Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mountaineer Madness

Default Re: Mountaineer Madness

wish we had that problem

Yup.the powers that be even tried to have order when UL won the SBC CG last fall. Nothing spontaneous is allowed. Goal posts are expensive ya know.

And that's why they can't have nice things.

But that being said, wouldn't it be nice to see students pack Hebrard Blvd. after beating someone like FSU.

They're passionate about their team on that there mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by ExecutiveCajun View Post
    wish we had that problem
    We could if our AD would get off his Azz and start scheduling games that have SOME meaning.With all the momentum coming out of last year.nothing of note is getting done. Plenty of teams in the region will do a one for one deal, schedules are wide azz open starting in 2024. SMU? TCU? Houston? Army? I'm not a big donor, big TG're, etc, I'm just a fanbut this BS with everything outside of what goes on on the field is a big dissapointment. A Very Big Disapointment.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    We could if our AD would get off his Azz and start scheduling games that have SOME meaning.With all the momentum coming out of last year.nothing of note is getting done. Plenty of teams in the region will do a one for one deal, schedules are wide azz open starting in 2024. SMU? TCU? Houston? Army? I'm not a big donor, big TG're, etc, I'm just a fanbut this BS with everything outside of what goes on on the field is a big dissapointment. A Very Big Disapointment.
    Agreed. VERY DISAPPOINTING. OOC home schedule next year is pathetic, NW ST and New Mexico St does nothing to create any interest. Only Tulane in 24 may spark some interest in near future. Plenty of opportunities to improve home schedule beginning in 24 forward. If we don't, you will continue to see poor home attendance. I have seen us fail to capitalize on our success time & time again over my 50 years of being a supporter. Sadly, I am the point to where I don't see much hope that this will ever change. We finally have a winning program, Top 20 finish, yet you barely hear anything promoting our success from this administration. And you wonder why only 16k show up?? We need someone dynamic to promote, raise funds for this program. As a former coach said, we need to get out in the community and make the average fan feel like they are apart of our program, not just the big money people.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunref View Post
    Agreed. VERY DISAPPOINTING. OOC home schedule next year is pathetic, NW ST and New Mexico St does nothing to create any interest. Only Tulane in 24 may spark some interest in near future. Plenty of opportunities to improve home schedule beginning in 24 forward. If we don't, you will continue to see poor home attendance. I have seen us fail to capitalize on our success time & time again over my 50 years of being a supporter. Sadly, I am the point to where I don't see much hope that this will ever change. We finally have a winning program, Top 20 finish, yet you barely hear anything promoting our success from this administration. And you wonder why only 16k show up?? We need someone dynamic to promote, raise funds for this program. As a former coach said, we need to get out in the community and make the average fan feel like they are apart of our program, not just the big money people.
    I’m with you 100%. It’s crazy that 16k is the number for a town the size of Lafayette. The masses have to be targeted not just the money people. COA is definitely in play, but the student athlete doesn’t want to play in front of a less than half filled stadium.

Y’all remember back in the day when we beat Texas A&M

I remember the cops tried to guard the goal post and when they saw all this people coming they just went to the other goal post

Good Times!! Here is the video watch!!
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lvLXi_8GRvs

I was like 9 when that happen I was hooked I been a Cajun Fan since! It was wild when we beat Texas A&M

I was on the rail and the cop looked at me and told me not to jump the rail. I looked back and an avalanche of humanity was coming my way. I looked at him and said I had no choice. Great times!

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    And that's why they can't have nice things.

But that being said, wouldn't it be nice to see students pack Hebrard Blvd. after beating someone like FSU.

They're passionate about their team on that there mountain.
    Unfortunately our campus is a ghost town on weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunref View Post
    If App, Coastal, So Miss, Marshall, Ga So, Troy, So Al, Ark St. don't draw interest then a couple of OOC games won't fix our problems. If you are a football fan and can not get excited about the current conference we are in then you are just not paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    If App, Coastal, So Miss, Marshall, Ga So, Troy, So Al, Ark St. don't draw interest then a couple of OOC games won't fix our problems. If you are a football fan and can not get excited about the current conference we are in then you are just not paying attention.
    Then maybe we should just throw in the towel and get used to a half full CF, after the renovationsCould be worse, we could continue seating 15k in a 41k stadium.

Hell lets build a 16,500 seat stadium at least it would be full. I'm sure we have all the funding for that! I really do miss the Hud days man he sure brought people in. The last two home games still wouldn't fill the stadium combined 31,000 and some change combined what a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Amen

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information