Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Realistic Game Day Expectations?

Default Re: Realistic Game Day Expectations?

Just saw on Facespace that the evil empire is opening up the PMAC on game days for concessions, TVs with games around the country on to watch….and all the while in the AC.

Default Re: Casual fans realistic expectations?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    By the way, just posted this pto Facebook. (Yes, I Facebook)

“Just Curious.

If Festival International were to rope off the immediate vicinity of the stage and in order to get into that area and have CajunVic to the bands you’d have to pay, say, $100 or you would have to watch from a distance…

Would you still go?”
    I don’t understand your analogy. At Cajun field everyone has equal access to the action on the field. Some a little higher than others. No one is being roped off.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Tell me about it. It is causing me to have an early bourbon. I hope all is well.
    How much does it usually take to warrant an early bourbon?

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard 1280 View Post
    How much does it usually take to warrant an early bourbon?
    In today's world, not much.

5. Default Re: Casual fans realistic expectations?

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    In today's world, not much.
    I believe in todays world you can always find a warrant for an early bourbon . . . and if not, it’s 5 o’clock somewhere . . .

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Truth. The fact is Lafayette is a ‘gotta be part of the crowd’ kind of place, and despite all our success many still don’t view us as the ‘in’ thing to do. Hud had lots of issues, but he sure was able to turn that around and show us what is possible. Hopefully a local guy like Dez will be able to do the same.
    This is true. Lafayette always has been and will be a big LSU haven. A lot of kids here don't even apply to UL and only plan on going to LSU. It seems worse now that my kids are in HS than it did back when I was in HS. Truth is we have a lot of people here who didn't even go to LSU but rather UL and their disposable income goes across the basin. Sure, they'll show up here for a big game if LSU isn't playing or on the road or such but their money is spent in BR. It sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    This is true. Lafayette always has been and will be a big LSU haven. A lot of kids here don't even apply to UL and only plan on going to LSU. It seems worse now that my kids are in HS than it did back when I was in HS. Truth is we have a lot of people here who didn't even go to LSU but rather UL and their disposable income goes across the basin. Sure, they'll show up here for a big game if LSU isn't playing or on the road or such but their money is spent in BR. It sucks.
    its true. but is that it? no. we need to get our own house in order before we start rolling over and play dead

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    I don’t understand your analogy. At Cajun field everyone has equal access to the action on the field. Some a little higher than others. No one is being roped off.
    Yes everybody has access to Cajun Field activities, but at a cost. At the very least, you're looking at $20 for your ticket and $10 for a coke and a hot dog. For one person (this IS NOT a statement about the cost of attending a game). Family of four, you're looking at $120 (which is probably around what that family will spend if they went to a sit-down restaurant - note that the memory of that meal will only last until tomorrow; memories of the comeback against EMU will last a lifetime).

Festivale is free.

I'm not saying a football game experience should come without a cost.

My point was this: if folks had to pay for better access to the stages at Festivale, would they go? And in my completely unscientific question, the consensus was "no."

This is probably gonna rustle some jimmies, but I think this is typical of the mentality of Lafayette and the surrounding area.

We are a community that professes to be conservative, but at the end of the day, we don't want to pay for anything.

Cheap is good, free is better.

Me? I'd like to see a band Friday night.

Food trucks should be a part of the equation. But in talking to one food truck owner, the University wanted such a huge cut of truck's revenues for the day, it forced the trucks to raise the prices so significantly, it was cost prohibitive for them to go.

So fix this.

Maybe two bands on Saturday.

Parking? Lower it to $5, but with the condition you have purchased a ticket beforehand. and you're limited to the east parking lot (which is ALWAY half empty as they save the section closest to the corner of Congress/Cajundome Blvd. for press).

On a side note regarding a mascot?

Go to each of the towns that has a Courir de Mardi Gras. Let them submit designs some of the riders wear unique to that community and have that town and its rider represent at that weeks game.

Just some thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Yes everybody has access to Cajun Field activities, but at a cost. At the very least, you're looking at $20 for your ticket and $10 for a coke and a hot dog. For one person (this IS NOT a statement about the cost of attending a game). Family of four, you're looking at $120 (which is probably around what that family will spend if they went to a sit-down restaurant - note that the memory of that meal will only last until tomorrow; memories of the comeback against EMU will last a lifetime).

Festivale is free.

I'm not saying a football game expereience should come without a cost.

My point was this: if folks had to pay for better access to the stages at Festivale, would they go? And in my completely unscientific question, the consensus was "no."

This is probably gonna rustle some jimmies, but I think this is typical of the mentality of Lafayette and the surrounding area.

We are a community that professes to be conservative, but at the end of the day, we don't want to pay for anything.

Cheap is good, free is better.

Me? I'd like to see a band Friday night.

Food trucks should be a part of the equation. But in talking to one food truck owner, the University wanted such a huge cut of truck's revenues for the day, it forced the truck's to raise the prices so significantly, it was cost prohibitive for them to go.

So fix this.

Maybe two bands on Saturday.

Parking? Lower it to $5, but with the condition you have purchased a ticket beforehand. and you're limited to the east parking lot (which is ALWAY half empty as they save the section closest to the corner of Congress/Cajundome Blvd. for press).

On a side note regarding a mascot?

Go to each of the towns that has a Courir de Mardi Gras. Let them submit designs some of the riders wear unique to that community and have that town and its rider represent at that weeks game.

Just some thoughts.
    When you talk about Lafayette as a community as a whole and you say we are a community that wants something for free that is just not true. You know how many people from this community that are at that festival and are spending big bucks in BR on Saturdays in the fall? Cajun fans, not Lafayette, are an entitled bunch that wants every thing for free. Those that get to park across the street for free complain because they can’t park in the RCAF lot for free. We have free parking right across the street from the stadium. No where else in America are you getting that deal. If you go to an on campus stadium and you park as close as from the Light Center to Blackham you are paying equivalent to RCAF lots here. UL HAS NO PARKING PROBLEMS AT ALL. Actually one the best situations in the country. UL is one of the most affordable college football outings in all of FBS football, with the best parking situation there is compared to on campus venues, but people here will complain no matter what.

You can _____. You can try to reason. You can try it all. But ultimately, you need to look at your potential client base and determine what it will take to get them inside the stadium. Continuing to do the same and expect them to change their minds is just bad business. Does it seem wrong to give free parking and tailgating for example? Sure it does. But where does opportunity cost come in? If you increase attendance to Hud era, you replace ALL revenue from TG and RV spots several times over with ticket sales. You also have 10k+ more customers to market to for small RCAF donations and more premium seats. This in addition to fixing the gameday management inside the stadium is how you build an atmosphere. When you are selling out the stadium and still have demand, that's when you start nickel and diming. Not when you have 20k open seats every weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    You can _____. You can try to reason. You can try it all. But ultimately, you need to look at your potential client base and determine what it will take to get them inside the stadium. Continuing to do the same and expect them to change their minds is just bad business. Does it seem wrong to give free parking and tailgating for example? Sure it does. But where does opportunity cost come in? If you increase attendance to Hud era, you replace ALL revenue from TG and RV spots several times over with ticket sales. You also have 10k+ more customers to market to for small RCAF donations and more premium seats. This in addition to fixing the gameday management inside the stadium is how you build an atmosphere. When you are selling out the stadium and still have demand, that's when you start nickel and diming. Not when you have 20k open seats every weekend.
    heading in the right direction here

12. Default Re: Realistic Game Day Expectations?

Rage has said the same thing over, over and over again. Finally someone is willing to listen . . . maybe it’s a start

Simple economics. The demand is not very high for Cajuns football compared to other football experiences in the State. What can we offer that LSU can’t? Affordability. Free parking is a great start. Lower prices and get people in the gate. Then sell sell sell and gradually increase that demand, then start raising prices.

Great example: why buy reserved seats when I can buy GA and still sit wherever I want? The economics are broken.

We need a billboard ad:

“Cheapest ticket in the State”

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Yes. But in my opinion always have to keep parking inside the gates as an incentive to join the RCAF. You start letting non RCAF park in the gates you will probably to lose some RCAF members.
    I agree with your statement. I can tell you that RCAF lost money from me when they asked me to pay an extra $60 for a parking pass knowing the parking lot was already not full. My donation went down 90%.

In my opinion, that is just being greedy. Its ECON101. The demand was not greater than the supply. I would have no problem paying the extra $60 if the parking lot was full. Until then, I will walk a little further.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    I agree with your statement. I can tell you that RCAF lost money from me when they asked me to pay an extra $60 for a parking pass knowing the parking lot was already not full. My donation went down 90%.

In my opinion, that is just being greedy. Its ECON101. The demand was not greater than the supply. I would have no problem paying the extra $60 if the parking lot was full. Until then, I will walk a little further.
    Same with seating. People are buying GA knowing they can still most likely sit wherever they want. People have less reason to pay extra for a “reserved seat” since they’re empty anyhow.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information