Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst . 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 . LastLast

Thread: How to Increase Attendance?

Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Another idea when thinking about professional games:

We have zero fan interaction during game. No kiss cam, trivia, dance cam, nothing.

Would it be easy to link a camera to the big screen to have cameraman & lovely female representative roaming the stadiums during timeouts to interact with fans???
    You are correct. Usually a mascot does the heavy lifting in this space.

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    You are correct. Usually a mascot does the heavy lifting in this space.
    We really need a mascot. I agree with turbine just make it a gator and be done with it.

Good grief 25 pages

Nobody who is comfortably sitting on the couch drinking a $1 beer is thinking, "man, I'd consider paying 6x as much for a beer, fighting a crowd, and sitting on a metal bleacher if I could get on the kiss cam"

Reduce the ticket prices plain and simple. and whatever price you land on as "reduced", cut that in half. Then you MIGHT get 28-30k in the stands and you can try to recoup the difference in concessions and merchandise.

They damn near gave away tickets last weekend, and still couldn't get anyone to go. It's about as clear of a message as you can get that the product in the stadium is not worth the price you're charging for it and that's not because of rap music, or mascots, or cell service It's because G5 games between the ULs and Eastern Michigans of the world are viewed no differently to the average fan than an Ice Gators game.

it's something to do on a Saturday, IF the weather's perfect, AND you can get free tickets from the radio station

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Good grief 25 pages

Nobody who is comfortably sitting on the couch drinking a $1 beer is thinking, "man, I'd consider paying 6x as much for a beer, fighting a crowd, and sitting on a metal bleacher if I could get on the kiss cam"

Reduce the ticket prices plain and simple. and whatever price you land on as "reduced", cut that in half. Then you MIGHT get 28-30k in the stands and you can try to recoup the difference in concessions and merchandise.

They damn near gave away tickets last weekend, and still couldn't get anyone to go. It's about as clear of a message as you can get that the product in the stadium is not worth the price you're charging for it and that's not because of rap music, or mascots, or cell service It's because G5 games between the ULs and Eastern Michigans of the world are viewed no differently to the average fan than an Ice Gators game.

it's something to do on a Saturday, IF the weather's perfect, AND you can get free tickets from the radio station
    This is the wrong type of thinking.

Good grief 25 pages

free or nearly free never workssee last weeks attendance.

Good grief 25 pages

Very fair point. Kiss cam won't attract 5k fans.

But that's not to say we shouldn't do more to enhance the experience for those attending. Bring children & let them get on camera one time and see if they ask mom & dad to take them back. My grandson got on the dance cam at basketball last year - he brings it up almost every time we pass the Cajundome and ask when can he go back.

7. Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

Good grief 25 pages

My father-in-law used to walk a few blocks to go watch Louisiana College play ball just because he liked the sport.

What I Interpret you as saying is if they aren't fans of the sport already nothing will work.

I assume the continued glossing over of game management staff and Sodexo is because the feeling is there's nothing we can do about it. Until that gets resolved, you can push any campaign you want to get more people into the stadium. A large % will come once and be 5x's less likely to come again, shrinking our potential fanbase.

The stadium renovation will be a buzz and people will come. Game management better be on point opening night or the hopes of a full stadium may be gone forever.

Rebuild the party outside, and then work on getting an ever larger percentage of them to go in the gates. There are no quick fixes.

Meanwhile fix all the glaring in game issues so people on the margins come back.

It’s a tough job, ESPN+ is a potent adversary.

these are all decent to good ideas. problem is a lot of us met with the new staff when they got here and told them all of this already. nico in particular. they either lack resources or will. or both but it comes down to caring enough to continue to try. and to this date it has not happened. and thats why we need one of our own in that building. hell we need more than one of our one. we need many

I'm probably in the minority, but at this point we would probably be better off with a SUPER NICE 20K-25K seat stadium, full of tech. I just don't see people coming in droves ever again when they can watch at their house. The paradigm has changed forever.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    I'm probably in the minority, but at this point we would probably be better off with a SUPER NICE 20K-25K seat stadium, full of tech. I just don't see people coming in droves ever again when they can watch at their house. The paradigm has changed forever.
    100% Absolutely no need for more than 25k, and if that day comes that more than 25k want to be in the stadium - Fantastic, that means season tickets just became more valuable.

13. Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

I think a quarter of the concessions should be on the outside walls of the stadium. That way you can get your drinks/food on the way to your seat, or on the way out of the stadium. Also, if you want to walk a little, you can bypass the lines inside the stadium, and get faster service at one of the outside PoS.

Also, to the ExecutiveCajun's view that we need fans helping make decisions, I agree. Do we have 2-6 retirees on this site, who would give a day or two a week to helping resolve these issues? I'm sure the athletic department would be glad to pay a 'retainer fee' of minimal cost to them, to help spurn the advancement, without having to outsource more.

14. Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun_in_NM View Post
    I think a quarter of the concessions should be on the outside walls of the stadium. That way you can get your drinks/food on the way to your seat, or on the way out of the stadium. Also, if you want to walk a little, you can bypass the lines inside the stadium, and get faster service at one of the outside PoS.

Also, to the ExecutiveCajun's view that we need fans helping make decisions, I agree. Do we have 2-6 retirees on this site, who would give a day or two a week to helping resolve these issues? I'm sure the athletic department would be glad to pay a 'retainer fee' of minimal cost to them, to help spurn the advancement, without having to outsource more.
    Before RCAF .

Former Louisiana Athletic Director Nelson Schexnaider had a monthly meeting with a fan based board.

It led to the initial tailgating boom.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Wasn't horrible? 15K in a 41K stadium is horrible.
    They didn't even have 15K people there. The support from students is pathetic as well.

Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst . 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 . LastLast

Thread Information