Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Increase Attendance?

1. Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun309 View Post
    Build a 15000 seat stadium with standing room (expandable) capacity. It really is embarrassing to say 15k was decently ok attendance. I don’t believe if you had free tailgating with free tickets and free beer you could fill that stadium.

And please quit quit quit with the whole “we need better opponents” argument. I’ve never been to any sporting event to see the opposing team, ever.
    Mountains and make everybody like 309

Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    We need to figure out how App State is able to create a buzz around there program.

It just seems like we cant create that same type of buzz !
    They won national championships and packed a 17k seat stadium for years, creating an incredible atmosphere

We need to figure out how App State is able to create a buzz around there program.

Ask fanof71 he would know.

Maybe if the team won 16 games in a row then the buzz will be created?

5. Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun309 View Post
    Maybe if the team won 16 games in a row then the buzz will be created?
    I mean, no team in college football wins 16 games in a row. I believe that is it.

Then get caps, shirts, balloons, billboards etc. that’s it, never tried before.

I know I’m prone to exaggeration, but This is what I am seeing on Facebook.

Tickets need to be priced somewhere between what they are and free. Closer to free.

People need to be able to park next to Cajun Field for free but they’d be willing to pay if they can come just to tailgate. Oh and tailgating needs to be free.

Students need to be able to tailgate where they used to tailgate.

People should be able to buy a hotdog and a Coke for $2.50.

There needs to be more concession stands and the food needs to be cheaper.

There needs to be more bathrooms.

I’m not saying I’m happy with our attendance, but I promise you attendance issues are everywhere and at every level these days. If you turn on a random P5 game, odds are the stadium will be half empty. The full games we see on prime time TV are the exception, not the rule.

It turns out spending good money to sit on hard bleachers in crappy weather isn’t the draw it used to be when the option exists to watch it for free in your own home.

Perhaps give local corporate sponsors a large allotment of free GA tickets that they can offer to their employees and their families? OLOL, First Horizon, LHC Group, etc?

Advertise to all public and private schools around Acadiana that students get in free, give them “student ticket” stubs so they can bring that home and show their parents.

9. Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

As usual, everything showing up here is either satire or free, neither of which pays the bills.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    As usual, everything showing up here is either satire or free, neither of which pays the bills.
    Half the parking pass spots are empty/unfold…sell them per game until full. Why make people pay to park across the street with thousands of unsold parking spots in the gate? I think people will pay for convenience, seems like we are expected to pay for inconvenience

Thank you Vic! Free never works or lasts..

12. Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Half the parking pass spots are empty/unfold…sell them per game until full. Why make people pay to park across the street with thousands of unsold parking spots in the gate? I think people will pay for convenience, seems like we are expected to pay for inconvenience
    You proposing to pay, most here are not . . . Give, give, give

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Thank you Vic! Free never works or lasts..
    Tons of empty spots not sold..sit empty, for feee

You proposing to pay, most here are not . . . Give, give, give
    I pay plenty and have a lot of people who would pay per game to park, per game to tailgate, per game for tickets…you will never get season buy in if you don’t get them there for a single game. Nobody goes from zero to all in.

I know RCAF members get premium spots and pay to park in Cajun Field.

I say charge 20 bucks at the gate into Cajun Field. If it fills up, well RCAF members y’all should of came earlier.

They are rows and rows of empty parking inside Cajun Field that are never used each game.

There should be a way have those spots available if people are not going to use them

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information