Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21 28 29 30 31

Thread: How to Increase Attendance?

Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

Quote Originally Posted by ExecutiveCajun View Post
    i hope people are paying attention to this post. myself and others have pitched ideas like this to people in the admin. some of those have gone now but they didnt listen the first time we tried. maybe they would listen now. cocktail hour needs to be reinstated as well. young alumni is one of the biggest missed opportunities this association has missed. lazy and entitled people in positions of authority are costing us $$$$
    The point of most of my posts about APP State and the off the field success they've had with issues that continue to plague us, is can we start stealing ideas, give them a call, find out why and how they are so successful...yes, we've not ever won and NC...we're not isolated, all the excuses I've read on this board (and some with good reason). Find out what is making them so successful off the field, and with thier football scheduling. I've stolen ideas my whole professional career, and then made them my own to fit whatever narrative that was needed. Can we do the same...And Troy too, they've sold 10,000 season tickets as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    What other game would the casual fan acknowledge? Just Texas

Meanwhile high quality wins in that timeframe:
    UAB (longest home winning streak at the time.)
    App. St. (3 times)
    Liberty (NFL QB1)
    Marshall
    Something to note, beating FSU this year would move the needle with local casual fans more than the Iowa St game did. Think about why and then leverage that into marketing to those fans.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    The point of most of my posts about APP State and the off the field success they've had with issues that continue to plague us, is can we start stealing ideas, give them a call, find out why and how they are so successful...yes, we've not ever won and NC...we're not isolated, all the excuses I've read on this board (and some with good reason). Find out what is making them so successful off the field, and with thier football scheduling. I've stolen ideas my whole professional career, and then made them my own to fit whatever narrative that was needed. Can we do the same...And Troy too, they've sold 10,000 season tickets as well...
    im with you and ill say what i have said for 30 years. you cant just find anyone to fill your stadium and then wonder why the atmosphere is dead. you need to go out and find football fans. if you cant find them you need to educate them on the game and give them a reason to come back

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Something to note, beating FSU this year would move the needle with local casual fans more than the Iowa St game did. Think about why and then leverage that into marketing to those fans.
    goes to show how ignorant the fans are if thats the case. Iowa st was a game away from being in the playoffs that year. they were 3 points from being big 12 champs. their qb was in the heisman running. Fl st has been bad for years

goes to show how ignorant the fans are if thats the case. Iowa st was a game away from being in the playoffs that year. they were 3 points from being big 12 champs. their qb was in the heisman running. Fl st has been bad for years
    No argument here, but you don't sell potential customers by calling them stupid...

100%

No argument here, but you don't sell potential customers by calling them stupid...
    its not about intelligence. its about being actual football fans. shows the ignorance of football fans in this area. it is not a good or bad thing. it just is. you have to consider that when doing your outreach if you are trying to recruit casuals to support the cajuns

8. Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

its not about intelligence. its about being actual football fans. shows the ignorance of football fans in this area. it is not a good or bad thing. it just is. you have to consider that when doing your outreach if you are trying to recruit casuals to support the cajuns
    Dude, don't fool yourself, there is as big a percentage of purple and gold fans that lack specific football knowledge as there are Cajun Fans. It's just part of a bigger pool.

Quote Originally Posted by NODCajun View Post
    Improve the brand. Cajuns beat Iowa State, build on that. Against Texas, it looked more like we were just glad to be there. This year, pushed around by Rice, really. Like it or not, 50 miles down the road is LSU. Improve the brand, stop being 2nd rate
    You can not like this, but it's true.

Fla State won a national championship recently and has won 3 total. People know who they are and if we can beat them, it's going to be noticed, especially by the common fan.

11. Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Fla State won a national championship recently and has won 3 total. People know who they are and if we can beat them, it's going to be noticed, especially by the common fan.
    There you go. Perception is 99% of the game.

Please Pin this thread till next football year

Maybe the inept administration will finally catch a hint.

Admin act like football sells itself However this team has just 3 winning seasons in the last 8 years.

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21 28 29 30 31

Thread Information