Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 18 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Thread: How to Increase Attendance?

1. Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Experience is king
    From what I have been seeing Charles III is the King

2. Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    From what I have been seeing Charles III is the King
    I call him "experience"

3. Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I call him "experience"
    His mom had lots and lots of experience and that is why he has none.

4. Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    His mom had lots and lots of experience and that is why he has none.
    Funny, I read KCIII was the most experienced king in waiting in British history.

Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

Find a way to make it fun for the whole family and you will hit the jackpot.

You don’t have to make much of an effort to sell football to men. Make it fun for the wife and kids and it will start growing.

A party outside the stadium (not the game) draws in the wife and kids. The Tigue should have a maze of fun jumps, like 15 different ones set up. I’m not a huge fan of cover bands, but when the crowd knows every song being played, it’s more enjoyable. Women love that type of atmosphere.

Tailgating has to be fixed ASAP.
    How the hėll you ask people to fork over hundreds of dollars for a tailgate spot which they then have to supply all their own food and drinks when they can pay $15 per adult ($30 a couple & kids get in free) to get in the alumni tailgate with all you can eat and drink? Plus at alumni tent you don’t have to haul a tent, generator, ice chests, food, burners, etc.

A donation to the RCAF Annual Fund of at least $500 is required for any of the tailgate locations. SOURCE: https://ragincajuns.com/sb_output.aspx?form=4

What other programs (P5 or G5) in the country are trying to milk the tailgating experience so hard?

Tailgating should be a tool to get more people inside the gates, not another major expense for fans. I’m not saying make it free, but they have it ridiculously priced.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Coach Hudspeth gave the playbook during his latest podcast:

Mike Des needs to personally go out in to the community and ask for support. Especially to big wigs.
    Coach Hud was great at PR.
    Napier wasn't. Hud didn't mind smoozing the public and big money backers. Napier wanted his action on the field to speak for itself. Which one did it better? I guess that depends on what you define as success, butts in the seats or most wins in a 4 year span ever?
    Which one will Des be? You need both at this school, great PR and production on the field. Even Bustle had more butts in the stands and yet never produced on the field.

8. Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

Every coach is his own self. Attempt at comparison as a gage to success will drive anyone crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    People are looking to for excuses to not spend $80 to bring a family of 4 to a hot/wet/cold game against a team they've never heard of...

We had those fans during the Hudspeth era and we immediately started chirping about building a 60k fan football stadium, and raised the price of every single aspect of the gameday experience.

They managed to chase off the long-time tailgaters, the young families buying 'Family 4 Packs' for $40, while at the same time the Sunbelt was gutted and replaced by a bunch of teams that NOBODY gave a crap about.

The Sun Belt is building its way back up, and hopefully they can poach a couple more regional AAC teams after they get gutted by the Big 12. The fastest way to get more people is to improve our opponents

As far as students.... they want to get drunk and act stupid at a football game. You want students? Tell the cops to look the other way and stop writing MIP's for some kid drinking rot gut liquor out of fake binoculars
    BS! Those same people are buying LSU tix and going to Tiger Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    It’s not the same people. Stop believing that.

11. Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

Lay your research out, please. That is a pretty bold statement - SAME PEOPLE . . ?

The same people who said they would come to the games if we put a winner on the field. We put a winner on the field, now they want 2 P5 home games a year. Then we'll start winning 6-7 games a year and they'll start complaining we need to put a winner on the field. I swear, most of the folks complaining the loudest are the casuals that complain they hiked the prices too high when they started winning, while at the same time buying LSU tix and tailgating at Tiger Stadium.

The same people who said they would come to the games if we put a winner on the field. We put a winner on the field, now they want 2 P5 home games a year. Then we'll start winning 6-7 games a year and they'll start complaining we need to put a winner on the field. I swear, most of the folks complaining the loudest are the casuals that complain they hiked the prices too high when they started winning, while at the same time buying LSU tix and tailgating at Tiger Stadium.
    I hate LSU with every bone in my body. Tiger stadium is an experience. Cajun field is not. That’s not on LSU. That’s not on the fans. That’s on the UL admin and they need to figure out how to fix it.

14. Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

There are no proposed solutions in this only self serving conclusions.

I have told y’all on how to do. They just need to hire me I could get 30k on a regular basis into Cajun Field.

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 18 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Thread Information