Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Increase Attendance?

Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

It’s not the price ! People spend 1000 of dollars to go to a LSU game.

It’s amenities, convenience, atmosphere, and comfort .

People are not coming because they don’t want to come ! We need to figure out why, and what we can do to solve the problem.

Big Ryan is on it

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post

People are not coming because they don’t want to come ! We need to figure out why, and what we can do to solve the problem.

Big Ryan is on it
    Bingo. I would add interest to your list, as in interest in the opponent we are playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post

Big Ryan is on it
    You’re last statement is correct. People don’t want to come and don’t feel obligated to support the university. We live in a selfish world. I told my group around me last night that I was more upset with the people that walk out with 1 minute left in the game instead of staying to cheer for the team when it’s over. You’ve been there over 4 hours and can’t stay 4 minutes more. At least the people that left at half or delay can make an argument. And don’t say to beat the crowd. I left from across the street in the field and was at my house near the skating rink in 8 minutes.

Start with a vocal rep from the team to promote. Hud did a great job of pushing the attendance average up by constantly hyping up team and game. Ticket prices are fine, concession prices are fine, open up sections of the parking to a premium ($10?) daily charge near the stadium and keep it free across the street. Make tailgating free along the fence line. Tailgating will look a lot more appetizing if it looks full from the road. I love going out to a game in person when the crowd is large and loud. If it looks full, it will draw more people. I think that perception is key. I don’t know where the students are tailgating now, but if the aren’t under the Oaks on the Cajundome side, then they need to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripple Threat View Post
    I don’t know where the students are tailgating now, but if the aren’t under the Oaks on the Cajundome side, then they need to be.
    Students' tailgate area is on the practice fields near the Moncla IPF. What sucks is they close the area between the performance center and Tigue. So if you want to get from the Tigue area to the student tailgate, you have to go all the way around Cajun Field.

6. Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

Quote Originally Posted by Tripple Threat View Post
    Start with a vocal rep from the team to promote. Hud did a great job of pushing the attendance average up by constantly hyping up team and game. Ticket prices are fine, concession prices are fine, open up sections of the parking to a premium ($10?) daily charge near the stadium and keep it free across the street. Make tailgating free along the fence line. Tailgating will look a lot more appetizing if it looks full from the road. I love going out to a game in person when the crowd is large and loud. If it looks full, it will draw more people. I think that perception is key. I don’t know where the students are tailgating now, but if the aren’t under the Oaks on the Cajundome side, then they need to be.
    This guy offering solutions.

7. Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Students' tailgate area is on the practice fields near the Moncla IPF. What sucks is they close the area between the performance center and Tigue. So if you want to get from the Tigue area to the student tailgate, you have to go all the way around Cajun Field.
    This may be be an unnecessary impediment which could be looked into.

It starts with the STUDENTS. Generational fandom. Here's App yesterday on campus.

https://twitter.com/KiukRyan/status/...C8gZuLqMUrAAAA

And goodness, their local media picked it up.

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/ap...AXMTINBYOR43M/

And it really sucks when the message is divided about the cULture or cULLture. Creating new fans 35-40+ isn't the route. Routines are set, you're not getting them back, especially if they know they are getting blasted by "real fans". Just like church, a group being pointed out for their behavior ain't walking in the door.

9. Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    We should rebuild the stadium where you can just pull your car up to field for free and watch from your car and bring all the free food and drinks you want. But the university police would probably give parking tickets.
    This guy is firing on all cylinders. Better call the fire department.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan.hess1986 View Post
    The stadium is basically empty every week and you say no arguments hold water? Lol obviously the majority of Acadiana feels the same way. At the end of the day these issues are subjective to everyone’s opinions, and clearly the majority of people are of the opinion that what we’re doing isn’t working.
    So again if you lived around the area what do you think would be a fair price for a family to attend?

I appreciate that we are seeking solutions instead of complaining. UL will thrive when the administration, students, community, and fans all work together. Ideas to increase fan involvement should bring us together.

We could start a marketing campaign to reach the casual fans similar to “Together we rise, light the fuse, pull the rope, or it’s a great day to be a Ragin Cajun.” These are all things we’ve heard before. It could be a phrase like Join the cULture, I’m in (UL hand sign) or United We Win.

Coach Hud showed us the model to increase fan support. He was personable, passionate, and persistent. He knew everyone was needed to succeed including the bandwagon Tiger fans. He made it the in thing to do to be a Ragin Cajun fan. He wanted to plant our flag and reclaim our community. This is similar to what Kane Wommack is preaching around Mobile. USA doesn’t try to be Alabama or Auburn just the best version of themselves. We need a public leader like this.

Let’s build the fan base and grow the cULture!

We should rebuild the stadium where you can just pull your car up to field for free and watch from your car and bring all the free food and drinks you want. But the university police would probably give parking tickets.
    It’s not that at all, you pay $10 to park across congress, you grab your wife and couple kids, ice chest and chairs to walk to TG and on the way Is a vast empty parking lot that never fills…those people would have paid $20 to park there…but we have been waiting a decade to fill a 1000 spots with season ticket holders, $300 Rcaf and $60 pass people…never giving the guys who pays $10 a chance to see what he could have. It’s short sighted. We have the model, hud showed us the model…we won’t use it

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    I appreciate that we are seeking solutions instead of complaining. UL will thrive when the administration, students, community, and fans all work together. Ideas to increase fan involvement should bring us together.

We could start a marketing campaign to reach the casual fans similar to “Together we rise, light the fuse, pull the rope, or it’s a great day to be a Ragin Cajun.” These are all things we’ve heard before. It could be a phrase like Join the cULture, I’m in (UL hand sign) or United We Win.

Coach Hud showed us the model to increase fan support. He was personable, passionate, and persistent. He knew everyone was needed to succeed including the bandwagon Tiger fans. He made it the in thing to do to be a Ragin Cajun fan. He wanted to plant our flag and reclaim our community. This is similar to what Kane Wommack is preaching around Mobile. USA doesn’t try to be Alabama or Auburn just the best version of themselves. We need a public leader like this.

Let’s build the fan base and grow the cULture!
    I hear you about USA but have you ever been to a game there? We’d have about 200 people in the stands if they had to find those hidden lots, tailgate, then catch a bus to the stadium for the game. A total PITA experience, oh and DO NOT leave your cell phone on one of those busses! Actually, you’re right USA fans are way better than Cajun fans for having to put up with that BS to go to a game.

Pretty weak argument but you’re in the majority apparently. Louisiana football is the best bang for your buck in the country. You have the closest free parking probably in the country. Bringing your family to the game isn’t any more expensive than a crappy movie you could stream or any other family activity in town. Would you miss a concert that you really want to see for all the same reasons and just watch it on tv??

And with all that said. Would you figure out a way to go if you couldn’t watch at home??
    No ____. Apparently, none of these yahoos have seen a college football game outside of Lafayette, because you cannot find closer parking than at Cajun field. "What, you mean I have to cross the street?!?!" LOL, GTHOOH. Hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    No ____. Apparently, none of these yahoos have seen a college football game outside of Lafayette, because you cannot find closer parking than at Cajun field. "What, you mean I have to cross the street?!?!" LOL, GTHOOH. Hilarious.
    Make a roadie to any p5 matchup the Cajuns have. Walking to Neyland Stadium was a great experience. The checkboard endzone is so iconic. We'd be so lucky. I can name some others, but that one has always stuck with me.

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information