Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Not the power 5 now I call them the privillaged 5

Default Re: Not the power 5 now I call them the privillaged 5

Back to the polls. They Suck the big hairy wet one.

2. Default Re: Not the power 5 now I call them the privillaged 5

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Back to the polls. They Suck the big hairy wet one.
    This very well may be the very first mustache after a foamy beer reference on RP.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    This very well may be the very first mustache after a foamy beer reference on RP.
    man, how'd you guess?

Quote Originally Posted by jp3cajuns View Post
    I don't disagree that App/Marshall should be ranked, but I don't have much faith in the AP Poll anymore. We should be much more upset if the CFP Polls slight the Sunbelt though. Massey Composite index (https://masseyratings.com/cf/compare.htm) has us ahead of LSU and for that matter, FSU.
    Sorry, but this looks like something stolen from Mike the pillow guy's cyber symposium.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    I see what you're saying and I'm with you. However, I understand not ranking them. Yes, the bias is real. If Marshall was in any conference outside of the G5 they are in and they are ranked in the in the 25-15 range. App? Maybe not as they are 1-1, but they'd be closer than they are now if they were in the ACC.

They are both knocking on the door, though. If they both play well and get wins this week, they should be in next week.

But no, there is no way a G5 team that finished 8-4 (#6 TAMU) much less 4-8 (#14 USC) the year before would be close to being ranked preseason. We have to earn it and Marshall and App are in a position to do that.

As far as the Cajuns are concerned, I don't think anyone that has watched them is sold on us being a top 25 yet. Even after all of those wins in a row. Maybe make a run and beat some better teams, but not right now.
    UL finished last year at #16 and had several fortunate and sometimes ugly wins, but kept winning and stayed in the polls. So, we lose our coach and several key players, yet we continue to win. So far, 1.5 games have been ugly, but we exploded in the last half and remain undefeated with the nation's longest winning streak. So, what changed from how we ended last year? Nothing. Only expectations from the media and a total bias for P5 schools. That is so obvious with how our conference is being treated now with the impressive wins this past weekend. Guess we will just have to keep winning and hope for more P5 losses that will let us back into the Top 25. Probably the only way we get there. Hate to have to wait for Florida State at the end of the year. A lot of football to be played between then and now. Can't let up.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    UL finished last year at #16 and had several fortunate and sometimes ugly wins, but kept winning and stayed in the polls. So, we lose our coach and several key players, yet we continue to win. So far, 1.5 games have been ugly, but we exploded in the last half and remain undefeated with the nation's longest winning streak. So, what changed from how we ended last year? Nothing. Only expectations from the media and a total bias for P5 schools. That is so obvious with how our conference is being treated now with the impressive wins this past weekend. Guess we will just have to keep winning and hope for more P5 losses that will let us back into the Top 25. Probably the only way we get there. Hate to have to wait for Florida State at the end of the year. A lot of football to be played between then and now. Can't let up.
    It's almost too bad the half of the game they played poorly in was the first half. I imagine the lightning delay caused any interested observers with voting power to turn somewhere else. But no one is supposed to judge a team on a half of football.

Actually what you said makes perfect sense. You just have to dive down to about 200' deep to get it. The problem is the word police want us to all have to live in the 200' end all day long. BTW, did you know it is no longer politically correct to call the main bedroom in your house the Master suite, or the owner's suite as it might offend someone's sensitivity. You must now call the biggest bedroom the primary suite. I'm surprised no one has gotten upset about calling them bedrooms, You know what that can connotate.
    I call guns cordless hole punchers.

NCAA Re: Not the power 5 now I call them the privillaged 5

You can't use the term high, or retarded any more. It's not politically correct. Check the in game thread for more information.
    Okay Kyle how about this MENTALLY CHALLENGED LOL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information