Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 461

Thread: How to Increase Attendance?

  1. #91
    Jacob81 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

    Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

    Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    337DJ Menace is your hook up...
    I don’t have a clue how members of the administration can be in the stadium hearing that and not make a change. Sure it’s “ bleeped out” almost. I herd the P—— word plain as day yesterday then the word following was bleeped. Apparently mother F er is allowed. The bleep out “uck” it’s sad representation of our university. And I would say for a lot of fans it falls near the category of the locker room incedent. It’s a belief and culture they don’t support and because the university is allowing it they out.

    I’m 41 and the language part bothers me. I would bet there’s a whole lot more about it that bothers our older generations.

  2. Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    I don’t have a clue how members of the administration can be in the stadium hearing that and not make a change. Sure it’s “ bleeped out” almost. I herd the P—— word plain as day yesterday then the word following was bleeped. Apparently mother F er is allowed. The bleep out “uck” it’s sad representation of our university. And I would say for a lot of fans it falls near the category of the locker room incedent. It’s a belief and culture they don’t support and because the university is allowing it they out.

    I’m 41 and the language part bothers me. I would bet there’s a whole lot more about it that bothers our older generations.
    Looks like you need a little more research.

  3. #93

    Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Parking across the street is free. You can buy a parking pass for $60($10 a game) or save $10 a game and walk 10 minutes instead of 5
    You can buy a parking pass for $360 not $60…and what first timer will spend that? Again, half the parking lot is empty…it’s not working

  4. #94
    Jacob81 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

    Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Looks like you need a little more research.
    On what? You must have been a women in a previous life. You speak in riddles I can’t comprehend most of the time.

  5. #95

    Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

    Quote Originally Posted by ryan.hess1986 View Post
    I clarified in my comments after this, itís not a price issue for me personally. For me personally the environment at the stadium is horrible. Itís the overall logistics of the experience. Last game I attended it took me literally an entire quarter of football to get my kid a candy bar. And they ran out of pop corn before halftime.

    And Iíll say it againÖ. Iím the obvious majority here. You may not like what Iím saying but our attendance blows and it canít be everyoneís fault except the Athletics Department. Go read comments anywhere on social media and you see tons of people posting exactly what Iím saying. If the stadium was full everry Saturday I could see you pushing back on me, but itís empty.
    Asking a basic question is not pushing back on you. Iíve been as hard on this university as anyone. I wrote Maggard and Yankto a dang email after the App game we pushed so hard because the concessions were atrocious. Iíve acknowledged in this thread that needs to be addressed.

    When you start your post with the typical family canít afford to attend, and the cost to attend is basically high school level Iím just curious what people would be willing to pay. people seem to be free or bust with this program.

  6. #96
    Jacob81 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

    Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    You can buy a parking pass for $360 not $60…and what first timer will spend that? Again, half the parking lot is empty…it’s not working
    Explain? Because of the RCAF payment minimum? If that’s the case then they should change it.

    X amount RCAF donor should get a parking pass for free with season ticket purchase with parking areas per donation level. That should occur to a certain parking distance. The rest of parking passes should be a 1 time season purchase with tickets. For what would be lot D and Cajundome(example)

    Sorry first timers. You cant just buy a parking pass or pay at the gates to park close. There has to be a certain amount of incentive to spend money. If you’re asking a donor to shell out $500-$1,000 to park 50 ft away and that donor knows joe blow wants to “checkout” a Cajuns game and can park 100 ft further for $10 you’d have a real problem.

  7. #97

    Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    All these are valid points. I am with Ryan.

    If we can’t hold a conversation on what the real problem is then what we doing ?

    We minus well pack up shop be an academic school. Why are we even in a conference.

    If people get offended about what is really going on then it will never change.

    Maybe the problem is us, and the university, not the people who are not showing up

    If I own a business and I am losing customers do I say F them!! They are arrogant, entitled, selfish _____s. I promise I will go out of business real quick
    I’m all for discussions on this. There was a very obvious point hit with Maggard I believe in the 2019 season though where he actually called the fans out publicly on Twitter about attendance. Maybe it wasn’t appropriate, but he made a very good point that the people not going continuously move the goal posts of what they say it will take to get them there.

  8. #98
    Jacob81 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

    Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

    Family cost problem is easily solved. It was solved years ago. It’s called baby sitters or grandparents. If you want to go to the game or you and husband/wife. Baby sitters or grand parents. You’d save money and get time away from the little sh t heads. Haha


  9. #99

    Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

    There is nothing wrong with that it makes you better not worst.

    the football landscape has changed we have to change with it.


  10. #100

    Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

    Sorry for my last comment. I shouldn’t have jumped on you, your question was fair. Re price, I think a multitude of things impacts what someone is willing to pay. For me, the overall experience sucks, so unfortunately I’m not going to give up my time and money to go. I love the other sports and frequent them, and have zero complaint.

    Again, sorry for my comment earlier. I know you’re one of the good ones.

    Each time I cave in and go back it’s the same experience, so I’ve hit a point where I said I’m not going to anymore football games. I’ll continue to spend my time and money enjoying basketball and baseball!

    Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    I’m all for discussions on this. There was a very obvious point hit with Maggard I believe in the 2019 season though where he actually called the fans out publicly on Twitter about attendance. Maybe it wasn’t appropriate, but he made a very good point that the people not going continuously move the goal posts of what they say it will take to get them there.

  11. #101

    Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

    Invite any high school student wearing red to get in free with their school id- Have a separate area for them to enter. Go to the high school to promote. Have some incentive to attend .
    They will buy concessions

    get the Greek organizations to get to the games .

    Add in more concession areas at any place available

    Add port o lets in the outside concourse area like mardi gras areas

    Lower concession prices

    Promote on all radio and tv and social media during week

    It can happen
    Go Cajuns


  12. #102

    Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

    Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    You can buy a parking pass for $360 not $60…and what first timer will spend that? Again, half the parking lot is empty…it’s not working
    Lot F is $100 RCAF donation. $60 pass. $160. You said parking across the street is $10? It’s not. Back to free last year. Parking pass is not $360. It’s $160. Maybe get your facts straight before jumping in to the argument.

  13. #103

    Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

    Only the fans that follow Cajun Football knows about the parking pass. Maybe we just charge people per game ?


  14. #104
    Jacob81 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

    Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

    Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Lot F is $100 RCAF donation. $60 pass. $160. You said parking across the street is $10? It’s not. Back to free last year. Parking pass is not $360. It’s $160. Maybe get your facts straight before jumping in to the argument.
    Thanks for clarifying. If you are a $100 RCAF donor and buy season tickets you can choose to not buy the parking pass correct? And if so they should just include it with your ticket purchase.

  15. #105
    Jacob81 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

    Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Only the fans that follow Cajun Football knows about the parking pass. Maybe we just charge people per game ?
    I understand people wanting to make money and fill the outer areas of the lot. But like I said earlier, if you can park 100 feet further for $10 than the guy spending $1000. Good luck getting the $1000

Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Attendance Increase Eighth In Nation
    By NewsCopy in forum Post Season and Bowls
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: April 27th, 2011, 05:30 pm

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •