Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Realistic Game Day Expectations?

Default Re: Casual fans realistic expectations?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    That’s makes zero sense. There’s not enough demand to fill the parking lots as they are now. You want to increase the premium parking? This would be the nail in the coffin for fan support.
    Just an idea. After pages upon pages on RP how to “fix” attendance, thought a cooler surface to tailgate on was an idea. Parking, I’ve done both, parked at CF and walk. Makes me no difference.

2. Default Re: Casual fans realistic expectations?

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Here’s an idea…we have a great green area north of Blackham. What a great green area to set up, like Ole Miss. Do away with tailgating at CF (no exceptions), sell as prime PARKING. No glass rule at green area. Hard rule, caught with glass, privilege lost next game (thinking ahead to intramural push back).

Block off CDB, Cajun walk from Bourgeious north. Parking at Blackham for casual fans.
    An idea worth exploring.

All or in part.

The thing is, the “diehards” here and on social media want to talk ____ to anyone who isn’t as diehard as them. Here’s the hard truth. The stadium is ____ing empty. If they want a foot rub at their seat, you entertain the idea. Until you sell out and have a waiting list, you try to do what your customers ask. If it’s parking, concessions, whatever. If you don’t, you’ll be stuck with the 15k “diehards” and _____ about why more people don’t come to games. To be honest, the only ones _____ing are the “diehards”. Why aren’t YOU holding the admin accountable?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Ordinary fans don’t understand why there’s price increase??? Because we are ____ing good now!!!!

Go stay ordinary somewhere else if you don’t want to pay to see a ranked team.

Y’all aren’t tired trying to solve peoples problems who can’t solve there own.

I’m sure I’ll go to rice and at some point say. The atmospheres better, the musics better, the concessions are better, and the crowds bigger and they suck.

But we will win and that’s all that matters.
    There's one problem. Prices started to go up BEFORE we were ranked. Remember the attendance issues in 2018 and 2019?

I get that we are winning, but people still aren't showing up. There's obviously a disconnect with the way people see the prices and how they correlate with the gameday experience.

5. Default Re: Casual fans realistic expectations?

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    There's one problem. Prices started to go up BEFORE we were ranked. Remember the attendance issues in 2018 and 2019?

I get that we are winning, but people still aren't showing up. There's obviously a disconnect with the way people see the prices and how they correlate with the gameday experience.
    Social media doesn't inspire or motivate.

It is very poor at getting a message across as well.

Social media is fantastic at preaching to the choir.

The thing is, the “diehards” here and on social media want to talk ____ to anyone who isn’t as diehard as them. Here’s the hard truth. The stadium is ____ing empty. If they want a foot rub at their seat, you entertain the idea. Until you sell out and have a waiting list, you try to do what your customers ask. If it’s parking, concessions, whatever. If you don’t, you’ll be stuck with the 15k “diehards” and _____ about why more people don’t come to games. To be honest, the ones _____ing are the “diehards”. Why aren’t YOU holding the admin accountable?
    The hardest task in all of this is convincing to ordinary fans why prices increased and the value behind it. And it has to be more than just "we are winning now." There's obviously no demand to use just that reason.

It's not the job of the fan to just show up. It's the job of the administration to give the fan a reason why their money is well spent at Cajun Field.

7. Default Re: Casual fans realistic expectations?

I didn’t know we had a choir.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Social media doesn't inspire or motivate.

It is very poor at getting a message across as well.

Social media is fantastic at preaching to the choir.
    What made Hud so popular in helping bring attendance to Cajun Field was his way to interact with the community. We need more of that.

I still don’t think the prices are the problem. It’s atmosphere, crap music, and long lines. And if we were sold out with the lines we have now it would make sense. But with 15k-20k it’s dumb.

I still don’t think the prices are the problem. It’s atmosphere, crap music, and long lines. And if we were sold out with the lines we have now it would make sense. But with 15k-20k it’s dumb.
    It’s not price. People wouldn’t come for free for the fan experience provided.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    What made Hud so popular in helping bring attendance to Cajun Field was his way to interact with the community. We need more of that.
    He treated the walk up ticket buyer the same as the 6 figure donor.

And they showed up because of it.

As for the gameday experience, yes. It has to get better.

Some people want the coach to shake there hand and thank them for coming when they walk in. He DA coach. You DA fan. Go to fan day for dat.

Y’all ever wonder how good we could have been under Hud if he would have coached more than rah rah the fans.

Some people want the coach to shake there hand and thank them for coming when they walk in. He DA coach. You DA fan. Go to fan day for dat.

Y’all ever wonder how good we could have been under Hud if he would have coached more than rah rah the fans.
    No better than we were. He was a rah rah coach at the exact time we needed him. There’s a reason he’s coaching high school now.

Maybe I’m just old school. I want a football coach to coach and win games. Keep the program clean. Sure a few public appearances here and there.

I’d rather the players getting out in the community rallying fans. With nil can’t we pay them to do it?? Haha

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information