Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Scheduling: I would hate to be Maggard right now

1. UL Football Scheduling: I would hate to be Maggard right now

I would hate to Maggard trying to schedule future games right now.

• The #1 thing you can offer a future opponent is Strength of Schedule value. With that fact in mind UL's current SOS of 130 leaves Maggard with nothing to offer opponents.

• It helps if they think they can beat you. With UL charging through a 15-game winning streak, Maggard's position is way to strong.

• Related to the first but more on the financial end.UL will never get top dollar from a P5 road game if they can't offer Strength of Schedule.

Louisiana needs to schedule multiple P5 games every year. 3 or 4 during the independant portion of the schedule.

Once Louisiana has real SOS track record to offer opponents, P5 teams will be approaching UL about 1-for-1 home-n-home games.

Default Re: Scheduling: I would hate to Maggard right now

we will never improve our home schedule until BM starts agreeing to 2 for 1s

It feels, with few exceptions in the coming seasons, that our future and curent schedules are a "race to the bottom"...again, why we aren't taking the same steps with our conference mates with that overwhelming popular scheduling they utilize is beyond just a 2 for 1 argument ...something else is at play here...

Y'all remember when we had the Mississippi state game and a bunch of y'all was complaining because we had 5 home games and we still was charged the same price for season tickets like it was a six game season. Those 2 for ones and 3 for ones come at a price. There's no guarantee that it's gonna be a nice sunny day when these P5 guys finally do return the trip.

Now that we are a hot commodity more of our games will be moved to week nights. 5 home games and 2 or 3 getting moved for ESPN means only 2 home Saturday games on some years. Don't get me wrong I'm all for occasional 2 for 1 to get a P5 here. Just don't want to see us hurt the program just to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post
    ..Don't get me wrong I'm all for occasional 2 for 1 to get a P5 here. Just don't want to see us hurt the program just to do it.
    Weak non-conference schedules hurt the Program more than losing a Home game.

Future home schedules have Tulane, Tech, Tulsa and Mcneese. All improvements over this year.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Future home schedules have Tulane, Tech, Tulsa and Mcneese. All improvements over this year.
    That's great scheduling. It would be even better if a P5 school was in that list. We CAN do both.

tulane tech and mcneese will bring a crowd but sos is not improved at all

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Scheduling: I would hate to Maggard right now

Y'all realize, our SOS WILL improve when we beat App. State and Marshall...

#cULture
    #WeAreLouisiana
    #GeauxCajuns
    #BeatRice

10. Default Re: Scheduling: I would hate to Maggard right now

Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post
    Y'all remember when we had the Mississippi state game and a bunch of y'all was complaining because we had 5 home games and we still was charged the same price for season tickets like it was a six game season. Those 2 for ones and 3 for ones come at a price. There's no guarantee that it's gonna be a nice sunny day when these P5 guys finally do return the trip.

Now that we are a hot commodity more of our games will be moved to week nights. 5 home games and 2 or 3 getting moved for ESPN means only 2 home Saturday games on some years. Don't get me wrong I'm all for occasional 2 for 1 to get a P5 here. Just don't want to see us hurt the program just to do it.
    After Louisiana establishes itself as a SoS school, all the P5s will be clamoring for a home and home.

ESPN will not be putting those games on a Thursday.

Default Re: Scheduling: I would hate to be Maggard right now

While our SOS sucks. Our program wouldn’t hurt a p5’s SOS.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    After Louisiana establishes itself as a SoS school, all the P5s will be clamoring for a home and home.

ESPN will not be putting those games on a Thursday.
    They moved our Oklahoma state game to Friday. They would do it again if they need to and we are a better name and draw now than we were then

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    Y'all realize, our SOS WILL improve when we beat App. State and Marshall...

#cULture
    #WeAreLouisiana
    #GeauxCajuns
    #BeatRice
    Once App and Marshall both get on our schedule...for now, it's Marshall...maybe next year...

14. Default Re: Scheduling: I would hate to be Maggard right now

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    While our SOS sucks. Our program wouldn’t hurt a p5’s SOS.
    Wouldn't have mattered in the past, but with a tripling of the number of teams who can make the playoffs, SoS scheduling will be at a premium, even for the P5 schools.

Default Re: Scheduling: I would hate to be Maggard right now

Fellas, a lot of brain farts happening here........ Playing UL improves our opponents SOS.

Last 4 years we have been a solid top 5 G5 to schedule for SOS

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information