Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Meanwhile on FB....

Default Re: Meanwhile on FB....

Quote Originally Posted by jric116 View Post
    There are several outside vendors at the football games. I believe they are staffed by the vendors. Don't remember the names of all of them, but I think there are at least 6. Most are located on the student side. We bought meat pies, boudin and boudin balls pulled pork nachos and pulled pork sandwiches. Thought the price was reasonable and the quality was good
    This is the only solution that will work. Unless people are working for themselves they won't work nearly as hard. And in a venue like you guys are speaking, only people who own the concession permit & are working for themselves will work hard enough to handle the chaos of a football game.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I can understand that view, but that money is important to the survival of the program and it's competitiveness. If you haven't noticed, college athletics has become a money grab period. But, if you want this program to remain competitive, then do a simple donation of $100. My son lives in the Dallas area and I've recently talked him in to donating $100 to RCAF for the same reason. It's a personal decision, but you can invest at a minimal level. I'm not doing it for the rewards.
    So listening to everyone's take, they all have a good point of view. So let me ask this question. Why does the university have to be tied to one booster club? I mean does the university have just one fraternity, or sorority? Why not open up the school to a students booster club & a regular fans booster club. You could put a band & vendors with portolets outside the parking area around the stadium & people come in to park they get automatic member status. Pay 10 bucks to park & have a band on a band stand with vendors charging good cheap prices for hot dogs, burgers cold drinks & beer. People could bring their folding chairs & sashe up a couple of hours before the game & do their own thing. You could even start the band & the cheer leaders on Cajundome blvd. at the base of the extra parking lot & have them march to meet the football team & do a jig then the fight song before making the Cajun walk into the field. Advertise the day as an adventure & have places where the kids could play flag football & even have former players come out that way & sign autographs.

Instead of making the festivities exclusive, make them inclusive to everyone & let everyone know they are invited to be part of the Ragin Cajun experience. An experience better than any other in the country. UL is actually in a unique position to be able to do this. Then limit crowd size to 40,000 people Max. Whoever comes into this job needs to have two attributes. They have to want what's best for the school. And they have to think BIG.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    So listening to everyone's take, they all have a good point of view. So let me ask this question. Why does the university have to be tied to one booster club? I mean does the university have just one fraternity, or sorority? Why not open up the school to a students booster club & a regular fans booster club. You could put a band & vendors with portolets outside the parking area around the stadium & people come in to park they get automatic member status. Pay 10 bucks to park & have a band on a band stand with vendors charging good cheap prices for hot dogs, burgers cold drinks & beer. People could bring their folding chairs & sashe up a couple of hours before the game & do their own thing. You could even start the band & the cheer leaders on Cajundome blvd. at the base of the extra parking lot & have them march to meet the football team & do a jig then the fight song before making the Cajun walk into the field. Advertise the day as an adventure & have places where the kids could play flag football & even have former players come out that way & sign autographs.

Instead of making the festivities exclusive, make them inclusive to everyone & let everyone know they are invited to be part of the Ragin Cajun experience. An experience better than any other in the country. UL is actually in a unique position to be able to do this. Then limit crowd size to 40,000 people Max. Whoever comes into this job needs to have two attributes. They have to want what's best for the school. And they have to think BIG.
    I agree this needs to be done

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information