Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Scheduling: I would hate to be Maggard right now

Default Re: Scheduling: I would hate to be Maggard right now

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I'd call UNC. They've shown they are not afraid to go on road to play G5's. In the last few years they've played ECU, App State and Ga State on the road. Not sure what the terms of those contracts are but they've shown they'll travel.
    I believe those are all 2 for 1's...a no no in Maggard land...

2. Default Re: Scheduling: I would hate to be Maggard right now

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    Can anyone say what UL’s sos will be in 5 or 10 years?
    Under the current formula by the administration, there is no way.

There are ways to schedule with a greater degree of certainty that the SOS will be higher.

FSU has been down a while (one winning season since 2015) and they were desperate for a guaranteed win.

Quote Originally Posted by Atown cajun View Post
    Do you really think the Necksters will be FCS?
    Just look at C-DOA and tell me how they survive. Is Liberty gonna keep paying for the other 7-11 teams to just have a conference to play in. The only other decent school that will be left is UTEP but they've been on an island by themselves for so long their football suffered big time. Even if they do come back it won't be enough to offset Tarleton St. Wky Mtsu and Fiu, mediocre at best and will only suffer more after AAC 6 leave.

Latex second lowest budget, can't pay COA so don't even ask about NIL. They lived off of transfer QBs but no one gonna wanna go to Ruston knowing they gonna get killed behind a weak line. Willie Roaf 2.0 won't be lining up for them. We started closing that door with Hud and slammed it shut with Nape. Soon, the turds are gonna have to take a long hard look at themselves and decide how much longer they want to limp along.

Only thing left in Ruston worth anything is the uniforms. They got some nice unis.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Dude, these schedules aren't made 2 weeks before the season starts! LoL! They are made years in advance, and there's no way to determine what a team's SOS will be then. There are way more important factors looked at than SOS.
    And wasn’t St Peter’s a last minute fill-in?

6. Default Re: Scheduling: I would hate to be Maggard right now

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Only thing left in Ruston worth anything is the uniforms. They got some nice unis.
    And their FEMA parks

7. Default Re: Scheduling: I would hate to be Maggard right now

Oklahoma State has an opening in 2028

8. Default Re: Scheduling: I would hate to be Maggard right now

Good work overnight. Only one that is 100% man can do that.

9. Default Re: Scheduling: I would hate to be Maggard right now

I believe I might be correct here. We still owe an away game at New Mexico St. the one we lost during Covid 19.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    I believe those are all 2 for 1's...a no no in Maggard land...
    So, how do you ever get to schedule P5 schools.? It's a Catch 22. We won't do 2 for 1 with P5's, so we don't play them. We don't get the recognition unless we play and beat P5 schools, which we can't get because we don't play them. The P5's have all the money and make the rules. We need to schedule 1 FCS to start the season (preferably against instate FCS schools), 1 FBS and 2 P5's (like App State did this year). If it takes 2 for 1, so be it. Just winning the SBC and beating an FBS school in a minor bowl game will not move the needle with the Polls or our fans.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    So, how do you ever get to schedule P5 schools.? It's a Catch 22. We won't do 2 for 1 with P5's, so we don't play them. We don't get the recognition unless we play and beat P5 schools, which we can't get because we don't play them. The P5's have all the money and make the rules. We need to schedule 1 FCS to start the season (preferably against instate FCS schools), 1 FBS and 2 P5's (like App State did this year). If it takes 2 for 1, so be it. Just winning the SBC and beating an FBS school in a minor bowl game will not move the needle with the Polls or our fans.
    I'm starting to fall in line with this thinking. What good is a 6th home game if it's against the likes of Nicholls or SLU? I think I'd rather travel and experience a better game environment, anyway.

12. Default Re: Scheduling: I would hate to be Maggard right now

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Louisiana should never ever ever keep a slot open for FCS schools unless the happen to be an FCS school.

Louisiana should keep a slot open for in state schools which includes FCS, LSU, Tulane and Tech. That should make for a 9 year rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    Louisiana should never ever ever keep a slot open for FCS schools unless the happen to be an FCS school.

Louisiana should keep a slot open for in state schools which includes FCS, LSU, Tulane and Tech. That should make for a 9 year rotation.
    Only problem would be losing a guaranteed home game every year, which we would need if we go to multiple P5s per year.

14. Default Re: Scheduling: I would hate to be Maggard right now

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Only problem would be losing a guaranteed home game every year, which we would need if we go to multiple P5s per year.
    Under the In-State slot scenario, Louisiana would lose a home game every 9 years with LSU and every 18 years with Tech and Tulane.

15. Default Re: Scheduling: I would hate to be Maggard right now

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Under the In-State slot scenario, Louisiana would lose a home game every 9 years with LSU and every 18 years with Tech and Tulane.
    That looks like fuzzy math

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information