for parking, or tailgating in the sector of the field. The real problem is there is no tailgating area across the road for the little people, or the "casual fan". Instead of free parking across the road they should be charging ten bucks to become a member of the "outsiders club". You have the hoity toys on the inside with their high falooting motor homes & big dogs who have their private parking areas.
    What you need is a 10 dollar fee to park & tail gate on the other side of the road with a band, concessions port a potties & people can bring their chairs & ice chests without having to drag them a mile to bust in on someone else's tailgating spot. You market it like these people get to have their own club which is rebellious in nature to the fancy Dan RCAF club. You market it as counter culture & have great music & a place where the kids can play without getting in trouble & you'd get people wanting to pay for something that's free now. but it would have to be marketed.

I don't know how many of you have been to a nascar event. But there isn't just one band & one event going on at Nascar. every single parking & RV area has their own bands at night & their own thing going on for each area around the track. That's how they attract 250 thousand people at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    I don't understand what you are talking about, but it sounds complicated. The problem is not what the RCAF charges for parking, or tailgating in the sector of the field. The real problem is there is no tailgating area across the road for the little people, or the "casual fan". Instead of free parking across the road they should be charging ten bucks to become a member of the "outsiders club". You have the hoity toys on the inside with their high falooting motor homes & big dogs who have their private parking areas.
    What you need is a 10 dollar fee to park & tail gate on the other side of the road with a band, concessions port a potties & people can bring their chairs & ice chests without having to drag them a mile to bust in on someone else's tailgating spot. You market it like these people get to have their own club which is rebellious in nature to the fancy Dan RCAF club. You market it as counter culture & have great music & a place where the kids can play without getting in trouble & you'd get people wanting to pay for something that's free now. but it would have to be marketed.

I don't know how many of you have been to a nascar event. But there isn't just one band & one event going on at Nascar. every single parking & RV area has their own bands at night & their own thing going on for each area around the track. That's how they attract 250 thousand people at a time.
    NASCAR has been dying since 3 died. Throw in stage racing and now basically full size electric slot cars next year, it’s dead.

4. Default Re: Casual fans realistic expectations?

NASCAR has been dying since 3 died. Throw in stage racing and now basically full size electric slot cars next year, it’s dead.
    30 minute pitt stops?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    30 minute pitt stops?
    I’d only watch a super speedway race just as a morbid curiosity. I want to see when the “big one” happens, the methods used to put out a lithium fire. And the weight of the vehicles will be greater and a lower center of gravity, so when a car breaks loose, it could be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by ZZeebart21 View Post
    I read through the whole thing. We are surrounded with idiots.
    Welcome to Lafayette.

The question was have you been to a nascar event? You can say what you want about it "being a dying sport" which is the same reason attendance has tapered off at every other major American sport since a certain individual tried to divide everything & everyone in this country. But the fact is they know how to throw an event like no one else anywhere does. And that was the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    The question was have you been to a nascar event? You can say what you want about it "being a dying sport" which is the same reason attendance has tapered off at every other major American sport since a certain individual tried to divide everything & everyone in this country. But the fact is they know how to throw an event like no one else anywhere does. And that was the topic.
    https://www.theamericanconservative....all-of-nascar/

9. Default Re: Casual fans realistic expectations?

……….How about a lil Deductive Logic in a sense? Try to get the reason why the white out game or other highly attended games had fans then and aren’t coming now…..Hey man why did you come back then and not now? Their answer is our key to the problem!

10. Default Re: Casual fans realistic expectations?

That article adds weight to Kyle's suggestion. If you focus on how Nascar got so IN PERSON big, and what is happening now there are a lot of Cajun Field parallels.

"The constant changes NASCAR does, it doesn’t have the same good feeling it used to have. We’ve just lost interest in NASCAR. NASCAR has lost interest in us…. There are just so many things involved, but there are a lot of disenfranchised, disheartened people like us."
    Two common denominators:
    Organic = Growth of fan base.
    Corporate = Contraction of fan base.

Except for the last paragraphs, the linked article attacks the product ON the track. Kyle was promoting the product AROUND the track

At UL, highly designated areas kill the COME AS YOU ARE crowd. Scoot your student self here etc, etx, ex.

Being able to tailgate across the street on the cheap, from your tailgate is a good mood swing waiting to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    That article adds weight to Kyle's suggestion. If you focus on how Nascar got so IN PERSON big, and what is happening now there are a lot of Cajun Field parallels.

That article attacks the product on the track. Kyle was promoting the product around the track

At UL, highly designated areas kill the come as you are crowd. Scoot your student self here etc, etx, ex.

Being able to tailgate across the street on the cheap, from your tailgate is a mood swing waiting to happen.
    NASCAR was a fantastic product. Fan interaction WAS part of the draw. But it occurred to me part of the downfall is very NCAA football related. They powers weren’t happy in sustaining success…they changed the presentation of the product…they went after large markets (the C-USA death slide), forgetting what got them on top the sports world.

Why casual fans are leaving college sport, and UL football in particular? Covid hasn’t been mentioned mentioned. People discovered ESPN+, can watch almost any game. At UL, they don’t have to walk thru the tailgate, where they are NOT part of those who are deeper financially invested. The very discussion of “casual fans” sets them apart and away from UL fandom. The casual fan found another way to see the Cajuns.

Getting casual fans back to UL is just like church missions. Many, not all, go to other lands, but pay only lip service locally. It’s a grass roots feet on the ground effort needed. Media has changed even since Hud left. Maggard needs to figure it out.

that being said

a couple of morons on facebook , which is where most morons hide out apparently, dont speak for cajun fans. i choose to believe most cajun fans are reasonable. give the customer what they deserve. stop telling the customer its their fault for not showing up to a bad game experience

I will be honest !! Some of y’all sound entitled, arrogant and stubborn.

I call as I see it. Adapt or die. We will just be another stepping stone. There is so much things the university can do to fix this problem.

It’s not the money they spend that going to BR in gas. It’s everything we have been talking about since football season began.

People are complaining because they don’t want to come to the game plain and simple.

There is 2 gifs that applies to us.

Name:  FD484A9E-B708-4EF2-BF73-BAB03029126B.gif
Views: 342
Size:  1.35 MBName:  4B3427CE-77E9-4BD4-952A-12382E5E3BA8.gif
Views: 338
Size:  204.4 KB

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information