Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: ESPN + Viewership

Default Re: ESPN + Viewership

The Nielsen article fanof71 referenced must be old because it defines a millennial as being between the age of 18 and 34. Currently the age of millennials is 26 to 41 years of age. So the article is at least 8 years old. Things have changed since the article was written.

2017...but my point still stands...

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston Thibodeaux View Post
    I wasn’t going to go last weekend but since it was on NFL network I decided to go to do my part in making the crowd look big. But you are still correct in your statement because we never met.
    You only did your part if you brought someone new to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    The Nielsen article fanof71 referenced must be old because it defines a millennial as being between the age of 18 and 34. Currently the age of millennials is 26 to 41 years of age. So the article is at least 8 years old. Things have changed since the article was written.
    Roarman fits in the 26 to 41 age range.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    lol 15k more aint walking through those gates if the game was not on TV .. 7 of the top 10 highest attended games in UL history were during the rise of ESPN 3.

Let me ask you this did baseball/ Softball attendance change during games that were not broadcasted this year ?
    I have no idea and won't speculate.

But you said you never have heard anyone say that. Hell, I hear it from 10-15 different people each week.

"We thought about going to the game, but just decided to watch it on TV." I hear it a LOT.

I am not saying that's the reason attendance is down. But you're very naive if you think it's not a contributing factor.

6. Default Re: ESPN + Viewership

Do you ever hear “the game is on radio today so I’m going to listen to the game on radio instead of going to the game”?

7. Default Re: ESPN + Viewership

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Do you ever hear “the game is on radio today so I’m going to listen to the game on radio instead of going to the game”?
    I am guilty of this.

There is a direct correlation to attendance issues across the country and streaming services showing every game on tv. Sure there’s a few examples of good crowds, but it’s absolutely a big attendance killer. As more people started streaming over the years crowd sizes dropped. Bama, LSU, Florida…… look at their crowds for non conference games. Lots of Empty seats. 15 years ago. No way.

Blackout TV games local
    fix concession lines
    Get rid of profane music

Do these 3, attendance will jump greatly.
    Doing any would help.

9. Default Re: ESPN + Viewership

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    There is a direct correlation to attendance issues across the country and streaming services showing every game on tv. Sure there’s a few examples of good crowds, but it’s absolutely a big attendance killer. As more people started streaming over the years crowd sizes dropped. Bama, LSU, Florida…… look at their crowds for non conference games. Lots of Empty seats. 15 years ago. No way.

Blackout TV games local
    fix concession lines
    Get rid of profane music

Do these 3, attendance will jump greatly.
    Doing any would help.

This is total BS. A bunch of conclusions and no research fails to make it so.

10. Default Re: ESPN + Viewership

Use your fingers to count, there's your research right there.

Use a calculator it it helps.

Use a spreadsheet if it will put you over the top.

But in this instance peer review is easy.

How did I know you’d be the first reply to my post?? Probably because you always are. Do you sit on this site 24 hours a day. There’s 800 numbers for you.

If you ever show your own research on any subject discussed on RP I’ll consider doing someone else’s job for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Use your fingers to count, there's your research right there.

Use a calculator it it helps.

Use a spreadsheet if it will put you over the top.

But in this instance peer review is easy.
    Thanks. And what research?? Everything introduced to the world starts at zero and goes up if successful. Streaming is obviously successful. The other half of research is watching football. Which apparently Vic doesn’t do because he lives on RP.

Hey Vic go read the game thread. Bet you won’t see any posts from me till after the game. Because I was there watching it.

Your purpose here is total BS

14. Default Re: ESPN + Viewership

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Bet you won’t see any posts from me till after the game. Because I was there watching it.
    RP gets a lot of posters from the game during the game.

They are all on the same ip address.

Usually its after the crowd thins out and their signal improves.

15. Default Re: ESPN + Viewership

Three posts and no research. I get the message. It was a hunch. A hunch will carry no weight. 150 or so post by you latter and we still on a hunch . . .

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information