Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Increase Attendance?

Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun309 View Post
    Serious question. Do they give a pass to RCAF members for their parking/tailgate spot? Like a laminated rear view hangar?
    As an RCAF member you are allowed to purchase parking passes at $60 each. You get 2 tailgate parking passes per tailgate spot purchased. Included in the cost of your tailgate spot.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Didn’t you drop your ticket quantity bc you couldn’t give away tickets?

We need to be like App and routinely win P5 games or at least be highly competitive. To date, we can not make that pitch to the casual fan.

The casual bandwagon fans don’t care about beating G5 schools.
    I dropped 5 bc I was tired of walking in with them in my pocket, when we were in Lourdes park before the parking bullsht, I gave away 5 every game to different people that came to our tailgate

This pretty well sums it up. The typical casual fan can’t afford to bring a family of 4 or more. The parking situation is horrible. Tailgate situation needs an overhaul. And everytime I go get my kid a candy bar I miss an entire quarter due to concession logistics. Everything mentioned below is why I don’t go to games in person anymore. And based on the attendance levels it seems like I’m not the only one that feels this way lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    I know I’m prone to exaggeration, but This is what I am seeing on Facebook.

Tickets need to be priced somewhere between what they are and free. Closer to free.

People need to be able to park next to Cajun Field for free but they’d be willing to pay if they can come just to tailgate. Oh and tailgating needs to be free.

Students need to be able to tailgate where they used to tailgate.

People should be able to buy a hotdog and a Coke for $2.50.

There needs to be more concession stands and the food needs to be cheaper.

There needs to be more bathrooms.

$60 per car per season? So $10/ game?

Quote Originally Posted by ryan.hess1986 View Post
    This pretty well sums it up. The typical casual fan can’t afford to bring a family of 4 or more. The parking situation is horrible. Tailgate situation needs an overhaul. And everytime I go get my kid a candy bar I miss an entire quarter due to concession logistics. Everything mentioned below is why I don’t go to games in person anymore. And based on the attendance levels it seems like I’m not the only one that feels this way lol.
    Pretty weak argument but you’re in the majority apparently. Louisiana football is the best bang for your buck in the country. You have the closest free parking probably in the country. Bringing your family to the game isn’t any more expensive than a crappy movie you could stream or any other family activity in town. Would you miss a concert that you really want to see for all the same reasons and just watch it on tv??

And with all that said. Would you figure out a way to go if you couldn’t watch at home??

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Blackout espn+ In a 20 mile radius and you’d gain 5,000-8,000 people.
    I couldn't agree more!

Quote Originally Posted by ryan.hess1986 View Post
    What would be a fair price for a family pack of season tickets in your mind?

I have a family 5 pack of season tickets that comes out to $85 a piece I think.

Less than $15 a ticket. I park across the street for free. It takes 10 minutes to get in my seat.

Pricing of anything at the games can’t be a complaint that is taken seriously. It can’t get any cheaper without just giving things away for free which is not practical nor sustainable.

However I do think all options to revamp things should be on the table regarding tailgating, parking, concessions, etc… should be on the table to see if there are better opportunities. The reality is we are fighting a culture of lower attendance because people can watch games at home and until that goes away we are going against an uphill battle.

The only argument that holds water with me is concession times, that needs to be fixed ASAP!

We should rebuild the stadium where you can just pull your car up to field for free and watch from your car and bring all the free food and drinks you want. But the university police would probably give parking tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun309 View Post
    The only argument that holds water with me is concession times, that needs to be fixed ASAP!
    Agreed.

Better food options would help too.

But with that said. If your going to the game to eat good you’re in the wrong place.

I live an hour and a half away (each direction). It’s not all that far, but ultimately becomes a day trip. My issue personally isn’t the money. I’m not rich, but the cost isn’t *my issue*. My issue personally is the other things mentioned. The stadium logistics suck as a whole.

And to everyone saying it’s a weak argument, I’m the obvious majority here. It can’t be that we have horrible attendance and continue to blame the majority. Clearly what they’re doing isn’t working and the value proposition isn’t there in the eyes of the fan base and community.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    I have a family 5 pack of season tickets that comes out to $85 a piece I think.

Less than $15 a ticket. I park across the street for free. It takes 10 minutes to get in my seat.
    I agree with people that concession times can be brutal but for 5 tickets to 6 games at $425 it’s hard to listen to people complain about cost. That’s $3 per ticket more than high school football. Do the people complaining about price think UL should price below high school?

The stadium is basically empty every week and you say no arguments hold water? Lol obviously the majority of Acadiana feels the same way. At the end of the day these issues are subjective to everyone’s opinions, and clearly the majority of people are of the opinion that what we’re doing isn’t working.

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information