Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Now on display at Ragin Cajun Red Zone

People Now on display at Ragin Cajun Red Zone

Your new and improved Barnes and Noble ran Ragin Cajun store folks. As you can see they are really in tuned as to what the fan wants.

https://twitter.com/agr7416cajun/sta...102981632?s=21

Default Re: Now on display at Ragin Cajun Red Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Your new and improved Barnes and Noble ran Ragin Cajun store folks. As you can see they are really in tuned as to what the fan wants.

What you may have missed is Dr. Maggard's response on Twitter that he doesn't make decisions on Cajun Branding and that he shares everyone's concern. Translation, he ain't happy about it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post

Saw some of these on Friday. The girl behind the counter was actually bragging that since B&N took over there would be no apparel with Lafayette anymore. I walked her over to every single article of clothing in those pictures and I asked “then what is all this?” She was speechless.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Saw some of these on Friday. The girl behind the counter was actually bragging that since B&N took over there would be no apparel with Lafayette anymore. I walked her over to every single article of clothing in those pictures and I asked “then what is all this?” She was speechless.
    If enough people walk in, ask for UL gear, then walk out, MAYBE someone will get the message. I lost my red Louisiana hat a few years back...and it had just gotten to the "worn" stage.

5. Default Re: Now on display at Ragin Cajun Red Zone

I need a new Louisiana cap for when baseball season starts.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    What you may have missed is Dr. Maggard's response on Twitter that he doesn't make decisions on Cajun Branding and that he shares everyone's concern. Translation, he ain't happy about it either.
    Who made the decision to have a 3rd party run the red zone store?

7. Default Re: Now on display at Ragin Cajun Red Zone

Who do these people report to? Get us a name and what department they are in,

Quote Originally Posted by Lafitte the Pirate View Post
    Who do these people report to? Get us a name and what department they are in,
    Maggard's suggestion was to call Jonathon Clark (337) 482-1322 (Store Manager). I would like to know how our relationship with B&N works in terms of if we want a new line pushed or certain items pulled.

We really need a store at the new stadium with regular business hours. Preferably run by the university.

And right next to it a sports bar with good food also open regular restaurant hours.

I did see Maggard s response. That’s what has me puzzled, the merchandisers have no clue of the schools effort of branding for the last 15 years. Fire them all and bring in people who know.

I told the poor girl to let the management know and administration know that alumni were ____ed at the selection this year and that ____ed off alumni don't give money to the school

13. Default Re: Now on display at Ragin Cajun Red Zone

Yep

Maggard's redirect response pretty much confirms something Ken Ardion hinted to me 20 years ago.

Louisiana Athletics has low to no input on something it should be the lead dog on.

Apparel sales should be reflected in the Athletic budget. Instead some other arm of the U is profiting from the athletic brand.

History, coupled with the design language tells me it's either academics or the Alumni Association. Again, based o something Ken Ardion hinted at decades ago.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Now on display at Ragin Cajun Red Zone

The sad part about this is the athletic receives all the royalties for apparel. Evidently, they have no say in what is approved. One thing that has been asked for and continually denied is gear with "Cajuns" on it, whether in script or just block lettering. We have so many alumni that would buy something with USL on it, but again, Martin Hall says NO.
    This is a big, NO HUGE, problem! We cannot continue to throw our history away. It is time for Martin Hall to get out of the way and listen to our alums and supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Yep

Maggard's redirect response pretty much confirms something Ken Ardion hinted to me 20 years ago.

Louisiana Athletics has low to no input on something it should be the lead dog on.

Apparel sales should be reflected in the Athletic budget. Instead some other arm of the U is profiting from the athletic brand.

History, coupled with the design language tells me it's either academics or the Alumni Association. Again, based o something Ken Ardion hinted at decades ago.
    Regardless of who gets the revenue from the apparel sales, the sales would be much higher if items that fans and alumni will actually buy is made available

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information