Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Scheduling: I would hate to be Maggard right now

1. Default Re: Scheduling: I would hate to be Maggard right now

In my view SoS will matter more than ever.

Default Re: Scheduling: I would hate to be Maggard right now

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    In that case, lucky we are filled up for a couple years . . .
    That was my other point. You’d be scheduling for 4/5 years Down the road. So does our current SOS matter?

3. Default Re: Scheduling: I would hate to be Maggard right now

On a bright note, SoS is the secret sauce to getting any P5 to The Swamp.

My uneducated guess is it would take 10 years of consistent scheduling to reach normalcy.

I’ll be honest. I’m about over.
    Attendance issues
    Quality opponents
    And any other crap outside of watching football.

When this 12 team playoff starts. We got to run the table to get there. And if we do Cajun field will have plenty people at that point.

5. Default Re: Scheduling: I would hate to be Maggard right now

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    On a bright note, SoS is the secret sauce to getting any P5 to The Swamp.

My uneducated guess is it would take 10 years of consistent scheduling to reach normalcy.
    Normalcy?

6. Default Re: Scheduling: I would hate to be Maggard right now

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Normalcy?
    Home-and-Home against any team in the country simply because they benifit greatly by playing you.

7. Default Re: Scheduling: I would hate to be Maggard right now

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    We are not the 130th ranked team in the country. We have the 130th ranked schedule(preseason) it will change as the year goes on. Current SOS is probably decent. We played a ranked fcs and a bowl team from last year.
    Thank you for pointing out (preseason). If the Belt continues to play well, we will be no where near 130 in strength of schedule. Florida State already beat LA State so that helps as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    130 is 130 no matter how they compile it.

No one should ever schedule a team that has a 130 strength of schedule.

Do you remember what happened to Louisiana's post season potential after it scheduled the lowest SoS baseball team in the coumtry?
    We dumped Wyoming to play current Sagarin 140's LTURd. Same guys moaning SoS praised the move.

My 2nd home is in Wyoming so I wasn't pleased......but playing the weaker team somehow had merit then.

Fact.....Most teams on schedule this year are trending well above last year.

I’ll be honest. I’m about over.
    Attendance issues
    Quality opponents
    And any other crap outside of watching football.

When this 12 team playoff starts. We got to run the table to get there. And if we do Cajun field will have plenty people at that point.
    When the 12 team playoff starts, no G5 will necessarily have to run the table and go undefeated. We will just need to be one of the top 6 ranked Conference Champions! The Cajuns are pretty close to that right now and Cincinnati is moving to the Big XII. So that takes them out unless they win the Big XII. A few others will also be moving to the Big XII.

Like you, I'm no longer wasting my time worrying about attendance, it is what it is and I enjoy going to the games to watch the Cajuns, regardless of the opponent. I'll let others do the complaining because I'm getting too old to worry about things I can't control.

We are not the 130th ranked team in the country. We have the 130th ranked schedule(preseason) it will change as the year goes on. Current SOS is probably decent. We played a ranked fcs and a bowl team from last year.
    Give it up, you can't have this discussion with someone who doesn't even understand this simple point.

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    We dumped Wyoming to play current Sagarin 140's LTURd. Same guys moaning SoS praised the move.

My 2nd home is in Wyoming so I wasn't pleased......but playing the weaker team somehow had merit then.

Fact.....Most teams on schedule this year are trending well above last year.
    Poli coming with the straight Fax. The turd will be FCS in a few years. They can join Southern and Grambling in the state school rotation to visit here. We need and can get more home and homes with Wyoming and better schools.

I'd like us to be more creative maybe a four game series spread over ten years with someone like Texas Tech. Home and home and one game in Dallas and one in New Orleans.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post
    Poli coming with the straight Fax. The turd will be FCS in a few years. They can join Southern and Grambling in the state school rotation to visit here. We need and can get more home and homes with Wyoming and better schools.

I'd like us to be more creative maybe a four game series spread over ten years with someone like Texas Tech. Home and home and one game in Dallas and one in New Orleans.
    Maggard would never go for it....just because he's Maggard...

13. Default Re: Scheduling: I would hate to be Maggard right now

Wait, that's not right . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post

Do you really think the Necksters will be FCS?

Quote Originally Posted by Atown cajun View Post
    Do you really think the Necksters will be FCS?
    I do agree in that scheduling h/h with CUSA or MAC makes no sense going forward. Our peer conference is now the MWC and a handful of teams in the future AAC. Our non conf OOC games that arent P5 absolutely must be at this level.

Still bummed we dropped Wyoming for freakin' LTURd.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information