Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Realistic Game Day Expectations?

Default Re: Realistic Game Day Expectations?

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Agreed, a new customer standing there wanting to give you $420 just to park and you try making him pay $1620….TO PARK!
    Yeah by that time he can't even afford to enter the gate of CF. Unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    It is kind of like the time I bought nacho at a SB game and she asked with or without cheese. I said with cheese and she said that is was an extra $2 bringing the price up to $7. When I told her the sign says nachos and cheese $5 she had to ask another work if we still charge for cheese or not. It is hilarious at times the folks running ____ like this.
    One of my friends got charged like this for opening day of baseball. Just a ridiculous operation.

And yet many will blame the fan for choosing not to come back….

It’s curious to me when our fans say, “yeah but Boone only has a population of 20k, there’s nothing else to do there except App games.” To me a town of 20k that fills a 30k seat stadium is amazing. That would be like Cajun Field selling a 250k seat stadium out.

Boone has plenty of other things to do besides App, I’ve snow skied there.

Get students to the game, it should be first and last on any list of how to improve attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun309 View Post
    It’s curious to me when our fans say, “yeah but Boone only has a population of 20k, there’s nothing else to do there except App games.” To me a town of 20k that fills a 30k seat stadium is amazing. That would be like Cajun Field selling a 250k seat stadium out.

Get students to the game, it should be first and last on any list of how to improve attendance.
    The point in that, is it is much easier to get all your students to go to a game on Saturday in a college town with population of 20k…bc that’s where most people are going. So as a student you are “trained” to go to the game for lack of a better word. Then when you graduate and move, you still are “trained” on where to be on Saturday’s in the fall. That, along with 22 conference championships and only 5 losing seasons since 1980 gets you sellouts on Saturday in a town of 20k people. I don’t think people mean literally there is nothing else to do, it just means on Saturday’s in Boone, there is really only one thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    One of my friends got charged like this for opening day of baseball. Just a ridiculous operation.
    Well when you hire idiots, you get idiots running your operation.

Wow that is crazy. When folks try to give them money sometimes it is even hard. One year they tried to say I didn't renew my RCAF and I had to send them a copy of my credit card transaction for proof. Then they just blamed their business system. You are correct it is a cluster at times.
    Horrible. Are we sure our Hospitality program isnt just a made-up myth? So many missed opportunities to get students actual service experience and they hire idiots instead.

He can. Crazy said money isn’t a factor for the brother in law.

9. Default Re: Realistic Game Day Expectations?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Sounds like his BIL is one of those that is tall when he stands on his money . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Time to ruffle some feathers boys....

Remember back in the day when we were all the craze and Nola Bowl tickets were flying out the ticket office? A certain group of people _____ed and moaned because people were coming in and donating big bucks to RCAF to get access to tickets. Why? Because we had become the "in" thing to do around Lafayette. "Last one, don't forget to turn out the lights" was a phrase I heard the night before our first bowl game. Many of you basically told new fans that they weren't welcome in the club. It's not fair to us loyal fans. Want to know what I really think? Some of you don't want a solution. You want to continue to call people that don't come to games out and say Lafayette only supports across the basin. You enjoy your tailgating spot, with your tickets and your conveniences, and don't want them threatened.

We had people begging to be supporters and you told them no thank you....
    Ehhh this is quite a stretch.

You’re known here for being a diehard baseball poster.
    Let me go offer Maggard $20k for your baseball box and let’s see how you react.

11. Default Re: Realistic Game Day Expectations?

That’s it, Bid a Box . . . Wildest marketing feature ever attempted . . . Then let the owner have last look . . . Don’t we keep trying to dig out of the same pockets over and over and over again here?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun309 View Post

You snow skied in September and October there?

Doesn’t mean he gives it away, just meant he certainly isn’t complaining about not having a free place to park.

It was said tongue in cheek. Sorry it went over your head.

It was said tongue in cheek. Sorry it went over your head.
    It wasnt tongue in cheek.

It sounds like a matter of principle for the man.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread Information