Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Not the power 5 now I call them the privillaged 5

Louisiana Not the power 5 now I call them the privillaged 5

IT's amazing when you have an unranked Florida team gbut the spoo from not ranked to #12 in the country then you have like this past weekend APP ST goes to TEXAS A&M and beats the #6 AGGIES and an unbeaten Marshall goes to #7 Notre Dame and beats them while you still have an undefeated Louisiana riding the longest winning streak in the country and not one of them in the top 25? Now as much as I love my Cajuns and would love to see them back in the top 25 it's a slap in the face that especially Marshall is not in the top 25 for all they done so for. I say the athletes are not the only ones who need to be drug tested but the sport writers who can say LSU 47 in the power polls is better than an undefeated Louisiana team at 51 either they are high or retarded.

2. Default Re: Not the power 5 now I call them the privillaged 5

I don't disagree that App/Marshall should be ranked, but I don't have much faith in the AP Poll anymore. We should be much more upset if the CFP Polls slight the Sunbelt though. Massey Composite index (https://masseyratings.com/cf/compare.htm) has us ahead of LSU and for that matter, FSU.

Default Re: Not the power 5 now I call them the privillaged 5

thank you for the clarification was looking at the cbs polls for every team also with all these impressive wins what is the sunbelt rank out of the ten conferences right now hoping for 5 but most likely 6

4. Default Re: Not the power 5 now I call them the privillaged 5

https://masseyratings.com/cf/fbs/ratings?c=1

If you remove the conference divisions, Sunbelt is ranked 6/10 on Massey

The polls cater to the privileged five. Now that Covid is considered a non factor, there is only so much room for the “all you others”, much less multiples from one conference, among the bacon wrapped shrimp crowd that vote for the elites.

I can’t wait for the “Bottom Ten” this week.

Am I reading this right? Massey has us as the 2nd highest rated G5?

I only see Cincy ahead of us, unless I am reading this wrong.

7. Default Re: Not the power 5 now I call them the privillaged 5

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Am I reading this right? Massey has us as the 2nd highest rated G5?

I only see Cincy ahead of us, unless I am reading this wrong.
    Yes, Massey has only Cincy G5 ahead of us.
    The composite has Cincy, Air Force, and App St ahead of us.

Quote Originally Posted by cajungrad2001 View Post
    the sport writers who can say LSU 47 in the power polls is better than an undefeated Louisiana team at 51 either they are high or retarded.
    We’ll get our chance to make that point vs Florida State in November. LSU lost to them by a blocked PAT.

So we need to win that game to have that argument.

And we play Marshall before that next month.

So we are solid top 4 in G5 BEFORE we play the best teams on our schedule.

I see what you're saying and I'm with you. However, I understand not ranking them. Yes, the bias is real. If Marshall was in any conference outside of the G5 they are in and they are ranked in the in the 25-15 range. App? Maybe not as they are 1-1, but they'd be closer than they are now if they were in the ACC.

They are both knocking on the door, though. If they both play well and get wins this week, they should be in next week.

But no, there is no way a G5 team that finished 8-4 (#6 TAMU) much less 4-8 (#14 USC) the year before would be close to being ranked preseason. We have to earn it and Marshall and App are in a position to do that.

As far as the Cajuns are concerned, I don't think anyone that has watched them is sold on us being a top 25 yet. Even after all of those wins in a row. Maybe make a run and beat some better teams, but not right now.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    I see what you're saying and I'm with you. However, I understand not ranking them. Yes, the bias is real. If Marshall was in any conference outside of the G5 they are in and they are ranked in the in the 25-15 range. App? Maybe not as they are 1-1, but they'd be closer than they are now if they were in the ACC.

They are both knocking on the door, though. If they both play well and get wins this week, they should be in next week.

But no, there is no way a G5 team that finished 8-4 (#6 TAMU) much less 4-8 (#14 USC) the year before would be close to being ranked preseason. We have to earn it and Marshall and App are in a position to do that.

As far as the Cajuns are concerned, I don't think anyone that has watched them is sold on us being a top 25 yet. Even after all of those wins in a row. Maybe make a run and beat some better teams, but not right now.
    The rankings only matter in the end!

12. Default Re: Not the power 5 now I call them the privillaged 5

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    The rankings only matter in the end!
    100%

Except the rankings at the end are highly influenced by the rankings at the beginning.

This is where a public relations dept. earns it's keep.

Quote Originally Posted by cajungrad2001 View Post
    IT's amazing when you have an unranked Florida team gbut the spoo from not ranked to #12 in the country then you have like this past weekend APP ST goes to TEXAS A&M and beats the #6 AGGIES and an unbeaten Marshall goes to #7 Notre Dame and beats them while you still have an undefeated Louisiana riding the longest winning streak in the country and not one of them in the top 25? Now as much as I love my Cajuns and would love to see them back in the top 25 it's a slap in the face that especially Marshall is not in the top 25 for all they done so for. I say the athletes are not the only ones who need to be drug tested but the sport writers who can say LSU 47 in the power polls is better than an undefeated Louisiana team at 51 either they are high or retarded.
    You can't use the term high, or retarded any more. It's not politically correct. Check the in game thread for more information.

14. Default Re: Not the power 5 now I call them the privillaged 5

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    You can't use the term high, or retarded any more. It's not politically correct. Check the in game thread for more information.
    I know this sounds intellectually disabled on my part but words have defined definitions.

Well defined words that paint an uncomfortable picture are being replaced by less defined words or phrases.

What the elevated and mighty fail to comprehend is that words are ultimately defined by everyday interaction.

Meaning: For the next generation, the mental picture the replacement words paint, will be identical to the words they replace today.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

Meaning: For the next generation, the mental picture the replacement words paint, will be identical to the words they replace today.
    Actually what you said makes perfect sense. You just have to dive down to about 200' deep to get it. The problem is the word police want us to all have to live in the 200' end all day long. BTW, did you know it is no longer politically correct to call the main bedroom in your house the Master suite, or the owner's suite as it might offend someone's sensitivity. You must now call the biggest bedroom the primary suite. I'm surprised no one has gotten upset about calling them bedrooms, You know what that can connotate.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information