Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Thread: How to Increase Attendance?

Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    In a galaxy not so far away....or when it was "cool" to be a Cajun fan.
    But that's impossible the game was streamed on espn3 !

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    But that's impossible the game was streamed on espn3 !
    I don’t think it is !

Hey Cajuns, I did not read the entire thread so apologies if these ideas have been mentioned or UL is currently implementing something similar. It really starts with the student tailgating to draw the current generation in and make them want to give and come back to campus each fall. One of the best things I believe App did over a decade ago was start the "Young Alumni Program". If you don't have this, the Cajuns could start something similar. If you have a priority points program, Young Alums get double the points for the first 5 years after graduating based on their donation level. If there is no points program, you could allow Young Alums to join at half the cost and receive the full benefit for parking/seating. Possibly set up a Young Alum tailgate lot or give YA a 10-20% section of your best lot and get them used to being there before their 5 year timeframe is up.

Start'em young and keep them. Discount tickets ($5-$10) for fans 10-12 and younger, children under 4 get in free. Set up a Cajun Kids Club where parents can pay $50. CKC gets the kids into every sporting event, or X number of events, across all sports and includes a t-shirt and/or 1 free drink at the event. CKC could also offer discounts with any Cajun sponsored sports camps. Get the kids, get their parents!

Utilize analytics, if ticket sales are slow, offer a family flash sale on Thursday before the game where a family of 4 can get 4 tickets/4 hotdogs--or gumbo/4 drinks and possibly parking for $60-$75 total.

Another thing App did 10-15 years ago was a football 101 for the ladies. I can't recall the exact name of the event but it was a ladies only event. I believe they paid $25 which included 1 or 2 adult libations and the coaching staff would break down football basics over a 2-3 hour period. You need a staff that is personable to make it enjoyable. I knew some ladies who went to the event and stated how much fun they had learning and drinking.

Just a few ideas for you all to knock around or dismiss. My hope is for every program in the SBC to get to the point where the league average attendance is over 20k. The Cajuns have obviously been able to do this in the past and with the additions of Marshall, USM, JMU and ODU, we have some strong fan bases to build off of and get to that point. Good luck!

4. Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

Moonshine I like the idea of educating people about the sport.

Kids don't play it organically like they used to, yet we expect them to show up and understand what's going on.

Knowing nuances and chess moves within the game could go a long way towards building interest.

It takes a generation though, Bustle had a program for the ladies. Three years after he left they sold 15,000 season tickets.

5. Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

Quote Originally Posted by moonshine View Post
    Hey Cajuns, I did not read the entire thread so apologies if these ideas have been mentioned or UL is currently implementing something similar. It really starts with the student tailgating to draw the current generation in and make them want to give and come back to campus each fall. One of the best things I believe App did over a decade ago was start the "Young Alumni Program". If you don't have this, the Cajuns could start something similar. If you have a priority points program, Young Alums get double the points for the first 5 years after graduating based on their donation level. If there is no points program, you could allow Young Alums to join at half the cost and receive the full benefit for parking/seating. Possibly set up a Young Alum tailgate lot or give YA a 10-20% section of your best lot and get them used to being there before their 5 year timeframe is up.

Start'em young and keep them. Discount tickets ($5-$10) for fans 10-12 and younger, children under 4 get in free. Set up a Cajun Kids Club where parents can pay $50. CKC gets the kids into every sporting event, or X number of events, across all sports and includes a t-shirt and/or 1 free drink at the event. CKC could also offer discounts with any Cajun sponsored sports camps. Get the kids, get their parents!

Utilize analytics, if ticket sales are slow, offer a family flash sale on Thursday before the game where a family of 4 can get 4 tickets/4 hotdogs--or gumbo/4 drinks and possibly parking for $60-$75 total.

Another thing App did 10-15 years ago was a football 101 for the ladies. I can't recall the exact name of the event but it was a ladies only event. I believe they paid $25 which included 1 or 2 adult libations and the coaching staff would break down football basics over a 2-3 hour period. You need a staff that is personable to make it enjoyable. I knew some ladies who went to the event and stated how much fun they had learning and drinking.

Just a few ideas for you all to knock around or dismiss. My hope is for every program in the SBC to get to the point where the league average attendance is over 20k. The Cajuns have obviously been able to do this in the past and with the additions of Marshall, USM, JMU and ODU, we have some strong fan bases to build off of and get to that point. Good luck!
    Lots of power in this post.

While we realize that it has been difficult to get student buyin, we should never give up trying at that level.

If there is any place where benefits in the form of reduced costs and promotional perks has a chance to work, I believe it would be at the just got a diploma level. It is the time when they will have the most pride in that diploma. It is also the time that if we do snagg them, there is a way higher percentage chance we can keep them long term than any other classification of new fan. We have the opportunity to ease them into a fair annuity for the University while they still have a connection. Once you get them entrenched for a few years, I believe you got them.

6. Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

Improve the brand. Cajuns beat Iowa State, build on that. Against Texas, it looked more like we were just glad to be there. This year, pushed around by Rice, really. Like it or not, 50 miles down the road is LSU. Improve the brand, stop being 2nd rate

7. Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

Quote Originally Posted by NODCajun View Post
    Improve the brand. Cajuns beat Iowa State, build on that. ...Improve the brand ...
    I'm on board with that.

Quote Originally Posted by NODCajun View Post
    Improve the brand. Cajuns beat Iowa State, build on that. Against Texas, it looked more like we were just glad to be there. This year, pushed around by Rice, really. Like it or not, 50 miles down the road is LSU. Improve the brand, stop being 2nd rate
    Dude GTFOH. Conference champs, played in conf championship game four ____ing years straight. Last two years ranked in top 25. Get your tigga ass back across da basin.

9. Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I'm on board with that.
    Really

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun309 View Post
    Dude GTFOH. Conference champs, played in conf championship game four ____ing years straight. Last two years ranked in top 25. Get your tigga ass back across da basin.
    Like it or not, this guy is stating facts. Even with all our winning, our branding and marketing absolutely stink. Yes, we are second rate with the game day experience, game day staff we hire, the way things are run, our websites, all of it. We need to get brains in on the operations.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun309 View Post
    Where is he lying though?

Iowa St.

Can’t name another key win that casual fans will acknowledge. Outside of that one game, we are known to ____ the bed every P5 game.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Where is he lying though?

Iowa St.

Can’t name another key win that casual fans will acknowledge. Outside of that one game, we are known to ____ the bed every P5 game.
    What other game would the casual fan acknowledge? Just Texas

Meanwhile high quality wins in that timeframe:
    UAB (longest home winning streak at the time.)
    App. St. (3 times)
    Liberty (NFL QB1)
    Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    What other game would the casual fan acknowledge? Just Texas

Meanwhile high quality wins in that timeframe:
    UAB (longest home winning streak at the time.)
    App. St. (3 times)
    Liberty (NFL QB1)
    Marshall
    UTSA ?

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    UTSA ?
    Yes! Totally forget that one!

Quote Originally Posted by moonshine View Post

i hope people are paying attention to this post. myself and others have pitched ideas like this to people in the admin. some of those have gone now but they didnt listen the first time we tried. maybe they would listen now. cocktail hour needs to be reinstated as well. young alumni is one of the biggest missed opportunities this association has missed. lazy and entitled people in positions of authority are costing us $$$$

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Thread Information