Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Meanwhile on FB....

Default Re: Meanwhile on FB....

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Acadian Slice, Best Stop, KOK Wings, and a BBQ guy with pulled pork and stuff
    Why wouldn’t they have them on the home side? Definitely need to bring more in.

why are these options not available on the home side

Quote Originally Posted by ExecutiveCajun View Post
    why are these options not available on the home side
    Probably pooled together whatever small staff Sodexo has in order to do traditional concessions on the home side in a more efficient way.

I will say if Sodexo is still offering bagged nachos with a cup of cheese to go to the student side for that BBQ dude’s nachos.

I'm willing to bet a good number of people in the comments on that page have yet to attend a game this year. We obviously have serious issues with attendance and many other things. I can go on all day about that. But it really grinds my gears to see people complain and talk $h@t on the program when they refuse to show up themselves.

5. Default Re: Meanwhile on FB....

How dare anyone say a peep about why they are not going to games.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    I'm willing to bet a good number of people in the comments on that page have yet to attend a game this year. We obviously have serious issues with attendance and many other things. I can go on all day about that. But it really grinds my gears to see people complain and talk $h@t on the program when they refuse to show up themselves.
    I have already made it twice. Drove over 4 hours for both games.

I wish I could switch with someone that lives in Lafayette that has weekends off. My family comes first.

7. Default Re: Meanwhile on FB....

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    I have already made it twice. Drove over 4 hours for both games.

I wish I could switch with someone that lives in Lafayette that has weekends off. My family comes first.
    So regarding people who live in Lafayette, their family does not come first?

I did not realize that is how it works.

8. Default Re: Meanwhile on FB....

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Obviously not.

If family came first, the whole family would be at the game where they belong.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    I did not realize that is how it works.
    Guess what I am trying to say is I can’t make every home game because I work on the weekends, and I live 4 hours away.

Now I manage to make both games so far. I am just saying if I have to choose between having a job, or going to a football game?

Well I want to go to the football game, I have to work to make a living in that regard my family comes first.

Never wanted to move from Lafayette I loved it, but in the end what I had to do for my family

I just wish I lived in Lafayette with weekends off, I be out there every weekend.

My dream when I retire is to get an RV and go to every home game, and travel to all the away games and tailgate at each one.

Some of y’all don’t know how lucky y’all are.To me that’s the dream.

This will be me when I finally get to do that.

Name:  90231C21-80F2-483E-999F-80FE89A2E640.gif
Views: 361
Size:  1.88 MB

I’ll make another observation. Lafayette, Lake Charles or anywhere in Louisiana mostly blue collared workers. This is the majority of people, and your fan base. They are not going to spend 1000 dollars to get a tailgating spot all year long or get season tickets because there job comes first.

To me if you want to increase attendance you better cater to this group. That’s why we need to make it like a Festival because not everyone can make every home game .

12. Default Re: Meanwhile on FB....

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    I’ll make another observation. Lafayette, Lake Charles or anywhere in Louisiana mostly blue collared workers. This is the majority of people, and your fan base. They are not going to spend 1000 dollars to get a tailgating spot all year long or get season tickets because there job comes first.

To me if you want to increase attendance you better cater to this group. That’s why we need to make it like a Festival because not everyone can make every home game .
    Good point

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Good point
    Yep. I believe we've seen over the last deacade that any downturn in the oilfield and/or increased inflation decimates our fanbase. We simply do not have enough top to mid-level fans/donors to not be affected by downturns.

A strategic withdrawl from the RCAF model of fees just might be required until the situation changes. Plus, the University would receive empathy points for helping the working man enjoy Louisiana athletics during these backwards times.

I'll agree on that point, RCAF needs to be torn down and built over with a seat at the table for the folks who want to give something, its just not a number with a comma...Save Room for recent grads and current students too. Don't just make it about the $5000 and up donors...RCAF should not be an exclusive club for those making mid 6 figures.

if the app st student government can arrange 5 thousand students to join the private donor organization youre telling me we cant find a way to get 5 thousand regular working stiffs to join our foundation? it needs to be scrapped

someone please explain what do you get for being a rcaf donor. what is in it for the donor. everywhere else in this country the donor is rewarded in some way. what are we rewarded with

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information