Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Alumni Association = Stupid Run Organization

Default Re: Alumni Association = Stupid Run Organization

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    If the LCVC is funding this event, then why are we asking a family of 5 to pay $250 to tailgate for a few hours?
    I see no one can answer this good question. how much was the tailgate spot in austin? I was there and they did a very nice job. what did that cost

Quote Originally Posted by ExecutiveCajun View Post
    I see no one can answer this good question. how much was the tailgate spot in austin? I was there and they did a very nice job. what did that cost
    Austin:
    "The event costs $25 for admittance, including cold beverages and a Texas-style barbecue lunch!"

Rice:
    "Cost to attend the tailgate is $50 per person and includes food and drinks."

3. Default Re: Alumni Association = Stupid Run Organization

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Again, this is being funded by the LCVC, Lafayette Convention and Visitors Center (hence, no ULL).
    Unless this has some kind of Trade Show exposure value why would LCVC sponsor an out of town event?

Will there be a gigantic LCVC banner?

If the LCVC is funding this event, then why are we asking a family of 5 to pay $250 to tailgate for a few hours?
    Think they are a sponsor of the event, not funding it. Don’t know how much was contributed

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    So why complain?
    Memo, you might want to know someone's history before calling them out. This guy use to organize and host the annual Ragin Cajun Athletics Golf Tournament in Houston. He and others would bring in $60K, $70K or more every year to donate to Cajun Athletics when there wasn't much money coming in. He has experience in dealing with the UL Alumni Association for years in the Houston area. He, along with Houston Cajun were involved for years. He's right, this event was poorly planned with no corporate sponsorships.

More people might sign up if they…I don’t know…sent out an email notification about it?
    I received an email and deleted it as soon as I saw the cost. For $50 per person, there are a number of quality restaurants in the Houston area I can enjoy with friends and family.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Memo, you might want to know someone's history before calling them out. This guy use to organize and host the annual Ragin Cajun Athletics Golf Tournament in Houston. He and others would bring in $60K, $70K or more every year to donate to Cajun Athletics when there wasn't much money coming in. He has experience in dealing with the UL Alumni Association for years in the Houston area. He, along with Houston Cajun were involved fir years. He's right, this event was poorly planned with no corporate sponsorships.
    Thank you T.
    Appreciate you sharing what some others are not aware of.

I repeat my question- how much was the AA charged for the tailgate spot in Austin

Good on T for calling out people ignorant to who Lafitte is and what he has done for the program for many years

Who can tell us what it costs to set up the AA tent in austin tex

The UT tailgate was awesome. Best one ever put on by the AA. We have a group of 22 so we will not pay 1100 to go to the tailgate. Figure we can do something pretty nice for 5-600

11. Default Re: Alumni Association = Stupid Run Organization

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Memo, you might want to know someone's history before calling them out. This guy use to organize and host the annual Ragin Cajun Athletics Golf Tournament in Houston. He and others would bring in $60K, $70K or more every year to donate to Cajun Athletics when there wasn't much money coming in. He has experience in dealing with the UL Alumni Association for years in the Houston area. He, along with Houston Cajun were involved for years. He's right, this event was poorly planned with no corporate sponsorships.
    Thank you T for sticking up for me. I usually do not come on here unless I am stating the facts or have questions. We have a lot of good UL fans here. Plus now we have Ragin Review. No social club is going to keep me quite.

12. Default Re: Alumni Association = Stupid Run Organization

Plus many of us have been in this fight since we got rid of Toothpick. I intend to stay in it as long as I am alive!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lafitte the Pirate View Post
    Plus many of us have been in this fight since we got rid of Toothpick. I intend to stay in it as long as I am alive!!!!
    Preach, brother!! Long time no see.

Sorry Lafitte, the taxpayers of Lafayette appears to be footing the bill on some of this, didn’t realize you’re out of town.

Whatever the situation, this looks like it’s being USL’ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lafitte the Pirate View Post
    Thank you T for sticking up for me. I usually do not come on here unless I am stating the facts or have questions. We have a lot of good UL fans here. Plus now we have Ragin Review. No social club is going to keep me quite.
    At the end of the day, it was always going to be the fanbase that elevates this program. No administrator, coach or player cares like we care. Or stays around as long as we have. I hope everyone continues to speak up. We will never progress like we should as a University or Athletics department until we root out the loser mentality (which we are still rife with - though we've gotten a little better).

When they complain about your "complaining," just ignore them. When we provide constructive criticism, evolution and ideas for improvement, many of these people hear one thing: CRITICISM. Many of these folks are in this gig for promotion and self-preservation; which is why they perceive fan communication as negativity. The problem is, when they move on to greener pastures, we're stuck here holding the bag.

Ignore the BS excuses that they feed you and keep asking questions. Keep calling out incompetence. Keep holding feet to the fire. Keeping demanding solutions.

When all is said and done, this is OUR program. They work for US.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information