Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Realistic Game Day Expectations?

Default Re: Casual fans realistic expectations?

yall made me use the grandkids fb to check it out. holy smokes. maybe we havent given maggard and nico enough credit having to deal with these jack waggons

2. Default Re: Casual fans realistic expectations?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    But it’s the fan experience
    Louisiana Saturday Nights totally fixes the "fan experience"

On the field, and in the stands.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Tell me about it. It is causing me to have an early bourbon. I hope all is well.
    That old fart has already made excuses to not be here in Houston tomorrow.

and if you think that discussion is filled with dumb comments go read the mascot discussion. the only word that comes to mind is poor baby

It’s simple. The administration of the past gave away so many freebies with parking, tailgating, and tickets that it created a sense of entitlement with our fans. I put that on the administration. We never created value with what he had to offer.

Now, we put a price on these things and it threw our fans for a loop. The biggest obstacle is communicating WHY the prices are set the way they are. It’s easy to understand that we have to foot the bill for facilities, coaches salaries, etc. but the average fun probably doesn’t understand that.

Get the messaging out there.

They could at least make a turn around/drop your ___ off then go park spot at that field. I have parking passes but I wouldn’t mind parking really anywhere if I’m not carrying anything. Park across the street and carry chairs, ice chest and food….most of you would be complaining too. Or if people could pull up to tailgate spots and drop their wife kids and gear off then go park, sure dad would hear a lot less complaining too.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    It’s simple. The administration of the past gave away so many freebies with parking, tailgating, and tickets that it created a sense of entitlement with our fans. I put that on the administration. We never created value with what he had to offer.

Now, we put a price on these things and it threw our fans for a loop. The biggest obstacle is communicating WHY the prices are set the way they are. It’s easy to understand that we have to foot the bill for facilities, coaches salaries, etc. but the average fun probably doesn’t understand that.

This!!! Right here!!...I suspect they fixed a $ amount to cover what needed to be paid and did the math...

8. Default Re: Casual fans realistic expectations?

How much amenities could have been covered with $10, $25, and $50 RCAF membership drives.

Free two year memberships for graduates would lead to $100s of thousands more in the coffers.

Then you could offset costs and over a 20 year period get prices up to the industry standard.

The point of it is that ordinary fans just see the price increase, and they don't know why. It's like the apparel branding in the clothing store. We ask nat media outlets not to call us "Louisiana," yet that's what's on the shirts in the bookstore.

We have to get the messaging right, so people don't feel they're getting duped which some feel that they are because there's no explanation.

Here’s an idea…we have a great green area north of Blackham. What a great green area to set up, like Ole Miss. Do away with tailgating at CF (no exceptions), sell as prime PARKING. No glass rule at green area. Hard rule, caught with glass, privilege lost next game (thinking ahead to intramural push back).

Block off CDB, Cajun walk from Bourgeious north. Parking at Blackham for casual fans.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Here’s an idea…we have a great green area north of Blackham. What a great green area to set up, like Ole Miss. Do away with tailgating at CF, sell as prime PARKING. No tailgating at all at CF.
    That’s makes zero sense. There’s not enough demand to fill the parking lots as they are now. You want to increase the premium parking? This would be the nail in the coffin for fan support.

The point of it is that ordinary fans just see the price increase, and they don't know why. It's like the apparel branding in the clothing store. We ask not media outlets not to call us "UL-Lafayette," yet that's what's on the shirts in the bookstore.

We have to get the messaging right, so people don't feel they're getting duped which some feel that they are because there's no explanation.
    Ordinary fans don’t understand why there’s price increase??? Because we are ____ing good now!!!!

Go stay ordinary somewhere else if you don’t want to pay to see a ranked team.

Y’all aren’t tired trying to solve peoples problems who can’t solve there own.

I’m sure I’ll go to rice and at some point say. The atmospheres better, the musics better, the concessions are better, and the crowds bigger and they suck.

But we will win and that’s all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Here’s an idea…we have a great green area north of Blackham. What a great green area to set up, like Ole Miss. Do away with tailgating at CF (no exceptions), sell as prime PARKING.

Block off CDB, Cajun walk from Bourgeious north.
    No baw. If anything, park above blackham and 100% tailgating within Cajun Field grounds. Allow set up the day before

If you owned a brick and mortar business and your customers gave you changes to make that would entice them to buy more product from you. Oh and by the way, your competitors are selling on Amazon and shipping straight to your customer’s home. Would you attempt to make those changes or call your customer stupid and demand they still buy from you?

15. Default Re: Casual fans realistic expectations?

...ordinary fans just see the price increase, and they don't know why...
    Without clear explanation, they view it as price gouging.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information