Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Realistic Game Day Expectations?

Default Re: Realistic Game Day Expectations?

They are already laughing at having to park across or down the street when there is more than enough parking within the stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by ExecutiveCajun View Post
    someone needs to listen to this guy. Ive been telling admin this for years. you need outside opinions and you need to filter it through the cajun culture. there is no silver bullet

make the tg spots around the fences on bertrand and congress free or extremely cheap. make the event feel like a party with optics. cut the rv spot price in half. create a festive area among those rv spots like cajun palms. when the waiting list starts slowly creep up on price. offer larger tg spots and corporate spots and add bigger spaces and allow more perks with those spaces. offer a tram or golf cart ride for the folks that need it from the free grass parking area. this stuff can be done
    This man knows his stuff....

It looks like the minimum donation to the RCAF to be eligible to purchase a parking pass is 100 dollars according to the website. I bet if you ask the people at that level why they give the answer would be to get the pass, more than it would be to support the athletic program. Many have said they would pay on a per game basis to park inside Cajun field. At the 100 dollar level plus the 60 buck per season it comes out to 26.66 per game. The university could charge 30 bucks per game for those that want a per game price. You could shrink some of the lots around it at the higher levels that aren't being used and make that lot bigger to accommodate more traffic. Parking problem solved.

Bottom line is you will never get the crowd we desire and have everyone park inside the gates of Cajun field.

If you don't have a paid parking pass at App, you park almost a mile from the stadium and they're selling out every game.

Here, Cajun Fan is butt hurt because they have to park across the street...for free.

I cried because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    They are already laughing at our attendance....
    No they aren’t. We are still middle of the pack in the sunbelt and the people I am referring to have equal or less of a crowd than us and walk 3 times further than any parking spot we have at their on campus stadiums, if they are parking for free.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    If you don't have a paid parking pass at App, you park almost a mile from the stadium and they're selling out every game.

Here, Cajun Fan is butt hurt because they have to park across the street...for free.

Didn't we beat them for the title last year? Hmmm I just don't get it. We have a great parking situation here and a good product on the field over the past several years.

That's not the point - if the stands and parking lots were full, this argument would not be made. Many of you continue to concentrate on talking ____ about folks you want to be fans rather that find ways to entice them to come.

8. Default Re: Realistic Game Day Expectations?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    That's not the point - if the stands and parking lots were full, this argument would not be made. Many of you continue to concentrate on talking ____ about folks you want to be fans rather that find ways to entice them to come.
    One day they may get it . . . Ah, NO . . .

Hire a professional marketing firm if we don’t have any marketing students or graduates smart-enough to help fix the attendance problem. Someone somewhere has got to have some intellectual or professional insight on this.

Instead of comparing UL to other universities, how about the administration worry about WHY their business model ISN’T working? Or maybe that in the eyes of the administration it IS working.

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    Instead of comparing UL to other universities, how about the administration worry about WHY their business model ISN’T working? Or maybe that in the eyes of the administration it IS working.
    Whatever happened to that feasibility survey maggard sent out a couple years ago? Surely that would have provided enough insight.

12. Default Re: Realistic Game Day Expectations?

Quote Originally Posted by Gris-Gris View Post
    Whatever happened to that feasibility survey maggard sent out a couple years ago? Surely that would have provided enough insight.
    You believe we are hiding something that could help?

13. Default Re: Casual fans realistic expectations?

How well do you think rotating different tailgating themes for all 5 home games would go over?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    I am not saying your ideas are not good by any means. But fans at other schools would laugh at the fact that our fans need a tram or golf cart ride from across the freaking street when many of them would pay big bucks to park that close.
    dont care what other schools think. no one should especially in the athletic offices. we are not other places.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    You believe we are hiding something that could help?
    Ahh reading isn’t your strong suit. I never said anything of the sort. Simply asking.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information