Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Increase Attendance?

Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Pretty sure cell boosters were brought in before. Not sure if this could be part of the plans with the renovation.
    It better be if we intend to upgrade and modernize the stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    I think you have concisely hit the nail on the head here. I have tried my best to create new fans and bring people to games. The attempts last year, friends were waiting in concession lines for 1 1/2 quarters of play.

Same friends refused my two invites last two home games and elected to stay home and watch CFB together at someone's house. Hell, it was almost too hard to pass up hanging out with friends all day at the comfort of one of their homes.

That's why I was thinking of maybe an introductory first-year low cost of a tailgating spot in TG3. Could try to entice them to come do that same thing within the stadium grounds.
    This is pretty much what game day has turned in to for me. Go to the field and hang out with family for tailgating or the game or hang out with friends at someone’s house. These are season ticket holders and frequent attendees for other sports.

Pretty sure cell boosters were brought in before. Not sure if this could be part of the plans with the renovation.
    Absolutely part of the plans in the renovations. It was one of the questions Dr. Maggard was recently asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I want more people in the stadium, but to think letting in people for free will generate more income via concession sales is not a valid argument.
    Why?

One more suggestion on speeding up lines. Beer lines are long and run at a decent pace, but I bet time would be cut in half if we had two or more dedicated stations that scanned drivers licenses and gave wristbands.

Right now everyone in line has to scan their drivers license and credit card every time they reach the register. Amount of people that aren't prepared when they are about to pay drives me nuts.

I've seen this method done at baseball games in the past and even Gulf Brew.

6. Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Why?
    We can't service concessions for those attending now.

Maybe you would suggest we put a $1.25 meter on the toilets?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post

So after all this discussion we’ve come to the conclusion that the concession issues are by far the biggest problem in attendance issues.

I think there are plenty of people around Lafayette that want to watch the Cajuns live and concession issues is the reason most try and then don’t return. We need this solved ASAP!!! When new or long time returning fans come back and see the concessions are an easy exchange the word will get around and more people and families will return to the stadium. I’m upper deck and can get a beer and pee in a commercial break and not miss a play.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post

And no. I’m the free guy here not the charge for everything guy.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Good feedback. I haven’t had the scanner issues some here have had, but there’s enough people bringing it up that it must be a real issue. Totally agree on the concessions. Got nachos on Saturday and they were the first even mediocre nachos I’ve gotten at Cajun field in years. Last few years have been ATROCIOUS. Side note: does anyone remember the bomb nachos Cajun Field used to have? Good god I hate the food and merch these huge corporations are giving us. Speakers: I hear you on that. I find it tuned down a bit this year but I could just be going deaf from the last few years.

Hope you try out a game this year. I’d suggest upper deck GA away from the scoreboard side. Concessions aren’t bad up there, no ticket checkers, opposite side of the scoreboard. I’ve had good luck with the scanners at the entrance on that side but who knows. Like I said appreciate your response. I know the admin lurks here. Hopefully some of this feedback sinks in.
    Haven't missed a home game since 2015, and I have not had 1 issue with my tickets not scanning. This is just another Lafayette excuse in a long list of why these people don't want to support their local university.

I will preface this with saying I'm not necessarily coming down on the volunteers, but shouldn't we be at a point that we have paid employees serving concessions? What are you going to tell a volunteer about poor service? Can't fire them. What do we pay Sodexo for?

I did want to add that myself or people I was with had no issues with concession times at third party vendors (Acadian Slice or that BBQ guy on visitor side). We didn't try traditional concessions though.

This is going to sound crazy, but I see The Super Dome does it so it must work. What if we have local restaurants that set up booths inside the stadium, you could have 10 different restaurants serving food at games, and I am sure the university would get the majority of the profits.

Have Deano’s, Zeus’s I mean how many restaurants does Lafayette have ?

The pros do it why couldn’t we do the same thing.

Why did we get rid of the wristbands for beer?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    This is going to sound crazy, but I see The Super Dome does it so it must work. What if we have local restaurants that set up booths inside the stadium, you could have 10 different restaurants serving food at games, and I am sure the university would get the majority of the profits.

Have Deano’s, Zeus’s I mean how many restaurants does Lafayette have ?

The pros do it why couldn’t we do the same thing.
    Already have locals selling food at games. University doesn't make much off of it but Sodexo sure takes their cut.

If the availability and price of concessions is what's keeping folks home, that's another in a long line of Lafayette excuses. Its not perfect, but I haven't been in a stadium where perfect is on the menue. You should try to get a popcorn or beer at some professional venues, its every bit as bad of an experience.

Already have locals selling food at games. University doesn't make much off of it but Sodexo sure takes their cut.
    I figure the more restaurants serving food the less people would be in the line and less time they would have to wait

Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 ... LastLast

Thread Information