Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Scheduling: I would hate to be Maggard right now

1. Default Re: Scheduling: I would hate to be Maggard right now

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    Fellas, a lot of brain farts happening here........ Playing UL improves our opponents SOS.

Last 4 years we have been a solid top 5 G5 to schedule for SOS
    Regardless of record, scheduling the 130th ranked team in the country is not good for opponents SoS.

Default Re: Scheduling: I would hate to be Maggard right now

We should also schedule a service academy each year

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Regardless of record, scheduling the 130th ranked team in the country is not good for opponents SoS.
    We are not the 130th ranked team in the country. We have the 130th ranked schedule(preseason) it will change as the year goes on. Current SOS is probably decent. We played a ranked fcs and a bowl team from last year.

4. Default Re: Scheduling: I would hate to be Maggard right now

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    We are not the 130th ranked team in the country. We have the 130th ranked schedule(preseason) it will change as the year goes on. Current SOS is probably decent. We played a ranked fcs and a bowl team from last year.
    Research. Where is your research if you are going to go against the posted state of things?

5. Default Re: Scheduling: I would hate to be Maggard right now

This isn’t basketball, I’m pretty sure FCS teams carry zero ratings be they NDS or Mississippi Valley.

6. Default Re: Scheduling: I would hate to be Maggard right now

You are taking my comment out of context, you know we were discussing SoS ranking not traditional ranking.

Point is if Maggard is negotiating this summer and fall he has a 130 ranking in hand as leverage. ... even though it will change.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    This isn’t basketball, I’m pretty sure FCS teams carry zero ratings be they NDS or Mississippi Valley.
    Well if that’s not taken into account then the basis of this thread and the fact it would be used in scheduling negotiations is pretty weak.

You think we would have beaten NDSU the way we played in the first 2 games??

Well if that’s not taken into account then the basis of this thread and the fact it would be used in scheduling negotiations is pretty weak.

Watch NDSU beat Arizona this weekend.

You are taking my comment out of context, you know we were discussing SoS ranking not traditional ranking.

Point is if Maggard is negotiating this summer and fall he has a 130 ranking in hand as leverage. ... even though it will change.
    I got you. My point is that a possible future opponent wants you to be good. They could care less about your strength of schedule. Especially since it won’t be that the year you actually play them.

10. Default Re: Scheduling: I would hate to be Maggard right now

130 is 130 no matter how they compile it.

No one should ever schedule a team that has a 130 strength of schedule.

Do you remember what happened to Louisiana's post season potential after it scheduled the lowest SoS baseball team in the coumtry?

Do you remember what happened to Louisiana's post season potential after it scheduled the lowest SoS baseball team in the coumtry?
    Does the cfp computer rankings take opponents opponents record into account like in baseball? And what percent is it?

12. Default Re: Scheduling: I would hate to be Maggard right now

Does the cfp computer rankings take opponents opponents record into account like in baseball? And what percent is it?
    Yes.

One, article https://fifthquarter.net/sports/foot...-cfp-rankings/

13. Default Re: Scheduling: I would hate to be Maggard right now

In that case, lucky we are filled up for a couple years . . .

14. Default Re: Scheduling: I would hate to be Maggard right now

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    In that case, lucky we are filled up for a couple years . . .
    True

Cool. Well with the future 12 team playoff does sos matter as much??

Any body have a list of the sunbelt teams SOS? Or a link to the list?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information