Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Realistic Game Day Expectations?

What a Downer Realistic Game Day Expectations?

As I read through this Facebook post about what is keeping many people away from UL games the fact that they have to park across the street keeps coming up. Ask anyone who is a fan of an on campus stadium if they would like the opportunity to park across the street? Our casual fan feels like they should be able to park where RCAF members park and have first come first serve tailgating where we have been paying good money for years. In most on campus facilities if you park from the Light Center to Blackham you are paying top dollar and are glad to be that close. Here if you park at Blackham you expect a freaking shuttle.

Bottom line is inside the gates at Cajun field is not big enough to grow the tailgating experience to where you can attract the casual fan and develop them into a die hard fan. The university has never thought outside the box in developing another area to grow the tailgating experience for any new fans that might want to become Cajun fans. I have had may ideas but to long for hear and now. Look at these comments.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/6860...omment_mention

Default Re: Casual fans realistic expectations?

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    As I read through this Facebook post about what is keeping many people away from UL games the fact that they have to park across the street keeps coming up. Ask anyone who is a fan of an on campus stadium if they would like the opportunity to park across the street? Our casual fan feels like they should be able to park where RCAF members park and have first come first serve tailgating where we have been paying good money for years. In most on campus facilities if you park from the Light Center to Blackham you are paying top dollar and are glad to be that close. Here if you park at Blackham you expect a freaking shuttle.

Bottom line is inside the gates at Cajun field is not big enough to grow the tailgating experience to where you can attract the casual fan and develop them into a die hard fan. The university has never thought outside the box in developing another area to grow the tailgating experience for any new fans that might want to become Cajun fans. I have had may ideas but to long for hear and now. Look at these comments.

The person who originated that post is an idiot. You can tell from her comments replies below…even calling the Sun Belt the worst conference in the country.

I don't have Facebook, but parking is not an issue. You can literally get to the game 30 mins before kickoff and get inside the stadium with enough time to get concessions before the game starts. I dunno how many places you can do that at.

they say that because the parking lot is empty. if the parking lot was full no one would complain about parking across the street

5. Default Re: Casual fans realistic expectations?

Quote Originally Posted by ExecutiveCajun View Post
    they say that because the parking lot is empty. if the parking lot was full no one would complain about parking across the street
    Spot on

When you see empty spots close, ACROSS the STREET seems miles away.

Conversely, when you are miles away, the first empty slot seems close

It is hilarious that all of the people complaining have pictures of themselves at lspoo or with lspoo shirts and hats.

Quote Originally Posted by ExecutiveCajun View Post
    Yes. But in my opinion always have to keep parking inside the gates as an incentive to join the RCAF. You start letting non RCAF park in the gates you will probably to lose some RCAF members.

That FB group is the home of UL casual and confused fan... I actually got blowback from a season ticket holder when I posted a question about when will we see a championship banner at CF... its a place where idiots populate that space

9. Default Re: Casual fans realistic expectations?

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    It is hilarious that all of the people complaining have pictures of themselves at lspoo or with lspoo shirts and hats.
    I'd like to see their step counter.

I read through the whole thing. We are surrounded with idiots.

Yes. But in my opinion always have to keep parking inside the gates as an incentive to join the RCAF. You start letting non RCAF park in the gates you will probably to lose some RCAF members.
    so the parking lot looks half empty? lafayette scene town will certainly not show up for a half dead party. you have to make it look like a blast to attract people here

I had to get out of there. I felt like I was getting dumber by the minute.

They said the stadium should have been built in the middle of the property. Well, in 1971, that was the middle of the property.

Also, the stadium should have been built east to west so that no one was directly in the sun. Most, not all, stadiums are built north/south.

Quote Originally Posted by ZZeebart21 View Post
    I read through the whole thing. We are surrounded with idiots.
    Tell me about it. It is causing me to have an early bourbon. I hope all is well.

14. Default Re: Casual fans realistic expectations?

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post

Also, the stadium should have been built east to west so that no one was directly in the sun. Most, not all, stadiums are built north/south.
    While Louisiana Saturday Nights totally fixes that problem, I find it humorous that they would rather the football team be blinded instead of the fans.

That makes for great football

15. Default Re: Casual fans realistic expectations?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    While Louisiana Saturday Nights totally fixes that problem, I find it humorous that they would rather the football team be blinded instead of the fans.

That makes for great football
    But it’s the fan experience

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information