Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Realistic Game Day Expectations?

Default Re: Realistic Game Day Expectations?

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    All we have to do is figure out a way to get the same amount of people who participate in Mardi Gras, interested in Cajun football and the rest should take care of itself. Maybe game days need rides and carnival games.
    So you are saying it’s not a where you park issue but a what you have to offer once you cross the street issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Yeah, I would never go to a game to catch a shirt, but I will never forget the fun I had trying to catch one.

I was talking more about handing out at the entrance. But you are correct either way won’t entice someone to go who isn’t already going to see the action on the field.

3. Default Re: Realistic Game Day Expectations?

People will always be perturbed about being priced out when the inventory they believe is too high is not being sold at the marketed price.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    So you are saying it’s not a where you park issue but a what you have to offer once you cross the street issue?
    It’s a numbers game, millions of people celebrate Mardi Gras, Cajun football has a few less than millions. Also, like you said
    , as you walked from the lite center the parking fields were full not empty.

Another thing to think about, Lafayette is a strange bird. For my senior management project, we did a market study on dinner house restaurants (chili's, applebee's, etc.) and the result of our study was that Lafayette was the polar opposite of the rest of the country. The Alden report and bringing in folks from other successful schools is great BUT you still need to realize that it takes a little different twist when marketing to this area.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Another thing to think about, Lafayette is a strange bird. For my senior management project, we did a market study on dinner house restaurants (chili's, applebee's, etc.) and the result of our study was that Lafayette was the polar opposite of the rest of the country. The Alden report and bringing in folks from other successful schools is great BUT you still need to realize that it takes a little different twist when marketing to this area.
    someone needs to listen to this guy. Ive been telling admin this for years. you need outside opinions and you need to filter it through the cajun culture. there is no silver bullet

make the tg spots around the fences on bertrand and congress free or extremely cheap. make the event feel like a party with optics. cut the rv spot price in half. create a festive area among those rv spots like cajun palms. when the waiting list starts slowly creep up on price. offer larger tg spots and corporate spots and add bigger spaces and allow more perks with those spaces. offer a tram or golf cart ride for the folks that need it from the free grass parking area. this stuff can be done

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Yeah, I would never go to a game to catch a shirt, but I will never forget the fun I had trying to catch one.
    Damn, you don't get out much. I can't imagine someone's determining factor of whether they were gonna come to another game was the "fun" trying to catch a t-shirt.

And things that don't help are local businesses like Albertsons has a big sign outside their doors that say 10% off when you wear your LSU jersey on game day.

Quote Originally Posted by ExecutiveCajun View Post
    someone needs to listen to this guy. Ive been telling admin this for years. you need outside opinions and you need to filter it through the cajun culture. there is no silver bullet

make the tg spots around the fences on bertrand and congress free or extremely cheap. make the event feel like a party with optics. cut the rv spot price in half. create a festive area among those rv spots like cajun palms. when the waiting list starts slowly creep up on price. offer larger tg spots and corporate spots and add bigger spaces and allow more perks with those spaces. offer a tram or golf cart ride for the folks that need it from the free grass parking area. this stuff can be done
    This is what should be done.

THIS!!!

This this this this this this...........

+1

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    And things that don't help are local businesses like Albertsons has a big sign outside their doors that say 10% off when you wear your LSU jersey on game day.
    I wonder if anyone from the athletic dept has asked for a meeting with whoever is in charge locally without donation strings attached to the conversation. Just a meeting to discuss how we can work together.

13. Default Re: Realistic Game Day Expectations?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Damn, you don't get out much. I can't imagine someone's determining factor of whether they were gonna come to another game was the "fun" trying to catch a t-shirt.
    If you are going to agree with me 100 percent at least grasp what I said.

I would never go to "a" game to catch a shirt includes I would never go to "another" game to catch a shirt. I can't imagine someone's determining factor of whether they were going come to any game was the "fun" trying to catch a t-shirt.

It goes with the saying I forgot what they said, I forgot what they did, but I remember how I felt.

Its not why I went, it's not why I go back, but I felt like I had a fun time for those few brief moments.

I am not saying your ideas are not good by any means. But fans at other schools would laugh at the fact that our fans need a tram or golf cart ride from across the freaking street when many of them would pay big bucks to park that close.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    I am not saying your ideas are not good by any means. But fans at other schools would laugh at the fact that our fans need a tram or golf cart ride from across the freaking street when many of them would pay big bucks to park that close.
    They are already laughing at our attendance....

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information