Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Increase Attendance?

Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

Better opponents. If I was still in NOLA, this would’ve been one of my ESPN3 games. Also make it an event like live bands things for kids etc…. Hire the same people that promoted the IceGators.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Only the fans that follow Cajun Football knows about the parking pass. Maybe we just charge people per game ?
    So those fans would know to pay to park and where that’s located?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Thanks for clarifying. If you are a $100 RCAF donor and buy season tickets you can choose to not buy the parking pass correct? And if so they should just include it with your ticket purchase.
    Right. You don’t have to have RCAF to buy season tickets for football and if you are no requirement to buy the pass. I’m all for trying. I’m all for reaching out to the community and getting their input and reasons for not going. I tend to bounce between the admins side of the moving goalposts and the community’s side of a poor experience. My biggest worry is that Maggard and Co have already or will eventually just throw their hands up and say f it.

Okay well ! What if we raise the prices to 20 or 25 dollars.

That thousand dollars buys the season tickets, parking pass, RCAF membership, and tailgating spot correct. So what is wrong with charging 25 bucks for a one time parking fee

Sure $25. That’s $25 I wouldn’t spend to be a few hundred feet closer. My brother has a tailgate spot along the fence by agave. I walk from the field across the street. It’s the same distance to stadium within 30 seconds.

I say 20 because anyone can just hand over a 20 instead of giving change it make it quicker.

Well if a person pays 20 they tell there friend, another person tells there friend

Plus it would free up some parking

I say 20 because anyone can just hand over a 20 instead of giving change it make it quicker.

Well if a person pays 20 they tell there friend, another person tells there friend

Plus it would free up some parking
    Not rouses lot. The grass lot by the lite building.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan.hess1986 View Post
    Sorry for my last comment. I shouldn’t have jumped on you, your question was fair. Re price, I think a multitude of things impacts what someone is willing to pay. For me, the overall experience sucks, so unfortunately I’m not going to give up my time and money to go. I love the other sports and frequent them, and have zero complaint.

Again, sorry for my comment earlier. I know you’re one of the good ones.

Each time I cave in and go back it’s the same experience, so I’ve hit a point where I said I’m not going to anymore football games. I’ll continue to spend my time and money enjoying basketball and baseball!
    No worries man. I know I’m being harsh in here. This debate always just gets me fired up. At both sides unfortunately.

Just a thought. I know TV & money drive everything. Push back kickoff to 7PM to where students get somewhat of a break from 100 degree heat indexes. Sun is beaming right on them when skies are clear. I chose not to invest in that toture. I'm 63 and my wife hates spot.Offer more perks to be in stands. Just an opinion

Last edited by Eggroll59; September 11th, 2022 at 05:53 pm. Reason: More info

10. Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

I would promote general admission to high school students. Tell them to bring a date.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll59 View Post
    Just a thought. I know TV & money drive everything. Push back kickoff to 7PM to where students get somewhat of a break from 100 degree heat indexes. Offer more perks to be in stands. Just an opinion
    I agree with this, especially in September.

Yes. This attendance issue is frustrating. And honestly when I’m there I don’t care how many people are there with me. We actually looked a lot better after the crowd left Saturday. So stay empty and win is fine with me. Hahaha. My biggest concern about attendance is the issue will eventually trickle down to recruiting and play on the field. Next thing you know we will suck again.

Also have a designated tailgate area. For the average person who is parking across the street. They need somewhere to tailgate.

I say we have something somewhere around the Northside of the stadium.

Like Tulane’s Tailgate village or Champions Square

Let All students get in free with a school shirt on. You could add thousands of kids spending their parents money. Sell $10 GA tickets to the parents also. 1,000 kids getting in free spending $20 on concessions is $20,000 we wouldn’t have otherwise. And if it works and builds to 10,000 kids.$$$$

I know RCAF members get premium spots and pay to park in Cajun Field.

I say charge 20 bucks at the gate into Cajun Field. If it fills up, well RCAF members y’all should of came earlier.

They are rows and rows of empty parking inside Cajun Field that are never used each game.

There should be a way have those spots available if people are not going to use them
    I pay a pretty good premium over my season tickets for reserved parking. I expect that I will have a place to park in my lot as I pay for that privilege. If you want to drive RCAF to zero mistreat the people who help pay the bills

Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information