Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Meanwhile on FB....

1. Default Re: Meanwhile on FB....

Quote Originally Posted by ExecutiveCajun View Post
    if the app st student government can arrange 5 thousand students to join the private donor organization youre telling me we cant find a way to get 5 thousand regular working stiffs to join our foundation? it needs to be scrapped

someone please explain what do you get for being a rcaf donor. what is in it for the donor. everywhere else in this country the donor is rewarded in some way. what are we rewarded with
    I get a card and a bumper sticker. If I didn't have to donate to it, to get my season tickets, I'd not pay into it. There's no added benefit to being in the RCAF, in my opinion. It's just a money grab that gets pooled to be used by the powers in charge.

Default Re: Meanwhile on FB....

if the app st student government can arrange 5 thousand students to join the private donor organization youre telling me we cant find a way to get 5 thousand regular working stiffs to join our foundation? it needs to be scrapped

someone please explain what do you get for being a rcaf donor. what is in it for the donor. everywhere else in this country the donor is rewarded in some way. what are we rewarded with
    Don't forget App has won multiple National Championships....since the last one was in 2007 (?)...most current students were 3 to 5 years old...hmmm...

I look at it as helping the department stay competitive with salaries for coaches and staff. It's really the only reason RCAF is necessary, IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    I look at it as helping the department stay competitive with salaries for coaches and staff. It's really the only reason RCAF is necessary, IMO
    you are probably a diehard fan tho sir. you can not grow an organization structure with out a transactional relationship for the majority of people. human nature. there has to be a benefit worth giving. i dont necessarily disagree with requiring rcaf donations for season tix but if fans see it as a money grab they will never give above the minimum and you definitely wont attract the casual donor. i would bet most potential donors see the rcaf as a money grab with no actual benefit of membership

I've had my 2 season tickets and my Tailgate spot since 1998. I pay whatever it takes to keep them. Right now that is somewhere around $2000. I think the RCAF gets like half of that?

This is my limit with my finances. If those fees were less, I would get a couple more season tickets.

The benefit to this level of donation is ability to purchase C Lot parking. Which, for me, is meanigless because we park in our Tailgate spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun_in_NM View Post
    I get a card and a bumper sticker. If I didn't have to donate to it, to get my season tickets, I'd not pay into it. There's no added benefit to being in the RCAF, in my opinion. It's just a money grab that gets pooled to be used by the powers in charge.
    I can understand that view, but that money is important to the survival of the program and it's competitiveness. If you haven't noticed, college athletics has become a money grab period. But, if you want this program to remain competitive, then do a simple donation of $100. My son lives in the Dallas area and I've recently talked him in to donating $100 to RCAF for the same reason. It's a personal decision, but you can invest at a minimal level. I'm not doing it for the rewards.

7. Default Re: Meanwhile on FB....

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I can understand that view, but that money is important to the survival of the program and it's competitiveness. If you haven't noticed, college athletics has become a money grab period. But, if you want this program to remain competitive, then do a simple donation of $100. My son lives in the Dallas area and I've recently talked him in to donating $100 to RCAF for the same reason. It's a personal decision, but you can invest at a minimal level. I'm not doing it for the rewards.
    That's exactly what we do - as like your son. I'd give more, if I could, but we're trying to save money to start an engineering fund for future students. Funny how having kids makes you redistribute your finances...

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun_in_NM View Post
    That's exactly what we do - as like your son. I'd give more, if I could, but we're trying to save money to start an engineering fund for future students. Funny how having kids makes you redistribute your finances...
    That never stops brother, until after they graduate college, or get married afterwards as in my daughter's case! LOL!

What do you get as a member?

The opportunity to spend more money on parking passes.

10. Default Re: Meanwhile on FB....

It’s always good to have a parking pass.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    It’s always good to have a parking pass.
    It is nice not having to worry where you’ll end up on game day.

I drive 1.5 hour one way, most times sleep in the Hilton Garden Inn the night after the game. Then drive another 1.5 hour back home next day. Sometimes I drive there and back in one night. I would call myself a die hard committed fan though. Just wish we had more like me and most on this board in Lafayette and surrounding Acadiana area.
    That being said, our die hard fans are great fans. Let’s just keep growing the brand and winning.

My overall experience is good when I go to Cajun games. Not perfect but what is?

I promise you LSU games are miserable to go to with all those people packed in there and outside the stadium. You talk about a cluster to get out of that place.

UL games are family friendly and cheap to go to compared to other places.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post

I promise you LSU games are miserable to go to with all those people packed in there and outside the stadium. You talk about a cluster to get out of that place.
    That’s why people don’t go to their games anymore - it’s too crowded…

Do we know what the 5,000 students get for being a member of their organization? It’d be interesting to learn what the benefit is for the student.

it is a new problem for the hospitality industry. what about catering companies that used to make money in the oilfield? I bet they need the work
    That would be a world class mistake.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information