Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Increase Attendance?

1. Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestStory View Post
    Tailgating is the party before the game. People tailgating are more likely to go inside the stadium compared to people sitting on their couch.
    I
    Tailgating needs a major overhaul. I understand we need to pay if we want to be "big time", but the reality of it is most of the big time programs do NOT charge for tailgating. Sure they have areas for "premium/turnkey tailgating" where businesses/groups can pay to have the spot set up with tables, chairs, catering, etc., but that is only a small portion of their available tailgating area.

Can someone tell me how much Florida, Ole Miss, LSU, etc. charge for tailgating?

They are all known for their tailgating, and they all offer premium turnkey tailgating, but other than that they all have a "first come, first serve" policy.

I'm not going to link them all, but here is the Ole Miss' policy: With the exception of approved University-sponsored tents, all spaces are first come, first served. (SOURCE: http://olemissgameday.com/football/tailgating/ )

We could keep the whole TG1 area closest to the oak and the first couple rows of the other TG1 along Reinhardt (where they have the Cajun Walk) as reserved, other than that let people tailgate and do their thing. People would set up in the free spots as close to the stadium as possible, which would cause tailgating to be more concentrated toward the front of the stadium and not randomly spaced out all over the place.

Tailgating used to have a waiting list and the university took advantage of the situation by raising costs. This generated more revenue (which was the correct thing to do at the time). Unfortunately, increased pricing and requirements over the years caused a lot of tailgaters to give it up. Tailgating started to suffer and they never made changes to evolve with the "current state of tailgating".

SUMMARY: It's time to take a look at the current tailgating model and make major adjustments.
    …….My kid is involved through a company to do LSU tailgating….it is called Revelry or something like that…..$2k per game with tent, tv, tables, chairs, ice chests of ice and maybe some soft drinks…….they can cater some food for some extra bucks!

Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Would you go to the game if one of your kids was in cub scouts, or in band, or a cheerleader, and all the cheerleaders were invited to do a routine with the UL cheerleaders, or the Pride of Acadiana? You would be almost obligate to go right .
    Good take! As an old band geek I’d love to see local HS bands invited. They could do a pregame show, then join in with the UL band for National Anthem and sit with the band during the game. It would be very easy to have them learn a few songs to play along with the Pride of Acadiana. Do this with 5-6 bands throughout the season.
    Like you said, good recruiting opportunity for the UL band.

We need someone in the know that can present these ideas to Maggard or Savoie or whoever is in control of Gameday logistics.

Do y’all think he is actually reading this forum getting pointers on how to improve attendance ?

We need someone in the know that can present these ideas to Maggard or Savoie or whoever is in control of Gameday logistics.

Do y’all think he is actually reading this forum getting pointers on how to improve attendance ?
    Those guys and others in the administration read every single thread and post on this site. They also listen to Ragin Review.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Those guys and others in the administration read every single thread and post on this site. They also listen to Ragin Review.
    Mrian Baggart?

I understand parents have decided to stay home with their kids because of the athletes preference for the PA Music. I uderstand. We have accoustical engineers who can set up speakers behind the players bench and project their prefence to them and not the fans. An experinced DJ can mix and match fans music and athletic's without irritating either. Just a thought.

For me, I am firmly in the shrink supply and demand will increase crowd. Give me a bad_____, 25-30k stadium with amenities and a winning football team. Attendance will increase and over time, so will ticket prices, as it becomes a tougher ticket to get.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Festival International to run Downtown Alive!

“We’re not taking it over,” said (Scott) Feehan. “It is still (their) event. We have a staff that knows how to organize, promote and put these events on.

“They’re hiring us to facilitate at lot of the things they know we can do well. By utilizing our staff, they can focus their resources on a lot of the other things they need to be focused on downtown. I think it’s going to be good.”
    Well we need to be contacting this guy and using the University resources along with his resources.

We need the manpower and the know how to bring people in and handle big events.

A commitee needs to be formed and a big group of volunteers needs to be recruited.

We need the knowledge and the know how on how to put something like this together.

Bring him in as a Consultant to enhance the game day experience.

Sure the man is busy, but we have 3 weeks I am sure he can provide some knowledge and able to make some quick changes for homecoming.

Ragin Cajun cULture Commitee. The RCCC.

We can get Students and Fans as volunteers to set this up every game.

Realistically the RCCC would take it off Savoie and Maggard that way they can focus on the sports and handling the day to day operations.

The RCCC can handle everything else from tailgating to the game day experience and focus on the logistics inside the stadium

All they would have to do is approve or not approve the RCCC recommendations.

Ragin Cajun cULture Commitee. The RCCC.

We can get Students and Fans as volunteers to set this up every game.
    You sure do alot of demanding...Will you volunteer?

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    I live in Monroe, LA I can’t drive 4 hours every time they are called upon if I lived in Lafayette and had the time to do it. Yes I would

13. Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

Jacob and Custodian can handle that . . .

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Festival International has an army of volunteers. Obviously this guy knows exactly what he Is doing.

All those people you see with Festival shirts riding around in golf carts, and handing out beer and food are volunteers

I live in Monroe, LA I can’t drive 4 hours every time they are called upon if I lived in Lafayette and had the time to do it. Yes I would
    Monroe? You have my sympathy...

Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information