Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Realistic Game Day Expectations?

Default Re: Realistic Game Day Expectations?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston Thibodeaux View Post
    They are doing the same thing today price wise as they were doing 6 years or so ago when there was a waiting list for tailgate spots and everyone was occupied. So that would suggest its not a price issue. If folks will support they will support. If they won’t support they won’t. Can’t force them into fandom. We already have one of the best values in all of FBS with free parking. WTF more do people want?
    They want free everything.

i made a career in marketing and promotion and im glad the majority of you are not running the fan experience. the people in charge right now are not much better

Quote Originally Posted by ExecutiveCajun View Post
    i made a career in marketing and promotion and im glad the majority of you are not running the fan experience. the people in charge right now are not much better
    Maybe you can pass on some of that knowledge and experience to the big dogs. Next time you are in the same room or locker room raise your hand and speak up. Cajun Nation is dependent upon better ideas than what they have tried.

Ah I see you have never been in a conversation with the people who sell those tail gate spots. They refer to them as inventory. Just like selling a ticket or box seat. Everything in the gates of Cajun field is inventory to them from the parking spots to the tailgate spots to the stadium seats. It is what they sell.
    They (the university) have terrible salesmen.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    I don’t think it should be free inside the fence but they absolutely should offer per game parking and tailgating inside the fence until we fill it..(pay per game). Not many will go from parking across Congress street for free, to RCAF donor, season tickets holder, season parking pass and tailgate spot for the year. I don’t think you will convert many casual fans that way. The parking lot and tailgate area are half empty every game. I don’t believe for one second they are all sold. Leaving inventory unsold on the day of every game is a terrible business model both in the moment and future. We have 12-15k die hard fans…total, across all sports. It’s proven time and time again. You are not going to cultivate die hard fans by trying to force the walk up fan into a season long financial and 6 weekend commitment. You give them a taste doing game by game. Do certain area that fits 1 vehicle and a 10x10 pop up behind it and sell it for $100-$150 a game. Family hates it? You are out $150 and a Saturday. Family loves it? They will be there the next game with another $150. They make 4-5 games that year, now they can see themselves becoming RCAF, getting a parking pass, season tickets etc. We do not have enough die hards to fill the stadium, most schools don’t. Most schools pack the stadium with the makes one or 2 games a year people. All of the people that come to my tailgate complain about walking past an empty parking lot every game, first words out their mouth..I woulda paid $20-$30 to park right there.
    I know there are some TG spots available on a per game basis. Does anyone know if every single parking pass that is sold happens to all show up at the game how many spots would be left? Seems like that could be figured that then designate a small area left over for first come first serve 20 dollar parking in lot D. Don’t know how big of a dent that would put in the parking situation.

You know on Mardi Gras day I parked at the light center and walked to the stage. That whole grass lot was full of cars, I don’t think anyone complained about the walk across the street.

When you give something away you eat the cost. Why give something away in a down market and take on more debt?

I have been in commission sales since the 90s if you lower your price in a down market you take a double hit on commissions one on volume and one on margin. If you hold your price you may not sell as much but you won’t take the hit on the margins also.
    Here’s the most comparable situation I can give you. I have an offsite coming up in October and was looking for a conference space. I called hotels and they wanted to charge me for the room, the coffee, the projector, a laptop to display, and the list went on. All before I even told them what I needed. I called up a friend of mine at a nonprofit and asked if they had space. The answer was “sure do, would you like us to provide coffee and water?” I asked them what it was going to cost me. The answer was this one is on us. And by the way, at our X annual donation level, you can use our rooms anytime you need as long as they aren’t booked. If we go and see value, bam, new donor. If we don’t, the conf room wasn’t booked anyway and no money is lost.

Model: Spot 123: At donation level X, you can have first right of refusal all season. Level y, you get first access to book any remaining spots, level z and so on. You must book every week. At say 11am, any unoccupied spots are first come first serve. When all full up, you put up a Lot Full sign and direct to KK’s open field option.

I know there are some TG spots available on a per game basis. Does anyone know if every single parking pass that is sold happens to all show up at the game how many spots would be left? Seems like that could be figured that then designate a small area left over for first come first serve 20 dollar parking in lot D. Don’t know how big of a dent that would put in the parking situation.

You know on Mardi Gras day I parked at the light center and walked to the stage. That whole grass lot was full of cars, I don’t think anyone complained about the walk across the street.
    All we have to do is figure out a way to get the same amount of people who participate in Mardi Gras, interested in Cajun football and the rest should take care of itself. Maybe game days need rides and carnival games.

8. Default Re: Realistic Game Day Expectations?

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    All we have to do is figure out a way to get the same amount of people who participate in Mardi Gras, interested in Cajun football and the rest should take care of itself. Maybe game days need rides and carnival games.
    It’s the opulent costumes . . .

I know there are some TG spots available on a per game basis.
    What's the process to get one of these? Call someone?

Quote Originally Posted by ExecutiveCajun View Post
    Ditto.

40 years TV sales and management, some radio too. Lots of bad ideas and sloppy marketing coming out of the complex

Going strictly by the number of RCAF members, and you must be one to get a parking pass…there is a whole lot of unsold parking spaces…a lot more unsold than sold.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    What's the process to get one of these? Call someone?
    I would start with Brandon Domingue he can point you in the right direction if not sell it to you. He sells all box seats and RCAF connected seating.

I’ve also always thought our tailgate spots are too big for some people. Sell all your corporate/large spots and whatever is left, cut the spot in half and sell it half price. Not everyone needs or even has access to a 20 x 20 tent. Same Space, same money but selling to a different/smaller group of people or just a family. Each half gets a TG vehicle pass and plenty of room for vehicle and a pop up tent

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Let me say this, and some people aren't going to like it. The attendance wasn't great to begin with, so does it really matter now? We can talk about all the promotional things the athletic department should be doing, but if people need to be given discount parking and tickets to come watch a program that has been ranked the past 2 seasons and lost 1 game last year, it's just not going to happen. I know, they hired Coach Desormeaux. Got it!
    You are correct sir. If the product on the field doesn’t get them out parking, a free t shirt... won’t do it either.

15. Default Re: Realistic Game Day Expectations?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    You are correct sir. If the product on the field doesn’t get them out parking, a free t shirt... won’t do it either.
    Yeah, I would never go to a game to catch a shirt, but I will never forget the fun I had trying to catch one.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information