Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Increase Attendance?

Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Simple.

The more people that Louisiana draws to events (especially from out of town) the more businesses benifit. The stronger the culture of local homebodies getting out and about, the more businesses benifit.

Before and after games.

Businesses taking the bull by the horns is another no brainer.

They need to make sure that downtown is the post game magnet.
    Sorry, Turbine. But people can't go eat before the game when we're asking them to hang out at Cajun Field Tailgate.

And they won't go out to dinner after the game b/c they've been in the sun all day long, and have to pick up their tailgate equipment after the game.

Not to mention, they already have their target crowd attending their events downtown. Why would they want to alter something that is already successful for their bank account?

Not trying to be negative nancy here, but asking businesses to change what THEY made successful isn't a good plan.

Well it only be 5 times a year we not talking about all year long.

Why couldn’t the downtown establishments bring the party to Cajun Field? Way to promote there business, and make some money to boot.

We could do it for 1 game a year . I don’t think that is to much to ask

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Beat nationally recognized teams / brands on the regular, which in turn makes our program respected nationally.

That's the only way to get the Acadiana "socialites" in the gates. These people unfortunately have to attach their identify to popular beliefs.

Troy. App State. Marshall. What do they have in common? When they lace it up, they typically compete every game, no matter the opponent. We can't historically say that.
    How much history we talking??? It’s a right now world. And we are bad ass now

4. Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    I tried to get you to take the bull by the horns but you won’t do it . .

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    They are coming in small numbers and being underwhelmed by the experience. We HAVE to fix the operation of the stadium FIRST.

People will line up out the door for a new restaurant with no reputation around here. They’ll go in once. Provide crap service and food and they’ll never go back. Give them an experience and they’ll be a customer for life.

6. Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

Sorry, Turbine. But people can't go eat before the game when we're asking them to hang out at Cajun Field Tailgate.

And they won't go out to dinner after the game b/c they've been in the sun all day long, and have to pick up their tailgate equipment after the game.

Not to mention, they already have their target crowd attending their events downtown. Why would they want to alter something that is already successful for their bank account?

Not trying to be negative nancy here, but asking businesses to change what THEY made successful isn't a good plan.
    Those are dogmatic blanket statements.

There is always a percentage that will cross the lines you've drawn.

7. Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    They are coming in small numbers and being underwhelmed by the experience. We HAVE to fix the operation of the stadium FIRST.
    Some are just hard headed . . . You know, do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result . . I understand you are telling them not to do it . . . But some just don’t want to listen

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Some are just hard headed . . . You know, do the same thing over and over again and expect a different result . . I understand you are telling them not to do it . . . But some just don’t want to listen
    Some of these ideas are not good...theyll get people to CF, but it does nothing to get them in the stadium, anything to stay in the stadium, and next to nothing in bringing value and excitement to the in stadium "experience", other than a kick azzz football team

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Some of these ideas are not good...theyll get people to CF, but it does nothing to get them in the stadium, anything to stay in the stadium, and next to nothing in bringing value and excitement to the in stadium "experience", other than a kick azzz football team
    We got to get them off the couch first! The product on the field, with better scheduling, and the rise in the conference will get them in the gate, but we have to get them to Cajun Field first

As everyone mention you could show up park at Cajun Field and set up shop, but no one came to the game.

We sucked ! Baldwin was going to put 30k in the stadium or a string of 6-6 seasons going to get us to the promise land in a terrible conference.

Now we just swapped we have a great team but we restricting tailgating and parking at Cajun Field we basically swapped one for the other.

Couple that with ESPN+ and a hour for trying to get a corn dog

Plus I will add not like you able to set up shop and at a moments notice leave. Now you got to walk you think twice before leaving specially if you are already in Cajun Field

11. Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    We got to get them off the couch first! The product on the field, with better scheduling, and the rise in the conference will get them in the gate, but we have to get them to Cajun Field first

As everyone mention you could show up park at Cajun Field and set up shop, but no one came to the game.

We sucked ! Baldwin was going to put 30k in the stadium or a string of 6-6 seasons going to get us to the promise land in a terrible conference.

Now we just swapped we have a great team but we restricting tailgating and parking at Cajun Field we basically swapped one for the other.
    Great point

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Well it only be 5 times a year we not talking about all year long.

Why couldn’t the downtown establishments bring the party to Cajun Field? Way to promote there business, and make some money to boot.

We could do it for 1 game a year . I don’t think that is to much to ask
    I understand it’s only 5 times a year. But once again, downtown establishments already have the desired crowds at these downtown events. What business owner in their right mind would want to bust up what’s already successful?

Let me ask you this way: you’re playing blackjack and you get 2 face cards? You going to split them?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Those are dogmatic blanket statements.

There is always a percentage that will cross the lines you've drawn.
    Yeah, a very small percentage.

14. Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

I understand it’s only 5 times a year. But once again, downtown establishments already have the desired crowds at these downtown events. What business owner in their right mind would want to bust up what’s already successful?

Let me ask you this way: you’re playing blackjack and you get 2 face cards? You going to split them?
    When is downtown alive?

Not like you busting that up. Once in a while you might take a chance if you already won multiple times.

Even if it is 1 time per year for one game they set up shop at Cajun Field

Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information