Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 265

Thread: Realistic Game Day Expectations?

  1. #136

    Default Re: Realistic Game Day Expectations?

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    When business is good they have fewer sales and give less away.

    In fact when business is good they tend to raise prices.

    Weird how it works, huh?
    When you give something away you eat the cost. Why give something away in a down market and take on more debt?

    I have been in commission sales since the 90s if you lower your price in a down market you take a double hit on commissions one on volume and one on margin. If you hold your price you may not sell as much but you won’t take the hit on the margins also.

  2. #137

    Default Re: Casual fans realistic expectations?

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    The thing is, the “diehards” here and on social media want to talk ____ to anyone who isn’t as diehard as them. Here’s the hard truth. The stadium is ____ing empty. If they want a foot rub at their seat, you entertain the idea. Until you sell out and have a waiting list, you try to do what your customers ask. If it’s parking, concessions, whatever. If you don’t, you’ll be stuck with the 15k “diehards” and _____ about why more people don’t come to games. To be honest, the only ones _____ing are the “diehards”. Why aren’t YOU holding the admin accountable?
    Hate to break into you, but those "fans" wanting a footrub with theirticket, will not show up to the next game because they didn't get a manicure with their footrub. Remember all those fans for how many years said they didn't go to games because they didn't win? Guess what? We started winning and now they're not coming because they want foot rub/valet parking/ free beer/and a happy ending.

  3. #138

    Default Re: Casual fans realistic expectations?

    Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Hate to break into you, but those "fans" wanting a footrub with theirticket, will not show up to the next game because they didn't get a manicure with their footrub. Remember all those fans for how many years said they didn't go to games because they didn't win? Guess what? We started winning and now they're not coming because they want foot rub/valet parking/ free beer/and a happy ending.
    Right on Jewler. As soon as you over come one obstacle they will find another.

  4. Default Re: Casual fans realistic expectations?

    Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Hate to break into you, but those "fans" wanting a footrub with theirticket, will not show up to the next game because they didn't get a manicure with their footrub. Remember all those fans for how many years said they didn't go to games because they didn't win? Guess what? We started winning and now they're not coming because they want foot rub/valet parking/ free beer/and a happy ending.
    They are not coming because they are not a fan. How hard is that to understand?

    We can have 5,000,000 people in Acadiana and if only 15,000 are fans it’s all we have.

    People here want to call our alumni who cross the basin our fans and be mad at them and scream and yell and say how stupid and ridiculous they are. Face it, they are just not our fans . . . They are fans of another university.

  5. #140

    Default Re: Realistic Game Day Expectations?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaston Thibodeaux View Post
    When you say position to have value what are you comparing to? I will venture to say we have one of the most affordable FBS venues to attend a football game in the country. I bet there are programs with a lot less success than this one that cost much more to attend a game. Just last home game there was a “fire sale’” of 14 bucks a ticket with free parking.
    Lots of ways to do that in my business..my inventory is my currency, I strive to get more for my currency than the market will pay, I talk feature an benefits, and, I also talk value, but not from a monetary standpoint, but from an audience (numbers) point of view. "No" is a great selling tool...your building value when you don't give it away. So, when you have a special on price, it magnifies because you've protected the value of your inventory/product..

  6. Default Re: Realistic Game Day Expectations?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaston Thibodeaux View Post
    When you give something away you eat the cost. Why give something away in a down market and take on more debt?

    I have been in commission sales since the 90s if you lower your price in a down market you take a double hit on commissions one on volume and one on margin. If you hold your price you may not sell as much but you won’t take the hit on the margins also.
    When car sales are down they give away thousands of dollars.

    They lower price AND give away thousands of dollars in the form of rebates.

    When car sales are robust, they raise prices.

    A simple conundrum of supply and demand.

  7. #142
    CajunRage is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

    Default Re: Realistic Game Day Expectations?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaston Thibodeaux View Post
    Ah I see you have never been in a conversation with the people who sell those tail gate spots. They refer to them as inventory. Just like selling a ticket or box seat. Everything in the gates of Cajun field is inventory to them from the parking spots to the tailgate spots to the stadium seats. It is what they sell.
    I think it’s been well established that what they are doing isn’t working….

  8. #143

    Default Re: Realistic Game Day Expectations?

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    I think it’s been well established that what they are doing isn’t working….
    when salesman double down on products that people wont buy businesses go extinct. this is a telling window into the psyche of how this continues to be a disaster.

  9. #144

    Default Re: Realistic Game Day Expectations?

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    I think it’s been well established that what they are doing isn’t working….
    They are doing the same thing today price wise as they were doing 6 years or so ago when there was a waiting list for tailgate spots and everyone was occupied. So that would suggest its not a price issue. If folks will support they will support. If they won’t support they won’t. Can’t force them into fandom. We already have one of the best values in all of FBS with free parking. WTF more do people want?

  10. #145

    Default Re: Realistic Game Day Expectations?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaston Thibodeaux View Post
    They are doing the same thing today price wise as they were doing 6 years or so ago when there was a waiting list for tailgate spots and everyone was occupied. So that would suggest its not a price issue. If folks will support they will support. If they won’t support they won’t. Can’t force them into fandom. We already have one of the best values in all of FBS with free parking. WTF more do people want?
    they are absolutely not doing the same thing

  11. #146

    Default Re: Realistic Game Day Expectations?

    Quote Originally Posted by ExecutiveCajun View Post
    they are absolutely not doing the same thing
    I can assure you my tailgate in the TG1 area and parking in Lot C area are the same as they have been for at least 6 or 7 years.

  12. #147

    Default Re: Realistic Game Day Expectations?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaston Thibodeaux View Post
    I can assure you my tailgate in the TG1 area and parking in Lot C area are the same as they have been for at least 6 or 7 years.
    that is not across the board. ask the RV folks

  13. Default Re: Realistic Game Day Expectations?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaston Thibodeaux View Post
    They are doing the same thing today price wise as they were doing 6 years or so ago when there was a waiting list for tailgate spots and everyone was occupied. So that would suggest its not a price issue. ...
    Break that down, we are charging what you charged "when there was a waiting list"

    Speculative ticket scalpers will charge 10 times face value when there is a waiting list, and give tickets away for half of face value as the game begins if it becomes clear there are vacancies.

  14. #149

    Default Re: Realistic Game Day Expectations?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaston Thibodeaux View Post
    When you give something away you eat the cost. Why give something away in a down market and take on more debt?

    I have been in commission sales since the 90s if you lower your price in a down market you take a double hit on commissions one on volume and one on margin. If you hold your price you may not sell as much but you won’t take the hit on the margins also.
    Business 101.

  15. #150

    Default Re: Realistic Game Day Expectations?

    I don’t think it should be free inside the fence but they absolutely should offer per game parking and tailgating inside the fence until we fill it..(pay per game). Not many will go from parking across Congress street for free, to RCAF donor, season tickets holder, season parking pass and tailgate spot for the year. I don’t think you will convert many casual fans that way. The parking lot and tailgate area are half empty every game. I don’t believe for one second they are all sold. Leaving inventory unsold on the day of every game is a terrible business model both in the moment and future. We have 12-15k die hard fans…total, across all sports. It’s proven time and time again. You are not going to cultivate die hard fans by trying to force the walk up fan into a season long financial and 6 weekend commitment. You give them a taste doing game by game. Do certain area that fits 1 vehicle and a 10x10 pop up behind it and sell it for $100-$150 a game. Family hates it? You are out $150 and a Saturday. Family loves it? They will be there the next game with another $150. They make 4-5 games that year, now they can see themselves becoming RCAF, getting a parking pass, season tickets etc. We do not have enough die hards to fill the stadium, most schools don’t. Most schools pack the stadium with the makes one or 2 games a year people. All of the people that come to my tailgate complain about walking past an empty parking lot every game, first words out their mouth..I woulda paid $20-$30 to park right there.


Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 71
    Last Post: September 16th, 2011, 11:23 am

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •